Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2015, 5:39 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by jorun
there is a big problem: You aren't a fuel dump expert or your experience need an update LOL
So how can you suggest that it is a waste of time?

P.S.
Another hint: It isn't a special construction.
@Timidocvl
round trip
hahahah funny to see how much polemic you are. I didn't know you were the one who was in charge to decide who was expert and who's not. And funny to see how your posts are more oriented to polemize with other users in order to establish who's the #1 rather to build concrete suggestions.
Oh, that damn frustration ! Relax, you're the one and only #1 here.

Well, and just because you're the most "updated" here on the square, just for your information, LH is 100% dumpable with special construction from C2 to C3. And also, maybe, even with a common 3X.

So now, you're free to go back to your funny little games dude.
In the meantime we will wait for your next polemic and frustrated post.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
hahahah funny to see how much polemic you are. I didn't know you were the one who was in charge to decide who was expert and who's not. And funny to see how your posts are more oriented to polemize with other users in order to establish who's the #1 rather to build concrete suggestions.
Oh, that damn frustration ! Relax, you're the one and only #1 here.

Well, and just because you're the most "updated" here on the square, just for your information, LH is 100% dumpable with special construction from C2 to C3. And also, maybe, even with a common 3X.

So now, you're free to go back to your funny little games dude.
In the meantime we will wait for your next polemic and frustrated post.
All the airlines are dumpable because there are different ways to remove YQ. BUT only few ways are golden eggs!

Anyway you forgot the starting point. I replied to @airboss because it is absurd to see people who tell "carrier XX is dumpable", what is the point?
If you want to "share" something you must give basic info and the total price is the first basic info!
So I did a little post and now he can try to understand if it is worhwhile to spend time on this without knowing the first "basic info".

I was polemic against your post because your wrong suggestion to "non expert" is due to your poor knowledge.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 6:02 am

C2-C1e 245,05€ 3x
Old Jun 26, 2015, 6:07 am

All the airlines are dumpable because there are different ways to remove YQ. BUT only few ways are golden eggs!

Anyway you forgot the starting point. I replied to @airboss because it is absurd to see people who tell "carrier XX is dumpable", what is the point?
If you want to "share" something you must give basic info and the total price is the first basic info!
So I did a little post and now he can try to understand if it is worhwhile to spend time on this without knowing the first "basic info".

I was polemic against your post because your wrong suggestion to "non expert" is due to your poor knowledge.
Sorry for talking into your nr.1 speech, but the carrier helps more than the price, which could be different by the tens of euros on each OTA.
And...to be honest...you told him neither the price, nor the construction. "You must give basic info" ;-)
Old Jun 26, 2015, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by brumbrum
but the carrier helps more than the price, which could be different by the tens of euros on each OTA.
really? LH fully dumpable c2-c1 RT. Good luck to figure out the total AI price

Originally Posted by brumbrum
And...to be honest...you told him neither the price, nor the construction. "You must give basic info" ;-)
exactly!
So if you do post without price, you don't want to share info, you just want to catch the attention via PM....
Do you understand what I mean?
Old Jun 26, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by fabsys
C2-C1e 245,05€ 3x
Improve routing in C1 and save a bit of money by taking the 3x out
Old Jun 26, 2015, 6:38 am

really? LH fully dumpable c2-c1 RT. Good luck to figure out the total AI price

exactly!
So if you do post without price, you don't want to share info, you just want to catch the attention via PM....
Do you understand what I mean?
I think you guys are actually on the same page :-D

Not to add fuel to the fire but obviously a lot of airlines are fully dumpable - just not an economical cost / fare construction. For me the interesting part is to take those insights and apply to award tickets on which some airlines insist on passing their yq (and cut fat on award tickets - been discussed in this forum as well ah ah ah).
Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.

No need to reply further to this useless flame. And just for your note, the "trick" you're talking about is well known to the experts since April. At least.
Go back to the business, now:

C2-C4 278€ *A.

Last edited by Paul4Travel; Jun 27, 2015 at 3:25 am
Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: Tim Horton's Gold
Hey guys, it is Friday!!
Another day to go hunting for FD!!!!
Hope everybody will find what they are looking for :-::-:
Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:24 am

C2W-C3 ~€308 no strike

Nov dates. Happy hunting.

Hint: u can use your ITA skills on this one; details and knowing your rules matter

Last edited by Timidocvl; Jun 26, 2015 at 8:32 am
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Timidocvl
Nov dates. Happy hunting.

Hint: u can use your ITA skills on this one; details and knowing your rules matter

Lionel Messi $366
C. Ronaldo $368

No appetizer no dessert no construction no special credit card..... see it is Friday.... happy hunting!!!:-:
Old Jun 26, 2015, 11:11 am

this isn't the point.

Let me give you another example:

star alliance Europe to east Asia fully dumpable.

but I'm good and I will give you an additional hint:
LH

good luck to understand if it is worthwhile or you will just waste your time.
Ha, seems you discovered Pimp's special dish @:-) ?
Old Jun 26, 2015, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Calgary88
Lionel Messi $366
C. Ronaldo $368

No appetizer no dessert no construction no special credit card..... see it is Friday.... happy hunting!!!:-:
Not sure this is the same deal, but Tevez is also possible for similar price
Old Jun 26, 2015, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by maxvor
Not sure this is the same deal, but Tevez is also possible for similar price
OTA - C3 ~still alive @:-)
Old Jun 26, 2015, 6:49 pm

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
For those who have been trying like I have to rid the SilverKris of fat ex C1, a partial diet seems to be possible. Not an amazing deal by any stretch since BF's are so high, but for those who like the service and don't mind paying extra, it's a nice discount!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.