[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:52 am

Referral for PRG card!

If anyone wants a referral link for the Premier Rewards Gold card, send me a PM. I can refer you and you will receive 10,000 bonus points after your first purchase. Other offers will give you 10K points after spending $1,000. Of course once you open the account you can ask Amex to match your bonus offer to 75,000- then add 50K from this offer for a total of 125,000 points!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:23 am

lol if anyone wants a referral link for the Platinum Amex, send me a PM. You'll get 25k but then upgraded to 100k with the instructions in various threads
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:30 am

Programs: AA, BA, CO
ok, IMPORTANT info ...

finally got a nice lady on the phone who did not need to transfer me anywhere and not only did she added the offer code, she also added my 5 users to my AMEX Gold Biz Open card. She also confirmed no annual fee and 10K per each member in points.

By the way ... for all 5 people she used my address and my e-mail address.

She also said that we can add up to 999 additional users and get 10K points for each one it's just the cost is $45 per user. So I ask myself. Is $450 worth 100K MR Points? To me ..... YES, but would you guys do this???

I am about to do the same 5 free users for my personal card and then 2 more times for mothers 2 gold cards ... so 200K on the spot.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
This whole thing is really crazy but I am happy it is crazy. I got the bump up to 75K on my Personal and recd a legit offer for 75K for the business and now 100K for adding 5 addl users to each. 250K for doing virtually nothing, expect spend on what I would do anyway. Add that to the MR I had already on my Plat and we are looking at some nice triips in J or F!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:41 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Avis First
Who are you guys adding to your accts? Are they willing participants as this will show up on their credit reports or do you plan on canceling their cards soon after making the initial spend/points posting?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by cruisr
This whole thing is really crazy but I am happy it is crazy. I got the bump up to 75K on my Personal and recd a legit offer for 75K for the business and now 100K for adding 5 addl users to each. 250K for doing virtually nothing, expect spend on what I would do anyway. Add that to the MR I had already on my Plat and we are looking at some nice triips in J or F!
Crazy is ordering 12 headphones online while adding 10 AU's to 2 cards on phone.

What I've been doing past couple hours and bet I'm not alone.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:59 am

So my wife and I both have the Premier Gold Account. Can we add the SAME authorized users to both our cards?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Identity Platnium (Cosmopolitan), Palladium Card, Hilton Diamond
Cancel my regular Gold AMEX card?

I currently have the regular gold card (had it for about 5 months). Should I sign up for the Premier Rewards Gold card right now so I can get in on this offer? Anybody see any problems doing this? Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
I must be the most unlucky person in the world when it comes to CSRs. Called 4 times, shot down each time saying I need to be targeted. The last lady I spoke to was extremely helpful, but said she could not find the promo code at all. I know all the calls are documented so they can see I've been calling quite a bit.

Don't know if I should keep trying to just give up.

EDIT: I guess 5th times a charm! Finally got through to someone at MR who said he knows about the promo and asked me to confirm the 5721 offer code. Then he transferred me over to Customer Service to do the actual adding. The lady there asked for the SS# but I told her I didn't have it with me right now, and she said that was fine. She took down the names and DOBs and after a brief wait, said they were approved! I tried to reconfirm that the offer code 5721 was actually applied to my account, but she said she was not able to see any of that information. Should have asked to be transferred back to MR to ask. Will call later to check.

Last edited by glu800; Aug 11, 2011 at 12:36 pm
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
I think I saw someone say they could not get it to work with biz plat. I was going to add them as additional gold accounts. I called all Amex Plat and she said he had never heard of the promo and she searched for it in the system and said she didnt see anything. I think she was telling the truth though, it did not sound like she was giving me a run around.

So anyone have success adding gold cards to a BIZ PLAT?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:18 pm

Done with a personal Platinum. 3 users for the standard $175. I was going to add them anyway so this was a good enough reason. Wonderful Platinum CSR notated my account; he definitely wanted to make sure I would have no problems calling back in case the points don't automatically post.

I said I didn't have the SSN and he left it blank. All good.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by millere2
So anyone have success adding gold cards to a BIZ PLAT?
deltagoldflyer just got it for business platinum on the 3rd try:

Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
Called MR line - 800-297-3276

Got a great rep. Said sure could add cards and add code. Did not need to send me to card services. Did NOT need SS#'er.

2 accounts 1 hr on phone = 100,000 MR points. Unreal.^^
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by infamousdx
Done with a personal Platinum. 3 users for the standard $175.
infamousdx, it is $175 EACH right?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Did both my Plat and PR cards...

I was asked "do you have their SSN?" I said "no" They proceeded with name and DOB. After taking all my names and DOB's she came back to me in 20 seconds and told me they were all approved and I would receive the cards in 7 days.

Yippee!!!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Niomi
infamousdx, it is $175 EACH right?

No, on Plat card it is 3 additional's for $175 total.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.