Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] KLM/AF Hel - Sin $727 ow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] KLM/AF Hel - Sin $727 ow

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2024, 9:08 pm

Or fly until ICN 😉 also not a bad deal.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 9:21 pm

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Originally Posted by SAN_Finn
Anyone have any tricks to get Expedia to push KLM on not refunding? I cannot get KLM to talk to me since this one is with Expedia and expedia just refuses to do anything and says KLM cancelled and I will get money back who knows when. I don't really care about the delay in refund (though I can see at times it would be not fun) but I would really like to keep these particular tickets.

the tickets directly from KLM have all been refunded already.
I don't want to discourage you but boy you are in for some pain if you don't just initiate a chargeback.
Last time I had this situation Expedia + KLM it took 5 months and a lot of yelling to finally get refunded.
criced likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 1:10 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by cmoltisanti
Sure. But then poster misses the 15 XP for ICN-Taiwan and a bunch of miles of course.
cmoltisanti and Rim1 like this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 6:41 am

they didnt move my ICN - TPE flight respectively and it becomes the first sector of the itinerary... am wondering if it will be classified as "no show" if i am not starting at ICN now. CS has been unhelpful and unwilling to make any changes
Old Jan 10, 2024, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by iamikk
they didnt move my ICN - TPE flight respectively and it becomes the first sector of the itinerary... am wondering if it will be classified as "no show" if i am not starting at ICN now. CS has been unhelpful and unwilling to make any changes
CS through email/chat? Have you tried calling?
Old Jan 10, 2024, 8:44 am

Programs: QR Platinum, HH Diamond, FB Gold
I would be super careful with getting in touch with KL/AF regarding your booking, I had an active ticket (reinstated like many of us by KLM), however when I called in for seat selection a couple of days ago, they noticed some comments on the booking and actually cancelled the whole thing on the spot without my permission. I was speechless after that, "No sir, there is nothing we can do". Likeee... a couple of seconds before the booking was still active and you cancelled it. I'm kinda starting to hate KLM by now.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 9:05 am

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by TKFrequentFlyer
I would be super careful with getting in touch with KL/AF regarding your booking, I had an active ticket (reinstated like many of us by KLM), however when I called in for seat selection a couple of days ago, they noticed some comments on the booking and actually cancelled the whole thing on the spot without my permission. I was speechless after that, "No sir, there is nothing we can do". Likeee... a couple of seconds before the booking was still active and you cancelled it. I'm kinda starting to hate KLM by now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What you can do is, submit your case tohttps://www.consuwijzer.nl/doe-uw-me...cm-consuwijzer

I encourage everyone to do so, emotional speculation and discussion will not help solve the actual problem,
but reporting this situation to an agency with enforcement measures can!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based on the content shared by those who have already successfully travelled, I have gathered prima facie evidence of KLM's partial fulfilment of the contract, and that they are treating passengers differently on their flight contracts, in violation of the EU's Fair Treatment Directive 2005/29/EC.

For those who have already travelled, please continue to share your success stories, it will be a great help to other members!

Last edited by BinbinChen; Jan 18, 2024 at 5:38 am
Old Jan 10, 2024, 9:48 am

Thanks submitting my case right now!
Old Jan 10, 2024, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by TKFrequentFlyer
agree. my brother who booked the same route and same date with me had attempted to change the travel date on his booking. He moved his OSL - CDG - ICN flight but his ICN - TPE has disappeared. Contact the CS again and they claimed that his ICN - TPE has been manually cancelled and will receive a refund (didnt specify whole booking or ICN - TPE sector).
Old Jan 11, 2024, 12:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by ALEXY267
cheers for the report. Curious did you get your ticket reinstated too? I mean around Dec 13th.
I got my ticket re-instated through Expedia since when I contacted KLM through FB, WhatsApp, they wanted nothing to do with me, "You booked through an agency, please reach out to them". It took two tries to get my rebooking with Expedia since the first time, I couldn't find any flights availabilities at all, through Google flights from various airports, it seems like KLM/AF blocked out the inventories.

Then a week later, so I guess the Christmas week is when I was able to find availabilities and also was able to get my flights rebooked onto the same exact flights/fare buckets. I was able to pick out seats and everything just fine. In the confirmation email, it does have the line that stated something along the line of, "Nov 30 --- Filing error confirmed". Flight made a stop in SIN for refueling then continue to DPS. I just got off in SIN and flew to BKK instead lol.

Overall, very nice flights with no hiccups at all whatsoever. The AMS-SIN-DPS flight was delayed for 30 minutes and boarding was a zoo. Beside that, good.
Verboten, Rim1 and ALEXY267 like this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by GS1000
Seems to have wide availability.

also seems to work from OSL.

GF: Sample
Old Jan 11, 2024, 5:20 am

Is there somehow a way to check yourself whether your ticket has the comment regarding incorrect pricing?
Old Jan 11, 2024, 6:35 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by daruda
Is there somehow a way to check yourself whether your ticket has the comment regarding incorrect pricing?
I'm also curious about this. I've purposely avoided calling or contacting KL/AF, though I'm beginning to worry whether I'm just burying my head in the sand and setting up myself for terrible disappointment and frustration down the road. At the moment, my ticket still shows as confirmed and I'm able to select seats. What are the other ways that one can be proactively sure about the status of the ticket WITHOUT contacting KL/AF?
Old Jan 11, 2024, 6:46 am

don't contact just go for it - plenty of others already flew this fare, nothing to worry about.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 6:49 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
don't contact just go for it - plenty of others already flew this fare, nothing to worry about.
That was my initial thought. But because I have to buy positioning flights--both to Europe and then from my final destination--I don't want to get caught in a situation where I'm left with significant out-of-pocket costs for non-refundable tickets and accommodations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.