Improved UA Explorer card offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Improved UA Explorer card offer

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
I have an open UAL card (10+ years) and applied for the Explorer. It was approved after the usual moving around of credit. I got an email telling me that my card has been sent, and it also confirms that I'll receive 50K bonus miles after 1st purchase. Thanks, FT!
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:52 am

Hi everyone. I was denied for United cc on Sep 2011 due to many application with chase (i got ba co on May and sapphire on Sep). i already close my co card. I don't want to miss this 50k offer, do you think I have a chance to get approve? also since I was denied on Sep should I write it on the application or just ignore it? Thank you.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Belllaaa
..I was denied for United cc on Sep 2011 due to many application with chase ..do you think I have a chance to get approve? also since I was denied on Sep should I write it on the application or just ignore it?...
I would think you would have a good chance of getting approved. The posts here indicate that most applicants have been getting approved. And September (when you were last denied a card by Chase) is already quite a long time ago. You could apply, and even if you are not approved you could call the Chase "reconsideration line" to discuss with a representative ways that you might still be able to get yourself approved (for example, by closing another credit card you have with Chase).

As for noting the September denial on your application, I don't think they ask about such things, but if they do, then I would say answer honestly on your application.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by JenGal
To a number of above posts: notwithstanding the potential issue if you opened a MP card or OP card since mid-July 2011, I can confirm that as a holder of an active MP visa (old) and OP mc (opened early 2011) I was able to receive the Explorer card and have 50,000 bonus miles already posted to my MP account. I can verify the exact same outcome for a friend, under the same conditions. Others on FT have also verified.
Good data point

Still no evidence of people getting both 50k signup bonus miles for post-July 2011 applications?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by thetravelabstract
Good data point

Still no evidence of people getting both 50k signup bonus miles for post-July 2011 applications?

I believe you are correct. DW has a post July CO One Pass and has successfully applied for and received the United Explorer both with 50k bonuses. Bonus was verifyed at card activation, we are just waiting for statement to close. We shall see.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:27 pm

Which number gives you an automated status? The number I have connects directly to a representative.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by muji
I would think you would have a good chance of getting approved. The posts here indicate that most applicants have been getting approved. And September (when you were last denied a card by Chase) is already quite a long time ago. You could apply, and even if you are not approved you could call the Chase "reconsideration line" to discuss with a representative ways that you might still be able to get yourself approved (for example, by closing another credit card you have with Chase).

As for noting the September denial on your application, I don't think they ask about such things, but if they do, then I would say answer honestly on your application.

Thank you,
On the credit card application they ask if you ever got a denial from chase. My question is if I have to check yes or not? I got denial only for too many application with chase last Sep.
Thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: many
Originally Posted by Belllaaa
Thank you,
On the credit card application they ask if you ever got a denial from chase. My question is if I have to check yes or not? I got denial only for too many application with chase last Sep.
Thanks.
You can leave it blank
Old Jan 29, 2012, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Palaimo
Which number gives you an automated status? The number I have connects directly to a representative.
Try 1-800-436-7927 and/or 1-800-945-2006.

Last edited by muji; Jan 30, 2012 at 6:13 pm
Old Jan 29, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA, United, British Airways, Alaska Air
Originally Posted by thetravelabstract
Good data point

I did this...I got the Continental One Pass for 50k, then just got United for 50k (both sets of miles posted after I paid the first bills).
Old Jan 29, 2012, 3:57 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
So can anyone tell me if I don't get approved for the signature card do I still get the same bonus or not?

As I mentioned I got a very small credit limit for the first time with Chase when I called the auto line to see if I was approved. Want to make sure if it's the less tier card I still get the 50K.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 4:50 pm

Thanks for showing me the different numbers! I knew I had seen them here before but was having trouble finding them. Just called 1-800-945-2006 and was approved! I find it kind of funny it says "by now you should have received your welcome packet" even though I applied yesterday night (on a saturday).

They gave me a small-ish (4500) CL. I'm assuming that means I got the "platinum" rather than the "signature" card. I actually prefer this since the platinum card will report the limit rather than just the high balance, but I want to make sure most of the benefits are the same and the bonus is the same.

Does anyone know if the rental car CDW is still primary on the platinum card? That was one of the things I really liked about this card.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by pcharles
You can leave it blank
Thanks, I just did it, got the pending of 7-10 days, I will update when I will get an answer.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
How can we transfer 1 mile to my grandmother's account so that we can get her this deal? My sister has 70k miles. I only have 1k. I cannot figure out how to get her 1 mile besides having my sister transfer 2k (the minimum apparently) to her for $30. Anyone able to help??
Old Jan 29, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by gambler01
The Explorer card is new, and one difference is that you dont pay baggage fees. When I called 6 months ago to cancel the previous United card, I talked with a rep who told me I was not eligible for the bonus miles because I already had a United card. She also told me to keep checking back though, because Chase is always coming up with new offers.

I recently noticed several posts indicating others with the United card were getting the bonus miles, and the 60K offer was showing up on my United account. Since two of the terms for the offer seem to be contradicting (explained in my previous post), I called to get clarification of the terms. As a result of all that call, I applied for the card 2 days ago. I tried to get the card for my wife, but the offer does not show up for her. She doesnt even get the 40K offer. I've tried all the suggestions with various links, clearing cache, etc. She just cancelled her older United card this month.

From all I have read recently, if you can get the link to work, it appears there is a very good probability you will get the bonus.
Maybe I will apply for it. I can get 60K off to appear when I click the link posted here and I also got a physical "mail" invitation... I do not see it in my United Mileage plus account when I log in though. I do have a positive balance in my account since that is the airline I fly with for work travel. I guess i can take another hit on my credit score...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.