Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] KLM/AF Hel - Sin $727 ow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] KLM/AF Hel - Sin $727 ow

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2023, 2:40 am

In a slightly interesting turn of events, a quick WhatsApp message to KLM has led to my ticket being re-issued; this took 24 hours, and some simple questions about what had happened, the agent informed me they'd checked with the "relevant department" and would "re-issue if possible".

The ticket number remains the same, as do the fare classes. Unsure whether this means a genuine re-issue, or it'll just fall again in a few days
the810 and cmoltisanti like this.

Last edited by red1339; Dec 12, 2023 at 2:49 am
Old Dec 12, 2023, 3:44 am

Im Platinum member, contacted through whatsapp and mines are also reinstated. this was their message: I regret to hear about the unexpected changes in your flight plan due to technical reasons. In this case, I have selected the same flights for both bookings. after that I confirmed the same flights.
the810 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 4:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
What did you guys tell them? "my booking is showing as cancelled and I don't know why?" or something else?
red1339 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 4:25 am

Programs: OneWorld
Originally Posted by cmoltisanti
Im Platinum member, contacted through whatsapp and mines are also reinstated. this was their message: I regret to hear about the unexpected changes in your flight plan due to technical reasons. In this case, I have selected the same flights for both bookings. after that I confirmed the same flights.
Im a nobody. And my ticket is back as well!
Being a Karen and ask for explanation hurts nobody. I dont see why not. I dont understand why some members keep telling people to back off.
Verboten and the810 like this.

Last edited by KualaLumpur; Dec 12, 2023 at 4:32 am
Old Dec 12, 2023, 4:33 am

I assume it has to do with the terms and conditions from KLM as mentioned by someone else earlier in this thread. Ive contacted AF for my booking with them and they are not able to reinstate.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 4:36 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by RY7
Don't you also have to pay the credit card bill if they honor the fare?
Yes, but you don't have to pay for a new ticket you need to purchase instead of the cancelled one.

Mine is on AF flight numbers (AF marketed, KL operated) but on KL stock (074). Out of curiosity, this would be subjec to KL's conditions, right? Not relevant for me anyway since I ended up finding better deals on *A so I would cancel the ticket anyway.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by wmaciej
What did you guys tell them? "my booking is showing as cancelled and I don't know why?" or something else?
Exactly that; I sent these messages yesterday, took some time but simple enough!

Screenshot from my conversation
Old Dec 12, 2023, 5:25 am

I booked on AF o/way OSL-SIN for April and they cancelled yesterday, after taking the money from Amex. Getting absolutely nowhere on WhatsApp with AF (Im only elite plus).

They just quoted me 8,000 to rebook!

Giving up now and I guess best current option is 980 on LH/SQ metal. I need to the flight as we have a cruise out of SIN to Athens.

shame.it seems KLM are taking a very different view
the810 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by the810
Yes, but you don't have to pay for a new ticket you need to purchase instead of the cancelled one.

Mine is on AF flight numbers (AF marketed, KL operated) but on KL stock (074). Out of curiosity, this would be subjec to KL's conditions, right? Not relevant for me anyway since I ended up finding better deals on *A so I would cancel the ticket anyway.
Same scenario here
Old Dec 12, 2023, 11:53 am

I also contacted KLM and got the ticket reinstated.
red1339 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA gold, AF Platinum, IHG/hilton diamond/bonvoy titanium
Could those please who contacted KLM detail a bit more about:
1) how they contacted
2) what they said exactly to KLM
3) what options were given or was it a simple oh sorry we put the ticket back again

Thanks so much you all! And am happy for those who got tickets back. Well done!
Deltahater and awaywego1 like this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 3:42 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, HH Diamond, FB Gold
Originally Posted by ALEXY267
Could those please who contacted KLM detail a bit more about:
1) how they contacted
2) what they said exactly to KLM
3) what options were given or was it a simple oh sorry we put the ticket back again

Thanks so much you all! And am happy for those who got tickets back. Well done!
I had a flight for OSL - AMS - SIN - KUL. Contacted KL as well, tickets got reinstated.
- Called KLM (Dutch service center)
- Said that my ticket was somehow cancelled and that no reason was given (of course I received the cancellation email due to an error price)
- Agent said that she would discuss it with her colleague and will put me on hold. After being on hold for around 8 minutes, she came back mentioning that the ticket is active again.

Call was very short in the end, no options were given at all and it was all resolved very fast.

But!! Everything looked good for the first hour, but it now only shows an AMS - SIN leg! Other flights are not there anymore in the booking + the tickets became "non refundable" instead of full flex as before.

So very strange, I'm going to wait this out for now.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 3:55 pm

My experience - UK based; OSL > AMS > KUL

1) how they contacted: WhatsApp to KLM contact (assume this is Netherlands based as it's a +31 number)
2) what they said exactly to KLM: told them that "I'm unsure why my ticket was cancelled" (I am, given the short nature of the email); I also requested (per above screenshot) to confirm that the ticket would still be in business class if re-issued
3) what options were given or was it a simple’ oh sorry we put the ticket back again’: no options were given, I received a message the next day simply stating that the documents had been sent to me - the documents here being re-issued confirmation of my booking.

My booking appears exactly as I purchased, the only thing that changed was my pre-selected seats for both legs were removed, I simply re-selected these in "My Trips" on KLM's website.

I too, am going to wait this out. I have two flight options (one KLM, one CX) for this particular trip, the cost difference between the two is relatively manageable (when allowing for positioning flights + time off work + hotels) so I'll be making a call on which option excites me more two weeks out.

Ultimately it's a trade off between a KLM house and many hours in the T3 Cathay lounge...
atflyer likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Tofino87
Same scenario here
sorry to ask this as I am new to FT. I am in the same KL boat and my booking is still alive.

youre quoting you got good rates on *A - what do you mean by this?

thanks for this thread everyone!
mike
Old Dec 12, 2023, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by MikeDorn
sorry to ask this as I am new to FT. I am in the same KL boat and my booking is still alive.

youre quoting you got good rates on *A - what do you mean by this?

thanks for this thread everyone!
mike
Star Alliance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.