Improved UA Explorer card offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Improved UA Explorer card offer

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Where did people get this July 19 cut off date information (officially or unofficially)?
Happy, here's where I got this info (from the CO card thread, just copied and pasted, don't remember who I'm quoting here):

It looks like your assumption is correct-this is from the details for the Explorer card

United MileagePlus Explorer cardmembers will only receive one 50,000 bonus miles award if they apply for both the United Explorer Card and the Continental OnePass Plus Card after 7/19/2011.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Also July 19, 2011 is official date for the cut-off (as it was the date that Chase rolled out M+ Explorer).
Old Sep 28, 2011, 4:52 am

Programs: AGR Executive, UA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HH Diamond
Is there a reason to wait till Oct 6 to apply? I already have this offer when I sign in to my M+ account. And yes it does have a cut off of 7/19/11 for bonus. I got my CO one pass card with 50000 bonus in Jan 2011 so the way I see it I should be good to get the bonus with M+ if I apply today.

Am I missing something? Thanks!
Old Sep 28, 2011, 6:35 am

Programs: Several dozen
Its Trick or Treat time for, Chase! Just rang their doorbell and I'm at the door dressed in a Ryan Bingham costume holding a big bag. Just came from across the street where old man Peterson turned out all the nights and is pretending nobody is home. Well, if Director Peterson forgot to buy candy for us kids, he coulda just handed out coins. Uh, oh - I see two kids dressed as MM and Mr. Pickles TPing Peterson's house.

Originally Posted by QL_714
Chase is handing out new cards like candy on Halloween.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 6:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ckpeter
From what I understand, as of July 19, 2011, Chase considers all new applications for UA or CO to be the same for the purpose of awarding bonus. So, if you apply for the OnePass card now, you probably won't be eligible for any other UA or CO card signup bonus.

This, I believe, only applies for new application. If you had a CO or UA cards that you applied for before July 19, you should be good for another card bonus.
Thanks,guess I'll wait for this one to come out because the best OnePass I can find is for 40k.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 8:34 am

sheesh

Originally Posted by InTheShed
does anyone know when the bonus miles will post?
And we have a new record for impatiently waiting on points......the offer isn't even up yet, and this guy wants to know when the points will post!!! sheesh, get a grip dude....thats like putting the cart before the horse, before the cart was invented.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 8:49 am
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
offered delayed until November

I just got an email from my affiliate marketing company indicating the promo has been delayed til November. I'll try to confirm later today
Old Sep 28, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Got Southwest card in August and Chase Sapphire card earlier this year along with the BA card (2nd time which was immediately canceled after I was told a no go for another 100k). Chase initially declined me for the SW card. I had to sacrifice/cancel my long held seldom used Amtrak card for them to approve me for the SW card. I think I will not be approved for this UA card so soon as I am somehow "in their radar" as frequent cc bonus earner (have had many Chase cards over the years).

SW card has 20k credit limit. If I lower it before applying, does it count as a hard pull? Or leave it alone and use that as leverage if they initially turn me down?

What to do? Lay low or give it a shot?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by ingy
I just got an email from my affiliate marketing company indicating the promo has been delayed til November. I'll try to confirm later today
I guess the affiliates were right in saying that Chase wasn't happy at all about the leak of this offer
Old Sep 28, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by infamousdx
I guess the affiliates were right in saying that Chase wasn't happy at all about the leak of this offer
I dont know. Might time out better for Nov. Everyone's jumped on recent offers, they get a break and breather and allow more people to get in on the new offer with a little longer time gap. This "leak" seemed more like a marketing buzz builder, was there a downside to the "leak"? I cant see any.

Only downside now, is all the affiliates have to wait and chew their finger nails a little longer before they see the referral kickbacks roll in. Just in time for holidays tho

MR/CO marriage is officially over Sept, Oct Chase markets the hell out of the PP card, and Nov they market the hell out of the MP, etc division. Dec/Jan comes the official CO/UA merger marketing promo.
Nothing surprising to me.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:04 am

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Oh well, guess I'll go with the Sapphire Preferred instead. Maybe by the time this promo goes live I'll be able to apply again ^
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:13 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by gpapadop
Got Southwest card in August and Chase Sapphire card earlier this year along with the BA card (2nd time which was immediately canceled after I was told a no go for another 100k). Chase initially declined me for the SW card. I had to sacrifice/cancel my long held seldom used Amtrak card for them to approve me for the SW card. I think I will not be approved for this UA card so soon as I am somehow "in their radar" as frequent cc bonus earner (have had many Chase cards over the years).

SW card has 20k credit limit. If I lower it before applying, does it count as a hard pull? Or leave it alone and use that as leverage if they initially turn me down?

What to do? Lay low or give it a shot?
I would keep the 20K limit on the SW card. If you get turned down, call the recon line (# in the reject letter) and ask them to move some of the SW CL (10K may be a good amount) to the new card. Let them know that you want the UA card since you plan to fly UA/CO instead of SW should they ask why you want the UA card.

Note: I have been successful in getting a couple acceptances for my wife by calling the recon line in the letter (BA 100K, CO 50K) when she was orginally turned down. The first time, she had to close out the UA card. The 2nd time, we reallocated part of the CL on one of the cards to her new BA card.

Last edited by chemist661; Sep 28, 2011 at 10:19 am
Old Sep 28, 2011, 4:16 pm

offer

Sounds like a great offer---hope I can get in
Old Sep 28, 2011, 4:42 pm

I also just received information saying the United card 60,000 bonus won't be offered in October.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
delay = good news

gives me time for a couple of inquiries to drop + spread out the application(s) timeline from other cards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.