Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Set up to fly CMN-MAD-LHR-MIA in a few weeks, and dealing with Priceline has become a living nightmare. The IB CMN-MAD flight was cancelled and, despite there being another CMN-MAD departure 10 minutes later than the original with tons of availability, for some reason I cannot be reaccomodated on that flight due to "no availability." Curiously, Priceline is quick to offer me a CMN-MAD-MIA itinerary in J with a confirmed seat on the very same CMN-MAD segment that is somehow "unavailable" when applied to my original CMN-MAD-LHR-MIA itinerary. It's even more interesting that this bypasses my F LHR-MIA segment on AA.

I have spent HOURS on the phone with Priceline. First, there was nothing they could do but book me CMN-MAD-MIA on Iberia in J. Then, an agent enthusiastically told me that I could forego the CMN-MAD leg althogether and start the trip in MAD. I spent almost an hour on the phone as this agent worked with her supervisor and, at the conclusion of the call, told me "you're confirmed - the change is made. Just wait for a new email, it could take a few days." Of course, after not hearing anything for a few days, I called Priceline today and there was NO record of any changes or notes on my ticket. We started from scratch with the agent trying to secure a new CMN-MAD flight that is "unavailable" despite tons of availability and eventually moved on to trying to forego the first segment. Of course, the first call with Priceline dropped after over an hour with no callback. The second call dropped after 40-something minutes with both callbacks leading to a silent phone line on the other end.

I'm beyond frustrated at this point with Priceline. I am getting to the point where I just want to figure out the option that's most cost-inconvenient to Priceline and fight for it. Has anyone had any luck with this so far?
Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:23 pm

Programs: SE+, OWS
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Set up to fly CMN-MAD-LHR-MIA in a few weeks, and dealing with n
im sorry for being the one to tell you this.. but you should have just call AA and they would get it sorted within seconds for you. Everyone else did in the thread all good. AA doesnt care that you booked through priceline.
brewdog11 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by nawlins
After the CMN-MAD FLIGHT was dropped for my flight in March I called AA the agent provided a new ticket number starting in MAD. No pushback at all. How much success has there been changing the return dates on this fare?
Did you book through AA or Priceline?
Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by fridgy
im sorry for being the one to tell you this.. but you should have just call AA and they would get it sorted within seconds for you. Everyone else did in the thread all good. AA doesnt care that you booked through priceline.
I called the AA EXP line twice and they say, "call Priceline."
My ticket on AA's website is ex-MAD and shows "ticketed." Wondering if I can count on this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
My ticket on AA's website is ex-MAD and shows "ticketed." Wondering if I can count on this.
If it's the same ticket number as was originally ticketed then no, you definitely cannot count on that.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 1:47 am

Programs: SE+, OWS
did you tell them? just play dumb and dont say anything. try again
Old Feb 23, 2022, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have this too.
I booked with AA. they want to reinstate CMN - but I'd rather they didn't. I may just get a refund.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 2:47 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite Plus, SQ Gold, BA Gold, VS Gold, Globalist, HH Diamond
Good news: The online check in for IB flights CMN-MAD-LHR works now and I was able to get the Boarding Pass online. So a classic transit was possible with staying airside in CMN. Of course staff and security there don´t really get that and try to lead you differently. But keep straight and just go to the boarding gate for IB. LHR-US was easy as usual.

To the rebooking using historical fares.....so far two tries and no good outcome. Was quoted twice a fare difference of a couple thousand USD for pushing the rest of the flights to a later date. I hope someone else has better experience and posts it here.
nldogbert likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 2:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by andigoeskiwi
Good news: The online check in for IB flights CMN-MAD-LHR works now and I was able to get the Boarding Pass online. So a classic transit was possible with staying airside in CMN. Of course staff and security there don´t really get that and try to lead you differently. But keep straight and just go to the boarding gate for IB. LHR-US was easy as usual.

To the rebooking using historical fares.....so far two tries and no good outcome. Was quoted twice a fare difference of a couple thousand USD for pushing the rest of the flights to a later date. I hope someone else has better experience and posts it here.
Did you ask the agents to quote you the relevant section of the fares rules that permits new pricing?
Old Feb 23, 2022, 3:17 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Good to hear this - as when I return to RAK on this ticket, hopefully I do not need to go airside for doc check. (Hopefully the procedure is the same as in CMN). Now just waiting for the country to follow most other places and not need negative PCR and on arrival testing in the coming weeks.

Cheers!
Old Feb 23, 2022, 4:22 am

Was this, in part, on your positioning flight?
AKA... you wanted to do an immediate turn in CMN. Fly in on IB flight from MAD and fly out on same plane 30 minutes later?
Old Feb 23, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite Plus, SQ Gold, BA Gold, VS Gold, Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Global321
Was this, in part, on your positioning flight?
AKA... you wanted to do an immediate turn in CMN. Fly in on IB flight from MAD and fly out on same plane 30 minutes later?
AF in 3h before IB flew out. No way to make a direct return imho
Global321 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by danger
Did you ask the agents to quote you the relevant section of the fares rules that permits new pricing?
i did. But I guess we need more trials to get a real picture. Lot of AA agents are just useless when it comes to complex tickets.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
i did. But I guess we need more trials to get a real picture. Lot of AA agents are just useless when it comes to complex tickets.
AA reservations agents generally don't know or bother with fare rules. They call Tariff for such things. It might be best to verify yourself what the fare should be using the fares in effect on your original ticketing date before you call. EF can show historic fares. if an agent quotes a high fare, ask the agent to call Tariff and provide what you found the fare should be.
andigoeskiwi likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 7:54 am

Got a schedule change alert from PL this morning for my May departure, AA moved time and downgraded AA39 from 77W to 772. The system automatically pushed me into biz. Quick call to the EP desk and they took over the ticket and moved me to BA F with BA coded segments. Crediting to AS will be sweet!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.