Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 3:00 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by Peregrinus
If you are crediting to DL you can log in and view your receipt for the reservation. If it shows the fare amount paid it will credit by fare, if it says "BF" or no amount then you will earn under the exception table.
I was afraid of that. Yeah, full fare shows, with the Citi TYPs treated as cash at 1.25 cpp. What does"BF" mean?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CDKing
I was thinking being US based that I was just going to use DL. I'll probably be doing a platinum challenge. Too bad my flight is prior to July as i hear the status lasts longer if done after July.
I should have considered that, unfortunately I booked the return 5 months later so I'll be doing this as two tips and won't be able to leverage a challenge here.
I'm also US based, but could get decent use out of Korean miles so I guess I'll need to crunch the numbers between DL and KL.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
I was afraid of that. Yeah, full fare shows, with the Citi TYPs treated as cash at 1.25 cpp. What does"BF" mean?
"BF" is for Bulk Fare.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by invalyd
I should have considered that, unfortunately I booked the return 5 months later so I'll be doing this as two tips and won't be able to leverage a challenge here.
I'm also US based, but could get decent use out of Korean miles so I guess I'll need to crunch the numbers between DL and KL.
I have 4 months between outbound and return. I wish the flights were sooner as there is a DL Amex that gives 10K MQM with $3k spend expires soon. I heard it may count towards the challenge.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Originally Posted by invalyd
Is there a consensus on where best to credit this for someone with no status?
AKL-SYD-LAX-OAK-LAX-MEL-AKL
My ticket number starts with 795 so I am assuming this is VA stock?

Seems like KL earns 100% and VS earns 150%
VA seems rather useless to me as I have no way of topping off the account.

Any help would be appreciated.
Just as a note of interest but Virgin Velocity allows direct transfer of points to Singapore Airlines. This may be a nice option for some.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:01 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Originally Posted by davistev
Just as a note of interest but Virgin Velocity allows direct transfer of points to Singapore Airlines. This may be a nice option for some.
Less 35%
Old Nov 4, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
So who flies first?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by earlyriser
So who flies first?
Managed to get 3 tickets to fly out on APR 18 . I am based in SYD so will need tk book a positioning fly to AKL . I got eticket with 795 VA stock and looking to family pooling with velocity to get to platinum in 1 trip 520 status credit x 3 if i am correct
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Originally Posted by dsdsyd
Managed to get 3 tickets to fly out on APR 18 . I am based in SYD so will need tk book a positioning fly to AKL . I got eticket with 795 VA stock and looking to family pooling with velocity to get to platinum in 1 trip 520 status credit x 3 if i am correct
I am in in a similar situation but three weeks after you. Wondering how long I should wait before booking positioning.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
I’m flying in March
earlyriser likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by earlyriser
I am in in a similar situation but three weeks after you. Wondering how long I should wait before booking positioning.
I'm waiting a couple weeks at least. My gut still feels it will be cancelled.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Philam24
Finger cross VA/DL wont cancel it , this will be my first trip to the US / first amazing J deal with first time in VA the business .

How do you know when they cancel it will they send you an email ? Even after they charged the cards and issued ticket already last BA deal took 3 days and Air New Zealand take more than 24 hours but it almost 4 days now and we still havent got anything from the Airlines .
earlyriser likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I’m now 90% confident the VA tickets won’t be canceled, and 95% sure the DL ones won’t.
earlyriser and dsdsyd like this.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I’m now 90% confident the VA tickets won’t be canceled, and 95% sure the DL ones won’t.
That is good to hear , care to explain what make you think so ? Based on past exp with those airlines ?
earlyriser likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Philam24
There is another thread that discusses another recent mistake fare with VA - [FARE GONE] Va: Dfw-mel $172 ai

It seems that those who booked directly with VA had their tickets honored whereas those who booked through a 3rd party site were denied. Seems to provide some sort of recent precedence.
earlyriser and dsdsyd like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.