Wiki Posts
Search

Improved UA Explorer card offer

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2011, 2:54 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Improved UA Explorer card offer

Shh... Now they tell me it was supposed to be a secret. I will tell you more when I can.

Last edited by pgary; Sep 27, 2011 at 11:44 am
Old Sep 24, 2011, 3:03 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Interesting.. I didn't want to apply for anything until next year but this is tempting. Depends if the minimum spend is reasonable. Thanks!
Old Sep 24, 2011, 3:25 pm

Will this card be different than the United Mileage Plus Visa Signature card? I have had this card for 9 years. If so, then I won't be able to apply for the 60k miles UA card. Is this correct?
Old Sep 24, 2011, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by metoo
Will this card be different than the United Mileage Plus Visa Signature card? I have had this card for 9 years. If so, then I won't be able to apply for the 60k miles UA card. Is this correct?
You are able to apply the card, unlike Citi, Chase would give you the card if you pass the credit extension criteria. Chase just would not give you bonus, and even sends you a letter to inform you so, at about the statement closing time. At least that has been what Chase practices in the past. Who knows what might be this time?
Old Sep 24, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: Too many to list
bookmarked. thanks
Old Sep 24, 2011, 3:47 pm

oh...no bonus, no thank you ....wouldn't want the card if i don't receive my bonus miles
Old Sep 24, 2011, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat Amb
Thanks for the head's up. I'll check your website on Oct 4th!
Old Sep 24, 2011, 6:32 pm

Hmmm, I'm already at 3 Chase cards since April, this would definitely be stretching it. If it really is 60,000 with no huge spend required I'll apply just to see. If it's 50,000 + 10,000 bonus after $25,000 spend then I'll sit this one out.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Silver
I've been a seconday card holder on my father's united plat plus visa for years. I've never held a chase card as the primary card holder would I still be eligible for a card bonus
Old Sep 24, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I have a targeted offer for a 60k bonus through the my United account website.

Details:
Earn up to 60,000 bonus miles*
Earn 50,000 bonus miles after first use. Plus earn 10,000 miles after you spend $25,000 on your Card within a calendar year.
Your first year is free†
Pay no annual fee for the first year you are a Cardmember, a $95 value.
Visit the United ClubSM with two passes every year*
Relax in style before your flight and enjoy complimentary snacks, beverages and Wi-Fi.
Earn double miles on United purchases*
Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased directly from United or Continental and 1 mile per $1 for everything else.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 8:03 pm

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
Originally Posted by LeviFlight

Details:
Earn 50,000 bonus miles after first use. Plus earn 10,000 miles after you spend $25,000 on your Card within a calendar year.
Your first year is free†
Relax in style before your flight and enjoy complimentary snacks, beverages and Wi-Fi.
Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased directly from United or Continental and 1 mile per $1 for everything else.
Still the normal 40k on mine. But I think all this shows that they are beginning to realize that they must sweeten the deal a bit.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 9:47 pm
xp0

Being that I do not have a united CC yet I am hoping this one is actually worth while without a major spend requirement. We shall see...
Old Sep 24, 2011, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by pgary
Whether or not bloggers who are Chase affiliates will have access to this offer. So far I have seen no other mention of it, and it is now a day after I received notice of it. The Chase affliate bloggers I know are using a different provider of Chase card links and banners than am I.
Yes, you can expect that all major blogs will have this offer. We, unfortunately, don't have any more details than you do at the moment.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:13 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LeviFlight

Details:
Your first year is free†
Hopefully this is the one I will get for my website. Perhaps they are test marketing it through affiliates whose readers seek miles. We shall see.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:17 am

So if I have a Continental Onepass will I be eligible to get this card AND receive the miles? (I received 50k OnePass miles)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.