Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2023, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by man4business
They posted it from another city. And yes, I remember codeshare (I flew it once).
True, but, for me the same risk, i flew it too.

wait and see for cheap BF
zroland and tomasz87lca like this.

Last edited by karlot_96; Feb 27, 2023 at 5:54 am
Old Feb 28, 2023, 5:18 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by karlot_96
True, but, for me the same risk, i flew it too.

wait and see for cheap BF

for me risky
tomasz87lca likes this.

Last edited by zroland; Feb 28, 2023 at 12:29 pm
Old Feb 28, 2023, 9:41 am

If you act reasonably, the only thing which you should write here (if any) is that you were denied boarding after skipping 1x. I hope you know, why.
zroland and karlot_96 like this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 10:21 am

If you act reasonably, the only thing which you should write here (if any) is that you were denied boarding after skipping 1x. I hope you know, why.
I hope it will be fine

Last edited by tomasz87lca; Feb 28, 2023 at 11:49 am
Old Feb 28, 2023, 11:16 am

Programs: *A

I have already flown it.
tomasz87lca likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 11:28 am

I think lol is enough now
tomasz87lca likes this.

Last edited by man4business; Feb 28, 2023 at 1:55 pm
Old Mar 1, 2023, 9:56 am

I found UA fare which have quite favourable conditions for further games in the "combinability" section of the fare terms and conditions, but a there is "rather obscure" note in the "Surcharges" section.

Spoiler

Does this mean (purely theoretically), that if I found an x-factor that worked as needed, then if that x-factor was operated by someone other than the one named in the "combinability" section, UA would have the right to charge me that additional surcharge?
THX for your reply.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 10:44 am

I was playing with ITA Matrix and found a LHR-KUL direct round trip on MH, not EoE permitted based on the fare rule.
However, when I added a US domestic flight at the end, the return MH leg merged with the US domestic flight to share a fare code.
The booking class also bumped up from O to N which I initially thought was to make it less restrictive, but when I read the rule, EoE remain non permitted.
Base fare increased but YQ dropped.

Have you guys encounter anything like this? It made me rethink the potential loss of opportunities by giving up on non combinable candidate fares.

Update: The new fare code of the return leg ends with MY instead of GB. Is the system treating my KUL-LHR as the outbound flight now?
Old Mar 4, 2023, 4:04 am

C2.5-C3 r/t on Biz $818 ai with a 3X C2.5-C2.

Last edited by kiwibirdft; Mar 4, 2023 at 4:28 am
Old Mar 6, 2023, 10:26 am

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
19h flight to some better air and then to Opera House but the long way with 747 and 2x 380 C-Class USD162.95. No X required.
​​​​
Old Mar 6, 2023, 1:46 pm

Have you tried at least [---] I think all what you need is: good luck.
karlot_96 and tomasz87lca like this.

Last edited by man4business; Mar 6, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Old Mar 7, 2023, 12:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Just checked in with AA Premium Class Agent at major European airport for my non stop flight to JFK.
Casually asked if there had been any schedule change for my "X" flight. She was bewildered and asked what I talking about. Told that I said X because I could not remember airline or date. She tried but could not find anything other than One world 🌎.

If I want to fly to Utzon Opera House in the future I trust flying F class Suite will be more comfortable and will cost slightly less.
tomasz87lca likes this.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Mar 7, 2023 at 1:05 am
Old Mar 7, 2023, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Just checked in with AA Premium Class Agent at major European airport for my non stop flight to JFK.
Casually asked if there had been any schedule change for my "X" flight. She was bewildered and asked what I talking about. Told that I said X because I could not remember airline or date. She tried but could not find anything other than One world 🌎.

If I want to fly to Utzon Opera House in the future I trust flying F class Suite will be more comfortable and will cost slightly less.
WHY u not quoted the first text? hard to follow without contexts
Old Mar 7, 2023, 4:04 am

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer

is it also unbookable? How about we focus the thread on tricks that can be ticketed
fridgy likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL,AA,UA,EK
C2-C1-C2 ( WITH stopovers ) in J at discounted fare - 70% off . works other way but slightly expensive .

not6 : Its not the trick thats been posted multiple times here

Last edited by ChanduFD; Mar 8, 2023 at 2:47 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.