Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ek mle-nyc 101 ow / 141 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Ek mle-nyc 101 ow / 141 rt

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by krazykanuck

Hopefully this all gets sorted without too much hassle.
Didn't Trump say the same thing this morning?
Old May 18, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jaymar01
^^^
Old May 18, 2017, 9:43 pm

I couldn't find any cheap positioning flight/reward so I canceled mine on Expedia at 7:35PM EST and I got cancellation confirmation email.
Old May 18, 2017, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I feel bad for those that booked RT that TPG posted since they will now have one way ticket to MLE and no way home
Old May 18, 2017, 10:20 pm
Suspended

Those who are trying to get refunds, isn't the easiest thing to do just to file a chargeback with cc since the provider didn't complete their end of the deal?
Old May 18, 2017, 10:25 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Ivar's Carte Clam, Taco Time Loyalty Card
Originally Posted by jaymar01
Classic post! ^^^^
Old May 19, 2017, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I booked directly through Emirates.com and mine is still intact... weird they would cancel Orbitz tickets before their own.
same here.
Old May 19, 2017, 7:42 am

Called EK to cancel one of my 2 tickets (MLE-JFK). Here are some data points from my side so far

The Bad

1) Emirates is aware of the mistake.
2) Rep said tix will be cancelled (and that refund will be provided but I'd take that with a grain of salt)
3) I was able to pull up the info on the website yesterday morning but when I checked later in the evening I got the "Sorry, the booking reference you provided doesn`t have an itinerary. Please call your local Emirates office for assistance." error message.

The Good

1) Still no cancellation email. That's about it!
Old May 19, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
Has anyone's CC txn actually posted? Mine's still pending.
Old May 19, 2017, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by CDKing
I feel bad for those that booked RT that TPG posted since they will now have one way ticket to MLE and no way home
this is a big mess. i am in that boat and its not funny. on the line with expedia for 80 minutes now and its been over 24 hours.
Old May 19, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by mahdego
this is a big mess. i am in that boat and its not funny. on the line with expedia for 80 minutes now and its been over 24 hours.
Wow. Very irresponsible blogging. Best of luck to you.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by mahdego
I glanced over but couldn't find it– what was it that he recommended doing?
Old May 19, 2017, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by ga8riel
I glanced over but couldn't find it– what was it that he recommended doing?
There were a couple of blogs that claimed something along the lines of, "Maldives for $500 round-trip". When in reality it was booking an Aeroflot one way for $400 from NY to Male, and then the Emirates error fare in return.

I can't tell now if any of the OTAs were booking it all as one ticket (in that case I would imagine that a cancellation of one flight would allow free cancellation of all) or booking as two separate one way tickets (as Google Flights sometimes suggests doing).

I ended up canceling mine late yesterday as the reports of EK not honoring the tickets started to roll in.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by BlueEngineer
There were a couple of blogs that claimed something along the lines of, "Maldives for $500 round-trip". When in reality it was booking an Aeroflot one way for $400 from NY to Male, and then the Emirates error fare in return.

I can't tell now if any of the OTAs were booking it all as one ticket (in that case I would imagine that a cancellation of one flight would allow free cancellation of all) or booking as two separate one way tickets (as Google Flights sometimes suggests doing).

I ended up canceling mine late yesterday as the reports of EK not honoring the tickets started to roll in.
Gotcha. Good luck!
Old May 19, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Priceline - received a cancellation email a few minutes ago with confirmation that Emirates will be refunding all tickets in full.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.