Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] KLM/AF Hel - Sin $727 ow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] KLM/AF Hel - Sin $727 ow

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2023, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
I requested a refund online this past Thursday and it credited to my account today. I dont think its fair that they unilaterally cancelled these fares since it is not unusual for airlines to offer similar sale fares. Nonetheless I cant fault the speed of their refund.
I've requested mine 6 days ago and I have not heard anything yet. Did you pay in EUR or another currency?
Old Dec 16, 2023, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by KaiW90
I've requested mine 6 days ago and I have not heard anything yet. Did you pay in EUR or another currency?
Requested refund 3 days ago and nothing. Paid in USD. Weirdly enough, the cancellation status page has been showing a refundable amount "To be determined" this entire time
Old Dec 16, 2023, 5:50 pm

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
I didn't touch anything, nor reinstate anything.
yesterday, my ticket fare rules have been changed to non-refundable just like those reinstated bookings.
Today, the ticket is gone and can't be retrieved anymore.
And a big refund page appear instead. I believe now my refund is processed on their initiative.

For those who have their bookings reinstated, please check their tickets too. Because if the ticket numbers are the same, and the tickets have disappeared or been suspended, or removed, the booking code will not allow you to check in without a valid ticket.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 6:02 pm

Programs: IHG Amb,Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by SQueeze
I didn't touch anything, nor reinstate anything.
yesterday, my ticket fare rules have been changed to non-refundable just like those reinstated bookings.
Today, the ticket is gone and can't be retrieved anymore.
And a big refund page appear instead. I believe now my refund is processed on their initiative.

For those who have their bookings reinstated, please check their tickets too. Because if the ticket numbers are the same, and the tickets have disappeared or been suspended, or removed, the booking code will not allow you to check in without a valid ticket.
my tickets are also non refund but still active on apps KL and DL , still can choose seats
Old Dec 17, 2023, 2:03 am

I also take notice of the fact that my tickets are still active, but without communication KLM changed them to non flex/non refundable.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KaiW90
I paid in USD
Old Dec 17, 2023, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Exec Plat, FB Platinum
My ticket is not cancelled and still shows active. But apparently there is a note on it by the revenue department saying it has been cancelled and the refund has been issued. I never got the refund. The ticket seems to be active because I am able to change seats etc. Should I assume it won't be honored ? The flight is scheduled on the 31st.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 11:12 am

Programs: BA gold, AF Platinum, IHG/hilton diamond/bonvoy titanium
Originally Posted by perfusionist1982
My ticket is not cancelled and still shows active. But apparently there is a note on it by the revenue department saying it has been cancelled and the refund has been issued. I never got the refund. The ticket seems to be active because I am able to change seats etc. Should I assume it won't be honored ? The flight is scheduled on the 31st.
This will be an interesting one for sure! Perhaps a few more details might help our understanding:
1) How do you know there is a note on it? Did they tell you on phone?
2) Was this one of the ticket that was reinstated/rebooked manually?
3)Refunds are pretty quick. You get an email with a pdf and money is back around 3 days after...but in your case your timeline might be tighter so unsure how this would work for you.

There is nothing we can assume based on the circus that has been going on so tbh you might even be ok given dec 31st is in 2 weeks!
Old Dec 17, 2023, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by ALEXY267
This will be an interesting one for sure! Perhaps a few more details might help our understanding:
1) How do you know there is a note on it? Did they tell you on phone?
2) Was this one of the ticket that was reinstated/rebooked manually?
3)Refunds are pretty quick. You get an email with a pdf and money is back around 3 days after...but in your case your timeline might be tighter so unsure how this would work for you.

There is nothing we can assume based on the circus that has been going on so tbh you might even be ok given dec 31st is in 2 weeks!
It was cancelled originally (the next day) like everyone else. But when I called and spoke to an agent in the US, they rebooked (reinstated) it. The flight involves a leg in Etihad (AUH - BKK). The Etihad booking showed that leg was cancelled so I contacted CS to find out why it says it was cancelled. That's when they said there was a note by revenue department. But after I spoke to them, the Etihad leg now shows as active and I am able to switch seats too...
Old Dec 17, 2023, 11:37 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Sent an email to KLM today, more or less asking the following clarifying questions:

I would like to understand the reason behind the unilateral (and involuntary) cancellation of my ticket. Could you please respond to the following questions.
  1. In your email you mentioned the reason for cancellation is an "incident." Could you please inform me which incident are we referring to? Was this event related to human or technical error? Why does not KLM have any safeguards to avoid such incidents?
  2. Could you please point me to the KLM ticket conditions, highlighting the clause that allows KLM to unilaterally cancel this ticket. Which clause/article does this refer too?
  3. Does a customer has a right to cancel their booked tickets free of cost, if they make a mistake, and receive full refund? Can a customer claim "a technical incident" as an excuse?
Lets see how they respond. I have plenty of time. My ticket is in 2024 Autumn.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 12:00 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Does it have a ticket number ?
Old Dec 17, 2023, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA gold, AF Platinum, IHG/hilton diamond/bonvoy titanium
It was cancelled originally (the next day) like everyone else. But when I called and spoke to an agent in the US, they rebooked (reinstated) it. The flight involves a leg in Etihad (AUH - BKK). The Etihad booking showed that leg was cancelled so I contacted CS to find out why it says it was cancelled. That's when they said there was a note by revenue department. But after I spoke to them, the Etihad leg now shows as active and I am able to switch seats too...
Does this saga get any more interesting? Honestly sounds like a reinstated ticket potentially cancelled to then be potentially active againIn your case given the timeline and its Dec 31, you might be one of those who got tickets reinstated whose booking comes firstnot sure anyone here is flying before you

Myself, I had around 5 different responses when I communicated with them last week. Each response yielded a different outcome depending on how/when/who i talked to so anything is possible at this stage. Advice would be to wait and see but in your case I can understand why this isnt the best thing to do given Dec 31 is near.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Does it have a ticket number ?
yea it does. Is there a way to see if its active with the ticket number ?
Old Dec 17, 2023, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by ALEXY267
Does this saga get any more interesting? Honestly sounds like a reinstated ticket potentially cancelled to then be potentially active againIn your case given the timeline and its Dec 31, you might be one of those who got tickets reinstated whose booking comes firstnot sure anyone here is flying before you

Myself, I had around 5 different responses when I communicated with them last week. Each response yielded a different outcome depending on how/when/who i talked to so anything is possible at this stage. Advice would be to wait and see but in your case I can understand why this isnt the best thing to do given Dec 31 is near.
yea I am taking a positioning flight to OSL booked with points. So this isnt going to be honored, Ill rather cancel that
Old Dec 17, 2023, 12:41 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
yea it does. Is there a way to see if its active with the ticket number ?
Use something to see the ticket itself. Saudia MMB uses to be able to display any Amadeus ticket providing the ticket number, but it does not work for me anymore. Not sure which MMB would work now. CheckMyTrip from Amadeus itself might do the trick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.