Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by palmanfr
Yes it is indeed and I think that is the meaning here. But the translation of Captain Canuck is funnier considering the situation !
Fully my intent here - you really need to find some humour in the situation

CC
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by KL808
My tickets are still intact on AF dot com. My credit card still has the charge pending though and checkmytrip has notes in the misc area with regards to fare pricing error.
Here's to hoping for a good holiday spirit and honoring the tix.

Right there with you - still intact on AF and DL and no email or calls.

Last edited by guy_listening; Dec 21, 2017 at 10:35 am
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: Some...
Booked at 5pm (CEST) on Tuesday, cancelled between 6 and 8 pm (CEST) on Wednesday on airfrance.fr.

Still no call nor email.

But I just received an email asking me to rate the website airfrance.fr (1 to 5 stars) following the booking process (and the reservation number clearly appears in the email).

Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by seris7
My res on orbitz is still intact, can see it on AirFrance website and change seats...nobody called me, no e-mail received. OTA's reservations are probably harder to be cancelled for AF. No doubt they will knock on my door, but it's nice to be one of the latest survivors.
Same with me, booked on Big O, reservation still intact, but prepared for the worst. If anything happens, I hope I'll get some goodwill certs from OTA like what I got from Expedia when NZ canceled the SYD-LAX tickets.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My Amex charges went from 'pending' to final charges. Strange that Delta didn't cut those off earlier.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by guy_listening
Right there with you - still intact on AF and DL and no email or calls. However, no notes in the misc area at all on checkmytrip regarding fare pricing error.
Please stop writing that your tickets are still active. Airlines read these forums. We don't have to encourage them to look again and cancel tickets they overlooked. If you have a ticket that is active please be quiet and happy.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:33 am

Data point:

Reservation disappeared the first evening. DL ticket/code. Unable to pull up anything on DL.com after that.

AF/KLM showed all segment cancelled. EF showed inventory went back.

The next morning, went to KLM/AF.com and noticed they added all segments back into the AF/KL PNR number. DL PNR still didn't pull up. However, the new segments are now AF coded instead of DL coded. All segments showed confirmed. Was able to re-select seats in F. EF showed inventory decreased by 1 again.

PNR details showed PRICING ERROR by LAX, but also showed a new line "RETENTION" by another airport location. Contact info shows this new airport location.

No email, no calls, all newly added segments confirmed.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: MR, HH, DL, ALK
Flights cancelled - ticketing error

Everything going away...

Update on your recent Air France ticket purchase (KMMxxxxxx)
"Dear Customer,

Due to a system error, your ticket/s for travel on Air France in La Première/First Class which was recently purchased has/have to be cancelled and will be fully refunded, consistent with DOT guidelines and policy.

We apologize for this inconvenience."

An Air France representative will attempt to contact you by phone..."
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by seris7
Still I don't understand why AF realized they published this promo fare only after selling 4000 tickets (or more)...looks like airlines are running their business like a family run business.
Considering there are 2 flights/day from LAX and 2 from SFO, with 9 seats in first class on each flight, it means they filled their first class seats for 111 days before understanding their mistake...Correct me if I am wrong.
Just slightly off:

One flight per day from SFO on the 77W (4 seats in F) and two flights per day from LAX (9 seats on the A380 and 4 seats on the 77W) for a total of 17 seats per day.

So if the alleged 4,000 seats were sold, it would fill the entire cabin from these two cities for the better part of the year.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
just got a second call telling me of the cancelation. can't say they aren't being thorough at least.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
just got a second call telling me of the cancelation. can't say they aren't being thorough at least.
I've yet to get one call. I did get an E-mail that said "As discussed..." but no call.
palmanfr likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by E.V.O.O.
Data point:

Reservation disappeared the first evening. DL ticket/code. Unable to pull up anything on DL.com after that.

AF/KLM showed all segment cancelled. EF showed inventory went back.

The next morning, went to KLM/AF.com and noticed they added all segments back into the AF/KL PNR number. DL PNR still didn't pull up. However, the new segments are now AF coded instead of DL coded. All segments showed confirmed. Was able to re-select seats in F. EF showed inventory decreased by 1 again.

PNR details showed PRICING ERROR by LAX, but also showed a new line "RETENTION" by another airport location. Contact info shows this new airport location.

No email, no calls, all newly added segments confirmed.
Do you have any DL or AF status by chance ? Do you get to fly with them a lot in premium cabins ?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 11:23 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by josephstern
My Amex charges went from 'pending' to final charges. Strange that Delta didn't cut those off earlier.
Very strange indeed. If the merchant determines right away they will not provide goods/services and communicated that decision to the customer then shouldn't they manually decline the payment right away while its still pending?

Otherwise, would we be in the "right" to dispute any posted charges through the bank to block the payment from actually being paid to the merchant?

We shouldn't be subject to having to wait up to two statement cycles for the merchant to process the refund.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by golfingboy

Very strange indeed. If the merchant determines right away they will not provide goods/services and communicated that decision to the customer then shouldn't they manually decline the payment right away while its still pending?

Otherwise, would we be in the "right" to dispute any posted charges through the bank to block the payment from actually being paid to the merchant?

We shouldn't be subject to having to wait up to two statement cycles for the merchant to process the refund.
In my experience, refunds happen within days - not two cycles. But anyone whose statement closes after the charge and before the credit will have reason to be pissed, for sure, especially if they don't pay in full and are thus paying interest from the moment the charge hits.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by josephstern
But anyone whose statement closes after the charge and before the credit will have reason to be pissed, for sure, especially if they don't pay in full and are thus paying interest from the moment the charge hits.
I'm thinking that anyone in that situation shouldn't be buying these tickets in the first place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.