Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ek mle-nyc 101 ow / 141 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Ek mle-nyc 101 ow / 141 rt

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 12:57 am

My tickets are incredibly useful for me since I need to be in that part of the world several times in the coming months. Not in the Maldives, per se, but in places from where getting to MLE is easy. And, I fear, I might fall ill on arrival in Dubai on the return.
Old May 26, 2017, 6:48 am

FYi I did look more into the options on the "value of my ticket"...
I did see that delta could get me there for 40k miles
Spg point the Sheraton or ultimate reward pts.
Then use my Emirates ticket home...

Despite this value...Wife said we can't go due to ZIKI! Finally get a mistake fare and can't use it....
Old May 26, 2017, 8:13 am

I'm still waiting for my email / booking number to show up on emirates. booked via orbitz.

any other data point?
Old May 26, 2017, 2:27 pm

i went to emirates's website and check my booking number again, and somehow it shows up. So they re-instated my booking.
Old May 26, 2017, 2:55 pm

Anyone booking with an OTA that voided the ticket get it reinstated?
Old May 26, 2017, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by robdls
Anyone booking with an OTA that voided the ticket get it reinstated?
Call them - Provide them your ticket # and you can get it reinstated

I booked via orbitz and was able to call it in and got it reinstated
Old May 26, 2017, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by FPmiles

Priceline wouldn't do it. Called multiple times.
Old May 26, 2017, 3:22 pm

I did chat with Emirates and they said my ticket was reinstated. I am able to see it online. They then told me I needed to contact Expedia to reissue my ticket. When I contacted Expedia they said they contacted Emirates and that they could not reissue because it was voided.
Old May 26, 2017, 7:29 pm

has anyone had any luck with alaska segments moving off the waitlist? i called AS (for something else but then asked about this reservation) and she said it's confirmed on their end but they're just waiting for a new ticket to be issued, but when i spoke with EK, she said it's still on the waitlist and not confirmed in their system yet. (then she went on about how alaska can't confirm it because it's not their reservation, then i asked how they can confirm it at all and she said it's just a matter of time, so i dunno.)

my reservation isn't until thanksgiving so i'm not too worried, but i'd like to start making plans...
Old May 26, 2017, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by robdls
I did chat with Emirates and they said my ticket was reinstated. I am able to see it online. They then told me I needed to contact Expedia to reissue my ticket. When I contacted Expedia they said they contacted Emirates and that they could not reissue because it was voided.
What's the next step then? So you have a reservation on Emirates, but no e-tickets.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by jonk
has anyone had any luck with alaska segments moving off the waitlist? i called AS (for something else but then asked about this reservation) and she said it's confirmed on their end but they're just waiting for a new ticket to be issued, but when i spoke with EK, she said it's still on the waitlist and not confirmed in their system yet. (then she went on about how alaska can't confirm it because it's not their reservation, then i asked how they can confirm it at all and she said it's just a matter of time, so i dunno.)

my reservation isn't until thanksgiving so i'm not too worried, but i'd like to start making plans...
Emirates is re-using both the same confirmation # and same ticket # as originally issued; however, for Alaska segments, there is an old cancelled AS confirmation # and a new one associated with the re-issue. It seems like the EK ticket# has not been added to the new AS confirmation. In any event, the agent was able to pick seats and add me to the upgrade waitlist for the AS segments.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by novocane
Emirates is re-using both the same confirmation # and same ticket # as originally issued; however, for Alaska segments, there is an old cancelled AS confirmation # and a new one associated with the re-issue. It seems like the EK ticket# has not been added to the new AS confirmation. In any event, the agent was able to pick seats and add me to the upgrade waitlist for the AS segments.

ahh ok, yeah i did see 2 AS confirmation numbers in the EK reservation email. did they end up adding the ticket number correctly? and if so, was this via EK chat or phone? sometimes i think the chat is more helpful, but i dunno.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
I booked via Orbitz and can see my reservation active on EK website. I called EK and they told me that the reservation has been reinstated and call Orbitz to reissue the ticket. I called Orbitz and after two hours on the call with level 1 and level 2 agents I got no where. Finally got a supervisor. He told me that since the ticket was voided they can't reissue the ticket. However he was going to send an email to EK about Orbitz releasing the reservation and EK can issue the ticket. Once Orbtiz gets the confirmation from EK about the acceptance, they will contact me so that I can call EK to reissue the ticket.

Not sounding encouraging.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by aglp2k
I booked via Orbitz and can see my reservation active on EK website. I called EK and they told me that the reservation has been reinstated and call Orbitz to reissue the ticket. I called Orbitz and after two hours on the call with level 1 and level 2 agents I got no where. Finally got a supervisor. He told me that since the ticket was voided they can't reissue the ticket. However he was going to send an email to EK about Orbitz releasing the reservation and EK can issue the ticket. Once Orbtiz gets the confirmation from EK about the acceptance, they will contact me so that I can call EK to reissue the ticket.

Not sounding encouraging.
I had similar experience with Priceline. Got nowhere after multiple phone calls. They called the agent support line and the Emirate agent on the phone told them to request a waiver, which takes 5-7 days. Not looking good either.
Old May 27, 2017, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by ncben
What's the next step then? So you have a reservation on Emirates, but no e-tickets.
After 3 hours 5 mins on the phone with Expedia and them calling Emirates back and forth several times I finally was reissued. It took a basic rep who said its not allowed to recycle the itinerary, escalation to his manager who said it is not allowed to recycle itinerary, escalated to his manager (Corporate) to finalize in 30 minutes. Basically, they just needed to call Emirates to receive a "Code" that authorized them to reissue at the existing fare. Emirates required them to use the same Confirmation number which Expedia kept stating it was "not allowed" until I reached corporate who was extremely helpful and took care of everything immediately while working with Emirates. She knew what to do and how to do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.