Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ek mle-nyc 101 ow / 141 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Ek mle-nyc 101 ow / 141 rt

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 1:58 pm

Booked through emirates.com. Just received an email saying it has been canceled and full refund coming.

Dear single_flyer,
We are contacting you regarding your upcoming airline reservation, trip number XXXXXXXXXXX

We were notified recently by Emirates of a fare filing issue which resulted in invalid fares being ticketed for certain markets. Due to this airline fare filing issue, Emirates has cancelled your itinerary for travel on Emirates and invalidated your airline ticket(s).

Emirates is currently in the process of refunding all impacted tickets in full. The airline will refund the full purchase price to your original form of payment.

If you require additional assistance, please contact Emirates directly at 1-800-777-3999. Or you can contact us at 1-800-774-2354

We regret any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding regarding this airline fare filing issue.

Best Regards,

The Customer Care Team
Old May 19, 2017, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Booked through emirates.com. Just received an email saying it has been canceled and full refund coming.
Haven't gotten that yet. Hopefully will.
Old May 19, 2017, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by ga8riel
I glanced over but couldn't find it– what was it that he recommended doing?
took 2.5 hours but expedia finally agreed to refund me for the Aeroflot outbound tickets I got. I see emirates stated to those that booked will get full refunds... but I wonder if they are taking note of those that did USA-MLE. because their notice of cancellations were way later than 24 hours.
Old May 19, 2017, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by mahdego
took 2.5 hours but expedia finally agreed to refund me for the Aeroflot outbound tickets I got. I see emirates stated to those that booked will get full refunds... but I wonder if they are taking note of those that did USA-MLE. because their notice of cancellations were way later than 24 hours.
I don't see many comments on the TPG site posting. i put a warning comment but not sure if anyone saw it. I didn't get any facebook notifications of replies on that either. Some will be in shock later.
Old May 19, 2017, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
I don't see many comments on the TPG site posting. i put a warning comment but not sure if anyone saw it. I didn't get any facebook notifications of replies on that either. Some will be in shock later.
I agree. I am surprised more people didn't buy or aren't saying anything. the sooner they resolve their refund, the better.
Old May 19, 2017, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Quail
Priceline - received a cancellation email a few minutes ago with confirmation that Emirates will be refunding all tickets in full.
I got the same email, though I had already proactively called priceline and got the cancellation and refund confirmed within the 24 hr window.
Old May 20, 2017, 6:12 am

I booked two of these. One direct, as flex. I haven't heard anything yet....

The other I booked via CheapOAir. They refunded me AND charged $75/person cancellation fee. Spent 2 hours on the phone/hold with them to resolve and they eventually hung up on me. Disputing w cc. I suggest no one book via them. ��

Last edited by FlyerJudd; May 21, 2017 at 10:36 am
Old May 20, 2017, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by FlyerJudd
The other I booked via CheapOAir. They refunded me AND charged $75/person cancellation fee. Spent 2 hours on the phone/hold with them to resolve and they eventually hung up on me. Disputing w cc. I suggest no one book via them. 👎
NEVER book with Cheapoair. Terrible service and policy. You get 24 hours to cancel BUT you have to pay $75 to cancel. Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline all let you cancel within 24 hours for no fee. http://singleflyer.com/2017/04/06/ch...ncelation-fee/

With that said, considering it was the AIRLINE that canceled your ticket, Cheapoair 100% should refund you the ticket price and not even consider charging you a fee. Terrible.
Old May 20, 2017, 2:00 pm

NEVER book with Cheapoair. Terrible service and policy. You get 24 hours to cancel BUT you have to pay $75 to cancel. Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline all let you cancel within 24 hours for no fee. http://singleflyer.com/2017/04/06/ch...ncelation-fee/

With that said, considering it was the AIRLINE that canceled your ticket, Cheapoair 100% should refund you the ticket price and not even consider charging you a fee. Terrible.
I booked through them as well, I got them to lower the fee to $30 which I will be disputing with my credit card. The terms on their page are somewhat unclear so I am hoping that is enough for the dispute to go through.
Old May 21, 2017, 5:55 pm

Yep. CheapO refused to credit me so I charged them back. I will NEVER use them again.

Tried to manage my status on Emirates booking today - itinerary not found. I guess that ones dead too. Oh well, would have been a fun trip.
Old May 21, 2017, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
No refund from Emirates or email yet. I thought all refunds would come through automatically? My txn posted. I guess I gotta call them tomkrrow
Old May 21, 2017, 11:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I didn't get an e-mail from Emirates either, but I filled out the online form for refunds. Hopefully that comes through automatically.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:43 am

Filed a complaint to USDOT and received the following response:

"This responds to your communication regarding Emirates Airlines. The U.S. Department of Transportation seeks to ensure that all airline passengers are treated fairly. Complaints from consumers are helpful to us in determining whether the airlines are in compliance with our rules and to track trends or spot areas of concern that warrant further action.

Based on the information you have provided, your complaint appears to fall under the Department's rules. We will forward your complaint to the airline and ask the company to respond directly to you with a copy to us. Airlines are required to acknowledge receipt of a consumer complaint within 30 days and provide a substantive response to the complainant within 60 days. We will review the airline's response. If you need to contact our analyst assigned to your case, you may leave a telephone message on our Aviation Consumer line, 202-366-2220, or send an email to [email protected]. Please include your name and case number (see above). We will make every effort to reply to your message within one business day."
Old May 22, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
Great idea. What was the main point of the letter? Get them to honor the fee or have you been having issues with the refund?

Originally Posted by phatjoe
Filed a complaint to USDOT and received the following response:

"This responds to your communication regarding Emirates Airlines. The U.S. Department of Transportation seeks to ensure that all airline passengers are treated fairly. Complaints from consumers are helpful to us in determining whether the airlines are in compliance with our rules and to track trends or spot areas of concern that warrant further action.

Based on the information you have provided, your complaint appears to fall under the Department's rules. We will forward your complaint to the airline and ask the company to respond directly to you with a copy to us. Airlines are required to acknowledge receipt of a consumer complaint within 30 days and provide a substantive response to the complainant within 60 days. We will review the airline's response. If you need to contact our analyst assigned to your case, you may leave a telephone message on our Aviation Consumer line, 202-366-2220, or send an email to [email protected]. Please include your name and case number (see above). We will make every effort to reply to your message within one business day."
Old May 22, 2017, 11:26 am

The complaint was regarding honoring the fee. I did not mention issues with the refund. I guess that will be a separate complaint.

Originally Posted by ga8riel
Great idea. What was the main point of the letter? Get them to honor the fee or have you been having issues with the refund?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.