Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL ✈️
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Or visit Kardashianville and return to Ruzune from Idlewild DOJ for only few € more.

3X
I'm down for this naming convention. Also beware this fare is basic economy.

Last edited by tomasdev; Jan 9, 2019 at 1:31 pm
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:10 pm

whoops. tried momondo.de and se. forgot to try good old .com
thanks for the reminder
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by ronaldinho240
having trouble finding an OTA to price a 3x showing up on ITA for VS from C1 to C5. anyone have any luck with this or know if its possible
google flights, down the page you can change countries. helpful in some cases.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:36 pm

Here's a couple of interesting multi destination trips:

1) C1N to C1.5 (stopover) + C1.5 to C4a (stopover) + C4a to C4b = Total cost: $335 USD! (one airline)

2) C1S to C1.5 (stopover) + C1.5 to C4a (stopover) + C4a to C4b = Total cost: $265 USD! (one airline)

3) C4b to C2 (stopover) + C2 to C1N Total cost: $353 USD!

You can see these on ITA Matrix but they're not the easiest to book.

Last edited by Oj778; Jan 10, 2019 at 8:42 am
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:38 pm

Long time lurker, first time poster.
I booked a C1-C2 Double RT 5X and my card was charged and my flights are confirmed on the airline's website and have eticket number but the OTA has been "processing" my reservation for 3 days and hasn't sent me the confirmation. Could this be in any way detrimental for me at the airport?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:17 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

Originally Posted by Rayamaki
Long time lurker, first time poster.
I booked a C1-C2 Double RT 5X and my card was charged and my flights are confirmed on the airline's website and have eticket number but the OTA has been "processing" my reservation for 3 days and hasn't sent me the confirmation. Could this be in any way detrimental for me at the airport?
If you have a ticket # and the flights are confirmed on the airline's website, don't worry.

I have flown before even after the OTA emailed me that the trip was cancelled. My money was never refunded, and the flights still showed as confirmed on the carrier's website so I went for it. No issue whatsoever.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:53 pm

season?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: AV,ST,OW Gold, Marriott Gold
C1-C5

302 GBP. Full dump, which is always nice. Not super, but not bad if you want to go see the lions
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: AV,ST,OW Gold, Marriott Gold
So much silence in the room. Let's shake it a bit. C1-C2 for 177GBP. I love GBPs.
trancer likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by Raul2014
So much silence in the room. Let's shake it a bit. C1-C2 for 177GBP. I love GBPs.
177GBP withour fat, right?
I found C2 to city of angels for 380$ (=1,14$ tickets + 182 taxes + 197 fat).
Could be the same flight?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:13 am

Do you know that there is a BIG difference between C1-C2 and C2-C1 ? ;-p
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:18 am

:))

Crazy right ... my mistake
I was focused on my part of the deal.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Raul2014
Anyway if I know it right, your deal is also working the other way, for almost the same price.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by e30st
Anyway if I know it right, your deal is also working the other way, for almost the same price.
Ya ... might work.
Sadly i still didn't found a option to trim the fat.
Anyway 0.57$ the cost of one segment is insane )
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by ronaldinho240
having trouble finding an OTA to price a 3x showing up on ITA for VS from C1 to C5. anyone have any luck with this or know if its possible
I recently used BookWithMatrix (it went to Priceline) and was able to price a flight the same as it appeared on ITA when I couldn’t get the same price or that specific construction with anyone else.

[Also, I have been playing around with this a bit for years off and on, more for the puzzle and problem solving aspects, so thank you to everyone that has kept me both happily confused and entertained]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.