Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: PAL million miler (1.6 M ), AA Platinum ( almost 1 M)
oh shoot.. i bought one with DL .. I had an option to buy VA ,, sheesh.. was in a hurry to buy.. but 902 is not bad at all
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by JNLentertainment
oh shoot.. i bought one with DL .. I had an option to buy VA ,, sheesh.. was in a hurry to buy.. but 902 is not bad at all
Anyone seeing this charge pending or post on their cc? Mine is not there...
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by CDKing
Was it ticketed by DL or VA? IIRC 1st TPAC leg on VA was ticketed by VA. If so then its % of miles flown MQD not based on actual ticket price. DL ticket stock is by $ spend.
And so I thought.
I flew PDX-NRT-SGN on 27 Aug
SGN-NRT-PDX 27 Sep 2017

It seemed DL changed the earning charts on 1 Sep 2017 for VE

So, even though ticketed, 006 on DL, I earned no miles, no MQM for the 27 Sep trip. I wrote Delta and got some nonsense response, since their site still says that if ticketed by Delta I'd get credit.

This is not so important, BUT I also have a flight in December on Air France, AF metal, AF marketed, in PE, A, , BUT ticketed 006, on DL.
I thought I would earn MQD based on a % of base miles, but now I am unsure.

Can someone please explain.
Thanks
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:11 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
All pending here.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Originally Posted by nichojo
Name a program that will let you change your FF # once travel has commenced?
Etihad and virgin is a bit hit and miSs but i did manage to change .
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:48 am

Programs: Air NZ, Qantas, Korean Air
Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
Mine's gone through as a transaction. So I hope they don't cancel it.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by nichojo
Name a program that will let you change your FF # once travel has commenced?
ALL of them!!! (Apparently, except Skymiles)

I've had check-in and lounge agents often switch from Flying Blue to Millemiglia and vice-versa, at various points in various itineraries. Have done it with Aegean Miles+Bonus/Etihad Guest; BA Executive Club and Aer Lingus Aer Club; Aegean Miles+Bonus and Lufthansa Miles & More in the past.

(Flying Blue lounge agents will typically enter the number of whatever status card you provide for lounge access purposes into the reservation if you have a different programme/number on the boarding pass - so if this is not what you want, you have to watch out and stop them).
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by TerryK
UA, AA, LH and many others. Change of FFP will only affect future unflown segments, not flown segments.
False. Changing mid itinerary with UA will result in the entire itinerary credited to that account.

AA is definitely not a problem.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
My ticket charges have all posted.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rankourabu
False. Changing mid itinerary with UA will result in the entire itinerary credited to that account.....
That has not been my experience. Due to year end management of PQM , I have had a number of UA itineraries credited to LH for outbound and UA for inbound. LH generally credit in two days. By the time when I change FFP to UA, LH credit has posted. UA has never reversed LH credit and re-credit UA for the outbound. Inbound was credited to UA as expected.

BTW, time to add [FARE GONE] to thread title and move it.

Last edited by TerryK; Nov 3, 2017 at 8:10 am
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by TerryK
That has not been my experience. Due to year end management of PQM , I have had a number of UA itineraries credited to LH for outbound and UA for inbound. LH generally credit in two days. By the time when I change FFP to UA, LH credit has posted. UA has never reversed LH credit and re-credit UA for the outbound. Inbound was credited to UA as expected.

BTW, time to add [FARE GONE] to thread title and move it.

Depends. UA stores the FFN in the PNR and then sweeps the PNR a couple days after flying for crediting. If there are several days between legs (e.g., outbound and return a week apart), yes, you can credit one direction to one program, and another to the other.

If it's only a day or two, if you change the FFN for the return or onward leg, and the first leg hasn't swept yet, then all may post to the second FFN.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Is there a consensus on where best to credit this for someone with no status?
AKL-SYD-LAX-OAK-LAX-MEL-AKL
My ticket number starts with 795 so I am assuming this is VA stock?

Seems like KL earns 100% and VS earns 150%
VA seems rather useless to me as I have no way of topping off the account.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:56 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
I used a very small number of Citi Thank You points + paid the balance with a Citi credit card for our tickets. There is nothing in the fare rules that I saved from the Citi Thank You travel portal immediately after my purchase that suggests that I purchased a "bulk", "consolidator" or "wholesale" fare. However, I am hoping that these flights post as "exception" fares. Does anyone here have any experience with how Delta flights typically post when partially purchased with TYP?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by invalyd
Is there a consensus on where best to credit this for someone with no status?
AKL-SYD-LAX-OAK-LAX-MEL-AKL
My ticket number starts with 795 so I am assuming this is VA stock?

Seems like KL earns 100% and VS earns 150%
VA seems rather useless to me as I have no way of topping off the account.

Any help would be appreciated.
I was thinking being US based that I was just going to use DL. I'll probably be doing a platinum challenge. Too bad my flight is prior to July as i hear the status lasts longer if done after July.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
I used a very small number of Citi Thank You points + paid the balance with a Citi credit card for our tickets. There is nothing in the fare rules that I saved from the Citi Thank You travel portal immediately after my purchase that suggests that I purchased a "bulk", "consolidator" or "wholesale" fare. However, I am hoping that these flights post as "exception" fares. Does anyone here have any experience with how Delta flights typically post when partially purchased with TYP?
If you are crediting to DL you can log in and view your receipt for the reservation. If it shows the fare amount paid it will credit by fare, if it says "BF" or no amount then you will earn under the exception table.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.