Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by redadeco
Where did I say this?

I'm just getting a refund for what I've initially paid in hotel expenses, AF is losing $1900, I'm not.
good luck with that
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
My Orbitz bookings seem intact so far. Can AF cancel unilaterally even if Orbitz is TA on file?
They can, but shouldn't and most likely won't. Alitalia unilatetally cancelled all of their error-fare bookings this time last year - including those made by third parties/travel agencies - but that was unprecedented.

But you can be sure that AF is dealing with all third parties in the background and will get them to cancel...
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:49 am

I think with the amount of fare cancellation by airlines, FT really needs to add a SAD reaction to posts now...

Pho Fare, Sake fare, and ANA Sydney are the only big ones that survived this year? I must be missing something though. EK MLE?
BA Ecuador, AZ DUS, Virgin OZ deal, SWISS award, etc, have all fallen under. RIP.

all 12 tix me and my friends have got on this itin have been cancelled. Next one will be better I guess.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by redadeco
Where did I say this?

I'm just getting a refund for what I've initially paid in hotel expenses, AF is losing $1900, I'm not.
I doubt you'll ever see a single dollar for that.

Originally Posted by irishguy28
They can, but shouldn't and most likely won't. Alitalia unilatetally cancelled all of their error-fare bookings this time last year - including those made by third parties/travel agencies - but that was unprecedented.

But you can be sure that AF is dealing with all third parties in the background and will get them to cancel...
More of a business decision IMO. I would say if TAs "don't cooperate" then it will get unilaterally cancelled anyway.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My ticket was also cancelled overnight

Turns out this was a private rate that was intended solely for use of friends & family of Meghan Markle to travel from LAX/SFO to London for next year's Royal Wedding. Or, like, whenever.

FFFWUS: F F fare, Friends & Family rate for Wedding from US.

(If anyone can provide Air France with evidence of their eligibility for this fare, your ticket should be reinstated)
palmanfr likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sjondorn
More of a business decision IMO. I would say if TAs "don't cooperate" then it will get unilaterally cancelled anyway.
Indeed. Or send out AMDs for each ticket to recoup the lost amount. AF will happily carry pax if the "correct" fare is paid - we know that AF isn't going to "pay" the balance, so push it out to the agencies and see if they'll eat it on behalf of their clients

Last edited by irishguy28; Dec 21, 2017 at 2:04 am
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Interestingly I've received a cancelation email from Delta reading "the ticket(s) you recently purchased for travel on Air France La Premiere/First class has been cancelled due to an incorrect fare filing", but DL website, AF website and Saudia website show it alive and kicking. Sadly booking made through DL, so can't get into the PNR notes.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:41 am

mine was cancelled last night (ticket was booked with AF.de), then I called the AF hotline and after requesting his supervisor the agent reinstated the ticket... about 30min later it was cancelled again. Until now i got no call or notice by mail...
Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
Originally Posted by beyounged
I think with the amount of fare cancellation by airlines, FT really needs to add a SAD reaction to posts now...

Pho Fare, Sake fare, and ANA Sydney are the only big ones that survived this year? I must be missing something though. EK MLE?
BA Ecuador, AZ DUS, Virgin OZ deal, SWISS award, etc, have all fallen under. RIP.

all 12 tix me and my friends have got on this itin have been cancelled. Next one will be better I guess.
You're missing the 680EUR J-fares MUC/FRA/NCE-SFO/LAX on *A, error fare around 1st September.

Me and the missus are flying SWISS on boxing day/returning new years day NCE-ZRH-SFO on the B777 and cannot wait

That fare was only live for a couple of hours on midnight between friday and saturday CET. I wonder if that has something to do with whether the fare is honored or not as not a ton of people jumped on it due to people in the region of the departure airport were mostly asleep.

If I recall correctly, the Sake fare was similarly posted in the early hours of the morning CET and as it was out of AMS, it might have been a similar situation that not that many FT'ers (or readers of the bloggers) saw it.

Last edited by groovyfly; Dec 21, 2017 at 5:53 am Reason: Wrong price given
Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
My ticket was also cancelled overnight

Turns out this was a private rate that was intended solely for use of friends & family of Meghan Markle to travel from LAX/SFO to London for next year's Royal Wedding. Or, like, whenever.

FFFWUS: F F fare, Friends & Family rate for Wedding from US.

(If anyone can provide Air France with evidence of their eligibility for this fare, your ticket should be reinstated)
With the amount of misinformation and conspiracy theories going around with this fare, I genuinely cannot tell if you are being sarcastic or not

Also, as for testing the DOT rule and discussing what is or is not reasonable -- take a look at this thread. It seems to me this is precisely what the DOT meant by making a customer "whole". The guy had other tickets booked, saw this fare for cheaper, booked it and canceled the others. Now, he cannot get those bookings back. Clearly, due to AF's action, the customer is no longer "whole". It would seem to me that in order to make the customer whole again, AF would need to either honor this fare or re-book the customer on their original BA F.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:44 am

Ticket was cancelled 24 hours ago. Still no call or email.

If I was just a 'normal person' booking SFO or LAX to LHR during that four hour window of magic, I would still have no earthly idea I didn't have secured passage.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by beyounged

EK MLE fare got honored and reinstated after the DOT complaints rolled in. Im 2/4 this year
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by sgan317
EK MLE fare got honored and reinstated after the DOT complaints rolled in. Im 2/4 this year
According to the person who handled my VA J fare that DL honored on DL metal. It was delta who decided to honor, not DOT action forcing them to. Why EK cancelled first, I don't know. Sometimes you win and sometimes you don't.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by sgan317
Are a lot of folks here filing DOT complaints? On the fence whether its the right thing to do or whether it'd make a difference, especially if the law allows them to cancel in the first place.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Per phone call round two: According to Delta 4,000 of these tickets were sold!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.