Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2022, 11:17 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
Next stage of adventure. Showed up 1h45m before the flight to UK. Apparently AA chat left my ticket in some circular reference with 3 different iterations, and they won’t let me board. Looks like I might miss the 0735 connection to London and thus AA 57; they will probably try to put me on the mediocre IB nonstop to Miami. I will try for the BA flight at 10:45 connecting to BA 209 at 2pm.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 12:14 am

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
AA chat this morning put me on AA 9600 MAD-MIA in business which isn’t a great outcome but is better than Iberian and good enough in this case.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 12:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by rdlmitedu
AA chat this morning put me on AA 9600 MAD-MIA in business which isn’t a great outcome but is better than Iberian and good enough in this case.
You are on your way rdlmitedu and I am sure you can get some ORC for this - on the plus side nice early arrival into MIA
Old Mar 25, 2022, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
American apparently banned worded me on the outbound on a schedule change, which is why my TripIt information was no longer valid
[snip]
I should have checked with the airline I guess before departing but TripIt is usually synced so I relied on that. Nothing in my email about this; they possibly called me but I get so much phone spam that I never pick up the phone.
What is "ban worded me" and why would that make TripIt no longer correct?

If your itinerary was created by AA (you booked via AA to start) then you can't use TripCase (the Sabre version of Amadeus' CheckMyTrip), which would always show the current state of the PNR. You could put the IB PNR into CheckMyTrip and get the same outcome, it should always show the current state of record, at least as Amadeus sees it.

After 3 tries with chat (about an hour while waiting at the CMN airport) was able to get moved onto MAD-LHR-MIA with AA 57. However, the downgrade to J remained. I tried chat today (there is an empty seat) and was refused reinstatement of A seat because “it will charge a fee”
In my experience, AA chat agents are their worst-trained and least competent. Their Twitter DM team is far better, especially for schedule changes.

Next stage of adventure. Showed up 1h45m before the flight to UK. Apparently AA chat left my ticket in some circular reference with 3 different iterations, and they won’t let me board. Looks like I might miss the 0735 connection to London and thus AA 57; they will probably try to put me on the mediocre IB nonstop to Miami. I will try for the BA flight at 10:45 connecting to BA 209 at 2pm.
The airport agents should be able to put you on whatever routing you want, and reinstate your first class seat.
rdlmitedu likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 8:08 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by anabolism
What is "ban worded me" ....?
I assume the PG version would be "screwed"
rdlmitedu likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 9:49 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi all,

Just to update I just completed all my segments - except for the last one, MAD-RAK. Initially I had wanted to do this tomorrow, but a few days ago decided to go again to RAK later in the year. The change was done easily with a call and no questions/repricing. All done within 5-10 mins after my call was taken.
Every thing went well with the ticket - and all the AA segments credited to my BA account I guess as I boarded - the IB segments, after a week I still have yet to see them credited.

Thanks to the OP for this and good luck to all that still have to fly.

Cheers!
our_kid likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 1:10 pm

I am home! What happened at the airport in MAD was pretty amazing. I got put on AA 9600, which was a 777-200 (with no flagship first, but enh) which had had a mechanical failure (pressurization system, needed parts from USA) earlier in the week, and the aircraft and crew had been stuck there for 5 days. I flew back as one of 3 pax (there was a couple in J as well). Took a few photos of a 100% empty PE and E section. This was a more unique experience than flying to London and catching BA 209 A380 would have been (I'll do that next time).

The best AA crew I've ever flown with. The purser in particular was *amazing*. It was like flying back in 2018-2019 again! I ended up sleeping most of the way, but genuinely warm and friendly service from them (and they didn't cook my meal until I woke up; I got it about an hour and a half after that, plus repeated offers of multiple desserts, etc.)
our_kid and honzeek_cz like this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Trying to change the return date using (historical) fare is like pulling teeth through AA. Could someone pull this up on EF and post the fare rules here please? I don't know how to use EF... lol

ANN7IMN7 fare basis. Thank you in advance!

Edit: finally got it changed 2 months out, difference in price is .... $0, so even exchange. What's weird is that I cannot picked any flight that is operated by BA or even codeshare AAflight/BAoperated TransAtlantic portion...

Last edited by flyer89; Mar 27, 2022 at 4:12 pm
Old Mar 27, 2022, 6:18 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by flyer89
Trying to change the return date using (historical) fare is like pulling teeth through AA. Could someone pull this up on EF and post the fare rules here please? I don't know how to use EF... lol

Edit: finally got it changed 2 months out, difference in price is .... $0, so even exchange. What's weird is that I cannot picked any flight that is operated by BA or even codeshare AAflight/BAoperated TransAtlantic portion...
Were you able to make the change before departure of the first flight or has travel commenced?

My TA pointed out that the fare rules, at least for the F fare, require the TAtl flights to be on AA or IB. I've managed to get one of my flights on BA (code and operated) but that followed and involuntary schedule change.

That said, I think one or two members have reported being on a BA code, maybe even BA metal.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by danger
Were you able to make the change before departure of the first flight or has travel commenced?

My TA pointed out that the fare rules, at least for the F fare, require the TAtl flights to be on AA or IB. I've managed to get one of my flights on BA (code and operated) but that followed and involuntary schedule change.

That said, I think one or two members have reported being on a BA code, maybe even BA metal.
Travel has commenced on the outbound, so I pushed my return from MIA-CMN out till August. In regards of the BA flight, that was new to me since I was able to booked BA operated/ AA flight on the outbound LHR-MIA and it was priced normally. I did asked for BA flight number (BA208), that was a no-go, tried AAcodeshare/ BA operated, no go either on the return. Basically, for the return flight, MIA-LHR it has to be on an AA operated flight ... or per your suggestion, IB but who wants IB business when AA is in First. :P So here to hoping a schedule change or something so that I can push for BA208 flight. I was just glad to be able to pushed my flight out (it shouldn't be this hard!) using historical fare... It took 1 phone call, 2 chat, 1 final phone call to get to someone who know what she's doing in able to get rebooked... As suggested by one of us, everyone I called or chat, first thing I stated is, "I want to book make a change to my return flight using historical fare per the fare rules..." and still took a total of 4 tries.. lol
Old Mar 27, 2022, 6:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Travel has commenced on the outbound, so I pushed my return from MIA-CMN out till August. In regards of the BA flight, that was new to me since I was able to booked BA operated/ AA flight on the outbound LHR-MIA and it was priced normally. I did asked for BA flight number (BA208), that was a no-go, tried AAcodeshare/ BA operated, no go either on the return. Basically, for the return flight, MIA-LHR it has to be on an AA operated flight ... or per your suggestion, IB but who wants IB business when AA is in First. :P So here to hoping a schedule change or something so that I can push for BA208 flight. I was just glad to be able to pushed my flight out (it shouldn't be this hard!) using historical fare... It took 1 phone call, 2 chat, 1 final phone call to get to someone who know what she's doing in able to get rebooked... As suggested by one of us, everyone I called or chat, first thing I stated is, "I want to book make a change to my return flight using historical fare per the fare rules..." and still took a total of 4 tries.. lol
Thanks for that. I knew there were some who were able to get BA from go.

I was originally on AA MIA-LHR but there was a schedule change and very easily managed to move to BA 206 through an AA offshore call centre. Then 206 was downgraded. AA in the US moved me to 208 but on the AA code. I argued and escalated to a supervisor who reluctantly put me on the BA code. I'd like to move to a BA-coded/AA-operated on the outbound but I don't like my chances.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 7:06 pm

Yes I flew the outbound and called to change the return and was advised also the TATL required an American operated flight. Problem was finding the A fare bucket on the return. May I ask how the available flights in the A bucket were found?
Old Mar 27, 2022, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by nawlins
Yes I flew the outbound and called to change the return and was advised also the TATL required an American operated flight. Problem was finding the A fare bucket on the return. May I ask how the available flights in the A bucket were found?
I just searched for MIA-LHR leg by itself on matrix, plenty of A fare… most likely will be AA38… hope that helps
nawlins likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by nawlins
I bought outbound CMN-MAD-LHR-MIA for July and return in August, thinking I'd wait until flying the outbound and then change dates on inbound to be October or so (which wasn't in the booking window when I bought it). Once October was bookable, I bought positioning flights to get home in October. But then I noticed that none of the AA flights MIA-LHR had any 'A' inventory at all. I kept thinking they'd open up, but even checking months earlier all flights were still A0. So I gave up and decided I'd fly my return as ticketed, and changed my positioning flights.

I used EF to see 'A' inventory.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
I bought outbound CMN-MAD-LHR-MIA for July and return in August, thinking I'd wait until flying the outbound and then change dates on inbound to be October or so (which wasn't in the booking window when I bought it). Once October was bookable, I bought positioning flights to get home in October. But then I noticed that none of the AA flights MIA-LHR had any 'A' inventory at all. I kept thinking they'd open up, but even checking months earlier all flights were still A0. So I gave up and decided I'd fly my return as ticketed, and changed my positioning flights.

I used EF to see 'A' inventory.
Hmm weird, I just check some random dates on Matrix and AA.com and do see MIA-LHR in A in Oct... but I would wait till you have traveled the outbound first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.