Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Originally Posted by vitagen
I booked it direct on the VA site

wonder what recourse we got?
Any status?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by nichojo
One could argue this wasn't a proper sale. For example, Air New Zealand.
If it wasn’t an authorized sale, then they should have acted right away (as they did with their coach fares) to cancel tickets. The fact that multiple codeshare airlines were offering the same or similar fares, would tell me that it was a coordinated offer.

I paid over $1000 each for my tickets. I’ve flown on dozens of similarly or lower priced Biz and First tickets. No problem flying any of them.

If payment has been tendered, and tickets issued, it certainly seems like bad faith to try and void the contract. At this point, I really doubt that they could, without a large and expensive backlash.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:03 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
If it wasn’t an authorized sale, then they should have acted right away (as they did with their coach fares) to cancel tickets. The fact that multiple codeshare airlines were offering the same or similar fares, would tell me that it was a coordinated offer.

I paid over $1000 each for my tickets. I’ve flown on dozens of similarly or lower priced Biz and First tickets. No problem flying any of them.

If payment has been tendered, and tickets issued, it certainly seems like bad faith to try and void the contract. At this point, I really doubt that they could, without a large and expensive backlash.
This same exact scenario literally played out a few months ago within the thread I linked to. There will be no huge backlash. Life will go on.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Information on your flight
Hi,
Last week, you purchased a Business Class fare from New Zealand to Sydney.Sydney.Auckland. Unfortunately, due to human error the fare price advertised was incorrect and we’re unable to honour this ticket in its current form. We are very sorry for this inconvenience but would like to offer you some options so you can continue your booking with us.
If you still wish to travel, we will move your booking into Economy1. If you decide you no longer wish to travel we’re happy to provide you with a full refund and we’ll cancel the booking.
If you are happy with the first option of keeping your booking and travelling in Economy, please click the green ‘ACCEPT CHANGES’ button below and your updated ticket will be emailed to you.
Accept changes
If you would like to take up the second option to cancel your booking and receive a refund, please give us a call on one of the below listed numbers.
Again, we sincerely apologise for this mistake and hope you can understand that sometimes human error does occur.
Regards,
Virgin Australia
If you have a valid credit card charge, and ticket numbers, then certainly file a DOT complaint.

VA has stated that any fare booked on it’s own website is valid. Seems they’d get a big liar, liar, pants on fire rating if they then pull this type of stunt.

This should be fun!
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:09 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
If you have a valid credit card charge, and ticket numbers, then certainly file a DOT complaint.

VA has stated that any fare booked on it’s own website is valid. Seems they’d get a big liar, liar, pants on fire rating if they then pull this type of stunt.

This should be fun!
DOT won't do anything. They already announced mistake fares are no longer something they enforce. And you can come back and say this wasn't a mistake all you want but that will get you nowhere.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nichojo
This same exact scenario literally played out a few months ago within the thread I linked to. There will be no huge backlash. Life will go on.
We’ll see, I guess. I’d be shocked if DL pulls the same nonsense.

I often see “low hanging fruit” cancel deals because they give up easily.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For anyone affected, I would not agree to any changes right away.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Interesting turn of events ... Lets see what DL does.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got the same messagw

deleted...

Last edited by bhatnasx; Nov 7, 2017 at 12:28 am
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Information on your flight
Hi,
Last week, you purchased a Business Class fare from New Zealand to Sydney.Sydney.Auckland. Unfortunately, due to human error the fare price advertised was incorrect and we’re unable to honour this ticket in its current form.
Virgin Australia
Where are the flights to USA. Is this an Akl us alk fare you are referring to?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:28 am

I ticketed through delta.com and delta ticket stock. No email yet...waiting...have position flights in hold with aa. Don't wanna book yet as it may cancel and I'll have to pay to redepoist miles into aa...oh, what to do...
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: Miles&more, SPG, Hyatt
DL stock. Still valid.

From the unfolding at the beginning it seems like this was probably a DL fare. When it first came out you could only get this price if booked as DL code. VA eventually caught on because I guess they have some mechanism in place to sync their fare levels. Will see what happens in a few days.....

The US carriers are generally pretty good at honoring fares on their own metal and ticket stock.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hansyuwiwb
From the unfolding at the beginning it seems like this was probably a DL fare. When it first came out you could only get this price if booked as DL code. VA eventually caught on because I guess they have some mechanism in place to sync their fare levels. Will see what happens in a few days.....
Not correct on the only DL ticket angle.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I booked through Amex travel but didn't received an e-mail. Not sure if they had my e-mail on the ticket. What's the best way to confirm? My ticket still seems to be in tact on VA website.

Last edited by invalyd; Nov 7, 2017 at 10:10 am
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Originally Posted by invalyd
I booked through Amex travel but didn't received an e-mail. Not sure if they had my e-mail on the ticket. What's the best way to confirm? My ticket still seems to be in tact on VS website.
Still fine here with VA but one would think bad news is coming today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.