MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2015, 4:52 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by Dope Man
SQ is not the only airline with a double bed in the sky.
Etihad has a double bed. You'll have to fly The Residence on their A380.
True.

I've flown The Apartments on Etihad's A380 and it's great! The Residence isn't yet bookable for a "reasonable" number of points...
Old Jul 23, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: A3 Silver
The TD Infinite Visa showed up in my online account along with the annual fee. I hope it's not a pain trying to get the refund as GCR link led to a TD page promising first year free...
Old Jul 23, 2015, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by montezume
The TD Infinite Visa showed up in my online account along with the annual fee. I hope it's not a pain trying to get the refund as GCR link led to a TD page promising first year free...
Annual Fee will be reversed within 2 monthly statements from the date of the charge.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by montezume
You get charged and refunded the annual fee, that's just kind of how the card works, yeah. If you don't get a refund within the first 2,3 statements, then contact TD.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 10:30 am

So I just got off the phone with Capital One about my Delta Skymiles card. They said existing cardmembers get to keep it and continue earning.

They also said something else I didn't know: They are cancelling the IHG card as well (but letting existing cardmembers keep it), and focusing on Costco.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 7:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by Smiley90
You get charged and refunded the annual fee, that's just kind of how the card works, yeah. If you don't get a refund within the first 2,3 statements, then contact TD.
Got my card December. Did not realize the annual fee was not credited till July. Called TD and they won't refund me the annual fee. They said its "TOO LATE"
Old Jul 27, 2015, 4:35 am

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
Just got an email saying 25% avois bonus when transferring amex points to avios. I am not sure if I want to do it now but I now in a year or 2 I do. Is this offer something they hav yearly?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: Accor Platinum,Aeroplan,BA,Marriot Rewards, Alaska Airlines, Amex Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by corruptcanadian
Just got an email saying 25% avois bonus when transferring amex points to avios. I am not sure if I want to do it now but I now in a year or 2 I do. Is this offer something they hav yearly?
I.ve had an amex since 2012, this is the first time I've seen it.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: Aeroplan, British Airways, Alaska
A Flyertalk member, crimsona, has put together a transfer bonus history.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/avion...story-1138250/
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
Originally Posted by Sean22mac
A Flyertalk member, crimsona, has put together a transfer bonus history.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/avion...story-1138250/
Awesome thanks. It seems there has been a 50% bonus before. Maybe I will wait and hope for that since I don't plan on travelling on points for a while
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:37 am

Awesome thanks. It seems there has been a 50% bonus before. Maybe I will wait and hope for that since I don't plan on travelling on points for a while
It's very unlikely we'll ever see 50% bonus transfer anymore, either to Avios or to Aeroplan

25% to Avios is the best we see now, and I'm surprised it's valid for few months

but with AA availability drying up, I have hard time using my Avios also
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:39 am

Some people speculate that the bonuses may not be as generous in the future since the lower Canadian dollar means that Amex gives out more member rewards here than in the US for the same value purchase.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Sean22mac
Some people speculate that the bonuses may not be as generous in the future since the lower Canadian dollar means that Amex gives out more member rewards here than in the US for the same value purchase.
Maybe the same inherent value, but we're also paying more for it...
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:59 am

I transfered some of my Amex MR to Avios at the 1.25 .

My points are presently 45% Aeroplan, 25% Avios, 20% Amex and 10% Alaska

Based out of YVR and being strictly a leisure traveller I like diversify my points. I will use the Aeroplan for longhaul business class and Avios for shorthaul (Alaska and hopefully AA) and maybe CX to NYC

I am saving up the Alaska points for trying out the shower plane
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by msNJV
Got my card December. Did not realize the annual fee was not credited till July. Called TD and they won't refund me the annual fee. They said its "TOO LATE"
Customer service at its best...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.