Reload this Page >

Improved UA Explorer card offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Improved UA Explorer card offer

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:57 am

I have read elsewhere that Chase will convert Onepass cards to United cards on January 1st, making you ineligible for future United bonuses. I would plan to cancel the Onepass card before then if I were you.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Remember - what I have said is totally speculation, which has no connection with OP.

Please take it under advisement if you intend to believe that information.

But in light of the available offers out there, I truly believe that will be as far as Chase is willing to go.

Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
Does anybody know what will happen to the Continental OnePass card after the first of the year?

I currently have the Continental OnePass and am wondering if it will be "converted" into a United OnePass card which will make me ineligible for any other bonuses going forward with the United card? I'd obviously like to get the bonus for the United card, but I don't want to apply for it right now due to inquiries, recent chase cards, etc.

Any opinions if I'll get blocked out of getting any future United OnePass offer if I have the Continental OnePass after the first of the year?

Thanks!
At this moment, treat M+ Explorer and CO OP+ as separate products (except for the bonuses, especially, if you get your CO OP+ card after 07/19/2011).

I will not worry about merger for now - as it is going to be messy (as they will need to create a new M+ number for all non-M+ CO members).
Old Sep 26, 2011, 4:31 pm

My first Continental OnePass statement is from 7/20-8/19. Boo. Missed the 7/19 deadline by one day
Old Sep 26, 2011, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by birdseye
I have read elsewhere that Chase will convert Onepass cards to United cards on January 1st, making you ineligible for future United bonuses. I would plan to cancel the Onepass card before then if I were you.
Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
Does anybody know what will happen to the Continental OnePass card after the first of the year?

I currently have the Continental OnePass and am wondering if it will be "converted" into a United OnePass card which will make me ineligible for any other bonuses going forward with the United card? I'd obviously like to get the bonus for the United card, but I don't want to apply for it right now due to inquiries, recent chase cards, etc.

Any opinions if I'll get blocked out of getting any future United OnePass offer if I have the Continental OnePass after the first of the year?

Thanks!
See this thread from UA Forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...d-changes.html
Old Sep 26, 2011, 5:45 pm

Programs: All, but no status!
Originally Posted by birdseye
I'd assume this, too, and I'm planning to cancel my OP card this week. Don't want to risk conversion and missing out on a bonus.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 6:33 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by krpjr
I think I'm the record holder for 5 chase cards in a 6 month period !!!

I've had 4 in the last 6 months, and might go for 5 with this United offer.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by pawtim
I'd assume this, too, and I'm planning to cancel my OP card this week. Don't want to risk conversion and missing out on a bonus.
Depending on how many Chase Cards you have, you may want to hold onto One Pass as bargaining tool to be reconsidered for the United Explorer Card instead of canceling it next week.

From what I read in various blogs, it seems like the United Explorer may be opened to all 1st timers and will be able to claim the bonus miles as long as you haven't had the United Explorer before or the One Pass after 7/19/11.

Correct me if I am wrong from what I have read.

Depending on the offer which we shall all see, I hope to cancel my one pass and transfer my CL of 12k to the United Explorer.

I am positive I will have to go through the reconsideration department.

9 years ago- United Mileage Plus Visa Signature

Early May- British Airways
Continental One Pass

June - Sapphire Preferred
July 6 - Southwest

PlUS 7 other credit cards with Barclay , B of A , CitiBank and AMEX in the same time frame

So when the United Explorer becomes available, I plan to apply on October 6th so hopefully I will be approved with the cancellation of One Pass or British Airways card
Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
Gambler01- Which United Card bonus you already have?
I have the Mileage Plus VISA Signature. I got the card in Mar 11 with 25K and a $50 credit, plus 5K more with an additional user. I called and told them I wanted to cancel because I noticed they had a new card (Explorer) that gave you free baggage and my card doesnt. When she confirmed my card does not include free baggage, I asked if I would get the bonus if I switched to the Explorer Card, and she said no but to keep looking since they always are coming up with new promotions. She then gave me 10K to keep my card open.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by imm2b
May be the agent was misinformed? I had the UA MP card and just got the bonus for the Explorer card recently.
Maybe
Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:53 pm

Programs: All, but no status!
Originally Posted by metoo
Depending on how many Chase Cards you have, you may want to hold onto One Pass as bargaining tool to be reconsidered for the United Explorer Card instead of canceling it next week.
You might be right. There's no huge rush, but I actually already did consolidate most of my credit limit over to another Chase card, which I use as my primary one. So, if your suggestion is based on credit limit, I've got it covered. If it's based on number of cards, I may as well keep it a few more days.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 5:25 am

does anyone know when the bonus miles will post?
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by InTheShed
does anyone know when the bonus miles will post?
Bonus miles typically post 2-5 days after the closing date of the credit card cycle in which the minimum spend requirement was met. It could, however, take 6-8 weeks, which is what the fine print usually says.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 5:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I do not have either card, would it be best to sign up for this card and then the Onepass or vice versa. I know I have read 30 days between apps for Chase cards somewhere, but don't know if there is any advantage to doing it either way. Figured I might as well get the onepass before it fades away
Old Sep 27, 2011, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by JRV62
I do not have either card, would it be best to sign up for this card and then the Onepass or vice versa. I know I have read 30 days between apps for Chase cards somewhere, but don't know if there is any advantage to doing it either way. Figured I might as well get the onepass before it fades away
From what I understand, as of July 19, 2011, Chase considers all new applications for UA or CO to be the same for the purpose of awarding bonus. So, if you apply for the OnePass card now, you probably won't be eligible for any other UA or CO card signup bonus.

This, I believe, only applies for new application. If you had a CO or UA cards that you applied for before July 19, you should be good for another card bonus.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ckpeter
From what I understand, as of July 19, 2011, Chase considers all new applications for UA or CO to be the same for the purpose of awarding bonus. So, if you apply for the OnePass card now, you probably won't be eligible for any other UA or CO card signup bonus.

This, I believe, only applies for new application. If you had a CO or UA cards that you applied for before July 19, you should be good for another card bonus.
Where did people get this July 19 cut off date information (officially or unofficially)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.