Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
deleted

Last edited by aubreyfromwheaton; May 2, 2011 at 2:30 pm Reason: deleted
Old May 2, 2011, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by scoobaboy
I recently applied for and received this card under the offer 25000 points. After meeting the spending requirement and receiving my points I find out I should have in fact applied for offer #5894 for 75000 points. Can you offer any assistance in correcting this so I can receive my additional 50000 points. thank you for any help you can provide.
scoobaboy, which department did you email? I emailed Membership Rewards Program-Points Balance.
Old May 2, 2011, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by thehimalayas
scoobaboy, which department did you email? I emailed Membership Rewards Program-Points Balance.
I think I did Membership Rewards - Other.
Old May 2, 2011, 5:20 pm

That's what I did.
Old May 2, 2011, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Has anyone who applied for and received the 10k points after first purchase offer been able to get them to add 65k more points?
Old May 2, 2011, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Good afternoon XXX,

I will be glad to assist you with your inquiry.

In order to receive the 75,000 points you would have received a solicitation via direct mail. If you have received a solicitation please fax a copy to YYY Attn: ZZZ. Once I receive the information I will note your account with the offer.
its all who u get at the call customer center...if you get a nice person, they will do itl...if you get someone whos spouse made them sleep on the couch the nite before cuz they forgot milk or condoms or something, then u are hozed and u wont get diddly ......

Only reason I say that is my wife got the extra 50K and I didnt....even though I wrote the same email content for both accounts.
Old May 2, 2011, 7:29 pm

Programs: aa
Am I correct in assuming that AMEX won't allow me to have two active Gold cards? Are Gold cards churnable?
Old May 2, 2011, 9:46 pm

Programs: Grounded
Holy smokes. Thanks to this thread for pointing out I can just ask!

Thank you for contacting Membership Rewards Department.

I understand your concern and wish to inform you that we have various promotions throughout the year which are solicited through various marketing channels. We do not extend a current promotion to Cardmembers who have applied and approved with a different promotion.

However, as an exception and considering your Valued Cardmembership with American Express, I will make bonus points promotion adjustment to your account.

I have adjusted the difference of the two promotions and added 50,000 points to your account. Now, your reward account has 134,xxx available points.

I trust I have exceeded your expectations with this e-mail and thank you for choosing American Express.
I applied in late 2010 with the 25k offer, and I've been a member since 2006.
Old May 2, 2011, 11:33 pm
^_^

Programs: AAvantage Executive Platinum
Card arrived today. Applied through the 25k link.

Sent the secure message. *fingers crossed*
Old May 3, 2011, 3:21 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
The 25K offer is no longer working for me - even after I cleared my cookies.

I keep getting the following message:

We apologize that the offer you are looking for may no longer be available.
Click here to learn more and apply for the current offer.

The next screen gives me the 10K offer... I guess if ultimately I'm successful in getting the 75K MR it doesn't really matter, but I'd rather start off with 25K than 10K.

Anybody have any links that still yield the 25K offer?

Oh, for what it's worth, I am a previous Amex Premier Rewards cardmember.

Thanks,
Bostonbali
Old May 3, 2011, 3:34 am

Programs: DL GM
I can get the 25k offer to come up still, but a pop-up comes up within the window referring to the same offer and 10k miles.

Is the credited method for getting to 75k to apply for the 25k, get approved, hit the spend, and then send a secure message requesting the 75k offer and noting the promo code?

tyia
Old May 3, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
No luck seeing the 25,000 offer with my mac, neither Safari or FireFox. Might go to the public library and see if it comes up on a different computer. I assume they clear the cookies often.
Old May 3, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by beachmiles
No luck seeing the 25,000 offer with my mac, neither Safari or FireFox. Might go to the public library and see if it comes up on a different computer. I assume they clear the cookies often.
Okay I'll say it. they clear the cookies , along with any other food crumbs the homeless people left behind, on the keyboard. I think homeless humor is in poor taste.
Old May 3, 2011, 11:08 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
I think they pulled it...

My husband applied through the 25K link, got card, spent $500... and we just got the email back from someone saying they would give us the 75k instead and it is pending in our account...which we asked for in secure message.

Since we had success I thought I would go ahead and apply myself.... got the 25k link, started application process...then I get a message that the 25K offer is not available any longer....then I am sent over to the 10K offer....

Not sure if they are going to crack down on matching the 75K or not...but I am not going to chance it just for 10K! I'll wait!
Old May 3, 2011, 11:16 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Originally Posted by beachmiles
Have you cleared your cookies manually? Worked for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.