Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] KLM/AF Hel - Sin $727 ow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] KLM/AF Hel - Sin $727 ow

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2023, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by newflyer27
you have to request it yourself online. My ticket was on AF stock (057...), went on my booking, clicked on the refund button, it showed the amount to be refunded, I confirmed and received an email 15 min later with this document attached, refund arrived 48h later.

That's not quite accurate. They will refund the payment, but for some reason these refunds take time. Our payment to them is instant, but a refund can take over a week. Not exactly fair, but there you go ... they have the upper hand.

If the statement day of your credit card is approaching, speak to the cc people and try setting up a charge back: this simply credits your account with the disputed amount. I understand the process dents ever so slightly the airline's relationship with the bank, so there's an element of satisfaction for you in doing this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
Initiating a voluntarily refund online may (or may not) result in a faster refund, but it would be a terrible mistake for anyone who didn't book a fully refundable flex fare and isn't going to get a refund of every last cent of the fare they paid.
indeed, I havent clicked for a partial refund, even though this process was advised in previous posts - will take it up with AMex in a couple of weeks. Meantimes, of course, my Amex DD goes out next week
Old Dec 15, 2023, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by mike435
You have one post few pages back, guy posted photos from inside airplane.
Ya saw that, but it was basically the day after the fare expired; looking for folks who have travelled since
Old Dec 15, 2023, 1:27 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by fransknorge
BUD-HKG for 1400 EUR RT is a LIGHT business fare, non refundable, non flexible, without lounge access, without seat selection.
The HEL-SIN OW fare is FULL FLEX business fare, fully refundable, fully flexible, with lounge access, with seat selection.
Every poster on this forum knows the difference.
Everybody who buys a plane ticket on a semi regular basis knows the difference. No need to have deep knowledge, it is spelled out explicitly and it is common knowledge fully flexible plane tickets cost way more than non flexible one.
It is obvious, do not try to fool yourself.
There was no need to proactively choose the flex fare. All you had to do was click the price and you were issued this fare.

​​​​​If you read my past posts, you will see that I'm not fooling myself and I've explicitly said it's an error fare when others claimed otherwise. But it's not a ridiculously low fare that would be an obvious error to someone who doesn't dig into the fare conditions and just books the cheapest thing the website throws at them.
​​​​
Old Dec 15, 2023, 1:43 pm

amazing they are changing the ticket type from flex to non-refundable on the website for the canceled bookings. good thing i took pictures since now it says only eligible for tax refund. what lowlife.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 2:07 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
That's not quite accurate. They will refund the payment, but for some reason these refunds take time. Our payment to them is instant, but a refund can take over a week. Not exactly fair, but there you go ... they have the upper hand.

If the statement day of your credit card is approaching, speak to the cc people and try setting up a charge back: this simply credits your account with the disputed amount. I understand the process dents ever so slightly the airline's relationship with the bank, so there's an element of satisfaction for you in doing this.
As i have written, i already received the refund on my amex on December 11th.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by the810
There was no need to proactively choose the flex fare. All you had to do was click the price and you were issued this fare.

​​​​​If you read my past posts, you will see that I'm not fooling myself and I've explicitly said it's an error fare when others claimed otherwise. But it's not a ridiculously low fare that would be an obvious error to someone who doesn't dig into the fare conditions and just books the cheapest thing the website throws at them.
​​​​
I am looking at a one way QR itinerary right now which has business cheaper than economy for good 30%. So much about error fares and them being obvious.
the810 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 6:52 pm

I am looking at a one way QR itinerary right now which has business cheaper than economy for good 30%. So much about error fares and them being obvious.
quite often, premium economy can be cheaper than economy that doesnt mean its an error fare
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 12:15 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Most likely the economy is in a flexible bucket fare while business is not. Very common case, nothing to question about and that does not make this fare any less obvious. No need to try to pretend to be dumb on a frequent flyer forum.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 4:11 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
lVery common case, nothing to question about and that does not make this fare any less obvious.
This fare was such an obvious error that not even KL's customer service agents recognised it as an error... Okay.
​​​​​​
Deckter and awaywego1 like this.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 4:47 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Because subcontractor in India are always reliable, of course They provide a pinnacle of customer service without any error whatsoever, this forum has no story at all about such center provided wrong or false information or making a situation worse.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 5:19 am

Because subcontractor in India are always reliable, of course They provide a pinnacle of customer service without any error whatsoever, this forum has no story at all about such center provided wrong or false information or making a situation worse.
Mate, I honestly don't understand why you keep arguing with everyone. Is there anything to be gained from your point about it being 'obvious'? Not much, clearly.

I get that mummy and daddy have spoilt you and that you're used to getting your way, but that doesn't mean you need to win every argument - especially when neither side (here, at least) has anything to gain from it. It's more a 'almost certainly lose' and 'certainly lose' situation and no one has their hopes up but you keep steering the ship into the wrong direction.
SPN Lifer, the810, 336 and 6 others like this.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Most likely the economy is in a flexible bucket fare while business is not. Very common case, nothing to question about and that does not make this fare any less obvious. No need to try to pretend to be dumb on a frequent flyer forum.
I'm not at all sure why you are banging on about this. What's obvious to you isn't necessarily obvious to others, particularly to those outside our cynical FT circle.

You've made your point succinctly, and a number of times. Not everyone agrees with you: that's life. There comes a time when the hole is dug, and you can stop digging.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 8:34 am

Programs: BA gold, AF Platinum, IHG/hilton diamond/bonvoy titanium
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I'm not at all sure why you are banging on about this. What's obvious to you isn't necessarily obvious to others, particularly to those outside our cynical FT circle.

You've made your point succinctly, and a number of times. Not everyone agrees with you: that's life. There comes a time when the hole is dug, and you can stop digging.
His posts are just hilarious... but anyway at least if they were factual/useful but so opinionated never mind free world I guess.
awaywego1 likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I requested a refund online this past Thursday and it credited to my account today. I dont think its fair that they unilaterally cancelled these fares since it is not unusual for airlines to offer similar sale fares. Nonetheless I cant fault the speed of their refund.
the810 and ALEXY267 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.