Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] KLM/AF Hel - Sin $727 ow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] KLM/AF Hel - Sin $727 ow

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2023, 9:45 pm

Programs: OneWorld
Originally Posted by SQueeze
I still have not received cancellation email. not even in spam folder.

For those who has their tickets reinstated, do you have new e-ticket numbers or still old one?
Is the same
Old Dec 14, 2023, 9:53 pm

Programs: OneWorld
Originally Posted by walduk70
i just chat on line with an agent and asked them for confirmation email, they send me one , but there is note: *********ATTN FLIGHTS CANCELLED BY AFKL REVENUE MANAGEMENT DUE TO
FARE FILLING ERROR
PLS DO NOT REINSTATE
PROACTIVE REFUND WILL BE PROCESSED ON DIRECT SALES
PNR************
CONFIRMED

asked them for explanation and they said: Yes, as per checking to this reservation it is already confirmed,

im so confused now, need to arrange return as soon as possible but not sure what to do now
I recall some members here was told by the CS their tickets was marked. I assumed that would be this paragraph....
Old Dec 15, 2023, 12:02 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by heliot2009
Firstly, not all passengers need to know the details of the fares, secondly, the fact that the fare is flexible or other does not automatically mean that the price is an obvious error, and finally, in the event of a court dispute regarding the contract of carriage, the airline must prove that the specific passenger was aware or could easily find out that it's a mistake when making a booking. With a one-way price at that level, it won't be easy for the KL/AF at all.
You are wrong on everything. It is the passengers need to know whether they buy flex or not. This is why the options are explicit when chosing your fare between a light and flexible and before paying you have an explicit list of conditions clearly written in simple english.
The fact this is flexible means it is a mistake, flexible ticket are routinely way more expensive than non flexible.
Here, you see, the argument that the passenger can not know would be hard to sustain when you are presented with this at the booking, note how the Flex is 100 000 HUF more expensive than Light

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I have friends and colleagues who book the cheapest flights they can find without a second thought. They then get hammered with baggage fees etc

I reckon that's the way a large part, if not the majority, of online booking takes place. The well adjusted mistake-radar you deploy is likely the exception rather than the rule.

KLM will have cancelled the tickets of the hapless, as well as those of FT regulars who might well have suspected something fishy.

My view is that there should be some equity between the handling of mistakes made by consumers and those made by airlines. Last year one of the colleagues mentioned above selected the correct date in the wrong month for travel: it's easy to do when drop down calendars default to the current month. The airline wanted an extraordinary amount of money to change the dates, refusing to allow a penalty-free cancellation and re-book.

Further, a financial cost to negligence is the way airlines will learn to be more careful in filing fares. If they can simply blow off consumers who buy those fares by cancelling tickets, effectively rescinding a contract of carriage, they have little incentive to exercise care in marketing their product.
Please do not think people are idiots. Of course people buy cheap but they know what they buy.
The equity of handling mistakes is a different topic and I agree with you. It does not absolve people to play dumb.

Originally Posted by tracon
You're quoting two different markets. "Everybody who buys a plane ticket on a semi regular basis knows....." that different markets have different fares.
Selling a fare, refundable or not, for half the price of commonly found return fares is not an error as far as the customer is concerned.
AF/KL has routes for sale at a lower cpm than this fare. A mistake?
Plenty of times J is sold cheaper than Y. Is that a mistake? Should I phone the airline every time I see that?
If A-B-A is cheaper than B-A-B, probably a mistake too?
At the grocery store, I see organic for less cost than non organic. Is that a mistake, or the market bearing what the market will bear?
Not my job to figure that out. I will purchase a product if I feel it's useful to me and I like the price.
If the merchant makes a mistake, they can do better next time.
Again you are wrong. The flexibility is what makes it an obvious error. Flexible is always more expensive than non flexible. Revenue management that lead to business being cheaper than economy is because typically, in those scenarios, business is non flexible and economy is ... flexible.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 12:20 am

But, even when flexible, due to the low rate you need to pay high fare difference, so not really flexible. Except cancellation possibility.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 2:40 am

My booking was cancelled and I requested a refund on Monday. Have not heard anything back yet and the status is still "Request Received"

Anyone received their money back yet?
Old Dec 15, 2023, 3:01 am

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Richey66
No refund yet here fyi, although they sent the cancellation information right in the morning. Typical KLM...probably will do it in January after holidays for free loan.
Filed a complaint with Finnish Consumer Agency, no answer from there yet.
you have to request it yourself online. My ticket was on AF stock (057...), went on my booking, clicked on the refund button, it showed the amount to be refunded, I confirmed and received an email 15 min later with this document attached, refund arrived 48h later.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 3:08 am

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by daruda
But, even when flexible, due to the low rate you need to pay high fare difference, so not really flexible. Except cancellation possibility.
Well, when you book a very low fare like this, you know you re not going to modify it otherwise you ll have to pay a big price difference. Being able to cancel for free is however a huge perk it can't get more flexible than this on such a low fare...
Old Dec 15, 2023, 4:02 am

My AF ticket shows as cancelled by AF - but still no refund.

When I go into request refund, the amount payable is only 10% of my fare, as per normal rules. Should I make this request or just hope that they do eventually process a full refund?!

Last edited by Kiwibrit62; Dec 15, 2023 at 4:48 am
Old Dec 15, 2023, 4:22 am

Was there a fee and did you pay it? There was a non-refundable fee. Probably a paypal fee.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 5:50 am

Did anyone of those who's ticket was due for departure within 14 days manage to fly in the last couple of days?
Would appreciate an update if everything worked out smoothly.
criced likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 6:03 am

You have one post few pages back, guy posted photos from inside airplane.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; BA Gold; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Kiwibrit62

When I go into request refund, the amount payable is only 10% of my fare, as per normal rules. Should I make this request or just hope that they do eventually process a full refund?!

No, you should not request a refund which is going to only return 54.70 to you when AF owes you a full refund of 456.90 since it refused to honor the fare and cancelled your ticket.

Why would you click on a button in which you agree to let AF keep 403.20 of your money?
Old Dec 15, 2023, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
No, you should not request a refund which is going to only return 54.70 to you when AF owes you a full refund of 456.90 since it refused to honor the fare and cancelled your ticket.

Why would you click on a button in which you agree to let AF keep 403.20 of your money?
I presume it's because someone suggested a few pages back that you need to click on that request button to get the refund processed.
Kiwibrit62 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; BA Gold; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by awaywego1
I presume it's because someone suggested a few pages back that you need to click on that request button to get the refund processed.
Initiating a voluntarily refund online may (or may not) result in a faster refund, but it would be a terrible mistake for anyone who didn't book a fully refundable flex fare and isn't going to get a refund of every last cent of the fare they paid.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kiwibrit62

If not back in 2 weeks, file a CC dispute for the full amount. Don't bother with this refund - it'll just cause more work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.