Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Not what most on here will want to hear, but have my CMN-MAD-LHR-MIA flight coming up in a few weeks and no longer that interested in travelling. Any ideas how best to protect the money I paid without travelling? I thought an AA voucher would work, but the AA agent today said I could only use such a voucher for travel that originated in Morocco which is a bit useless to me! Anybody got some suggestions on how I can protect the fare I paid to use again with AA? (or do I HUACA with a different agent)

Pilot37
wasnt this fully refundable fare to begin with?
Old Mar 4, 2022, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by keitherson
CANCELLATIONS
ANY TIME
CHARGE USD 250.00/CAD 250.00 FOR CANCEL/REFUND.

refundable
here, so maybe not fully, sorry
Old Mar 4, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
One-way in F was.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 3:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by fridgy
you better reroute via ORD or DFW.
After a ridiculous amount of time on the phone, I simply moved to the later MIA-LHR departure on BA. It's not ideal as it's a mid-morning arrival rather than first thing but it could be worse. Maybe there'll be another aircraft change.

Originally Posted by skunker
One-way in F was.
The return F fare was also fully refundable.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by danger
After a ridiculous amount of time on the phone, I simply moved to the later MIA-LHR departure on BA. It's not ideal as it's a mid-morning arrival rather than first thing but it could be worse. Maybe there'll be another aircraft change.

The return F fare was also fully refundable.

Frustratingly I grabbed the A class fare when booking it originally. Anybody manage to grab the fare rules for that or know where I could still grab them?

Pilot37
Old Mar 4, 2022, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
It was available as both F (fully refundable) and A (non-refundable absent a significant schedule change or cancellation).
Old Mar 6, 2022, 1:32 am

Just logged in with my PNR on AA to see my itinerary. Half of the flights changed (LHR-JFK-MIA became LHR-MIA, for example) and AA never sent me notifications. Now AA doesn't let me change my itin back to the route I booked. Even though they booked me on a different flight and route as booked. Anyone a suggestion how to change the segments back?

Solution: it took 3 agents to get approval to reinstall my ticket. If this is AA service to passengers in First, what to expect in economy?!

Last edited by Travel-Quinten; Mar 6, 2022 at 6:33 am
Old Mar 7, 2022, 12:34 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite Plus, SQ Gold, BA Gold, VS Gold, Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fridgy
what about changing the name on a ticket and sell it? (to me)
https://saleslink.aa.com/en-us/blog/...licy-2022.html it might work
Doesn´t work. Only if it´s fully AA-operated flights. As soon as you have IB or BA in it it doesn´t work.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
Just logged in with my PNR on AA to see my itinerary. Half of the flights changed (LHR-JFK-MIA became LHR-MIA, for example) and AA never sent me notifications. Now AA doesn't let me change my itin back to the route I booked. Even though they booked me on a different flight and route as booked. Anyone a suggestion how to change the segments back?

Solution: it took 3 agents to get approval to reinstall my ticket. If this is AA service to passengers in First, what to expect in economy?!
What month?
Old Mar 8, 2022, 1:58 am

What month?
departure end of April
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
departure end of April
Ok thanks. Mine is late July, so I am always curious...
Old Mar 8, 2022, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
In my experience, AA almost never sends notifications of schedule changes, Whenever I book a trip (with any airline, but especially AA) I create Flight Schedule alerts and Aircraft alerts in Expert Flyer. That way I get notified right away if the schedules change or the type of aircraft or seat configuration changes. In my experience, AA is better at fixing these things when caught early.
Travel-Quinten likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 6:47 am

ok a tiny trip report here, now that all miles are credited as shown.

I had CMN-MAD-LHR-ORD-MIA-LHR-MAD-CMN, threw away the last leg. LHR-ORD is BA F. If you have the patience, you can wait for my full video report in a few months in youtube channel on my signature.
getting to CMN is easy. just a bit pricey, so I used BA miles to fly IB to CMN, 4.5k miles. One can easily get from RBA to CMN by public transport, and I will detail it below.
landing at CMN is a hassle. The immigration is organized mess. The guy looked at me and decided he did not want to deal with it, so waved me back to the end of the queue, wasting 30 minutes. Everyone goes through custom xray machines, wasting another 20 minutes. Once that is over, you have to exit the terminal into a medical tent to do a PCR nasal test for free, the charming doctor was nice but it is just ao much hassle, another 10 minutes. Your hand will be stamped with a large TEST, with that you are released into outside world. But if you want to take the train you have to RE-ENTER terminal and then it takes another security check, and they will ask for your airline reservation, explanation plus queue, another 15 minutes. Finally train station is in lower floor middle between t1 and t2.
CMN to downtown has direct trains, they run back to back, leaving at :45 every hour both directions. It costs a few dollars and is generally efficient, has AC. The railway company takes cc. From Casa Port station one can walk a huge selection of hotels. I stayed in the cheapest possible accommodation for 11 dollars, would not recommend, no hot water and got sick.
I had 3 days in CMN, it is a huge town but mostly boring. There is a few plazas and the old medina, worth about half day of exploring on foot. Of course do not miss the impressive mosqe by the sea and the promenade full of locals coming alive around dusk. Then I continued to Rabat, hourly train from Casa Port and it costs a few dollars and one hour, and you are dropped straight into center of Rabat, and 20 minutes walk to old town, where I could stay in decent hotels for sub-50 dollars. Rabat is more fun, as the sea is walkable, old town is very vibrant, and typical north african charm, and the kasbah is gorgeously blue and white, famous around the world for a reason.
you can easily catch the airport train after arriving back from Rabat, I say you can try that if you want to minimize the time spent in CMN.
Departing CMN is a pain as well, make sure you are at the FIRST CARRIAGE of the train, or the security and ID and reservation check will kill 1hr for you. Then check in for IB is not marked, but upper floor T1 next to Qatar.
CMN AT lounge: strange. well decorated and appointed, but nothing works as intended, it is hidden in the bottom floor corner, so ask around, it is hard to find. You get to see the food selection, salad, sandwich, tarts, but you have to tell someone to get it for you. Mediocre at best.
BA first lounge and concorde room is just per usual, I bet everyone has read reviews of them.
AA First flagship dining is truly amazing in MIA, highly recommend anyone flying go early to experience them, someone tipped $50 and they left it on that table as a sign that we should tip I think. I did not, of course, because that would be a 8% increase on my fare!

Morocco requires proper 2 shots vaccination and PCR within 48 hours, and other than that it is all easy. US is just a test kit solved, and everywhere else is okay. Spain has the SpTh form that you have to fill in, other than that it is all 2019 level flying. Miles posted to my AS account in about 20 days. The earning is based on MVP75K, so if you are new member it will be less. Enjoy!

Last edited by beyounged; Mar 9, 2022 at 9:10 am
Old Mar 10, 2022, 6:24 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite Plus, SQ Gold, BA Gold, VS Gold, Globalist, HH Diamond
Some of very few good news to AA: I could move my inbound to a later date (no rerouting) paying a fare difference of roughly 14 USD using historical fares. Had to match original fare buckets of course.
nawlins, brewdog11 and fridgy like this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by andigoeskiwi
Some of very few good news to AA: I could move my inbound to a later date (no rerouting) paying a fare difference of roughly 14 USD using historical fares. Had to match original fare buckets of course.
That sounds promising! That was after you flew one or several legs of your outbound? And did you do it yourself online, through an airport ticket desk or by calling in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.