Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ek mle-nyc 101 ow / 141 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Ek mle-nyc 101 ow / 141 rt

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 5:02 pm

If you booked two tickets (like I did) and want to cancel one, give them a call. They will cancel it. Apparently an email was sent out to all Emirates employees saying this fare is invalid and the ticket can be refunded with no penalty.

They did say I was required to fill out a form online, which I did. But the rep said there would be no fee for cancelation and noted it on the reservation...

I kept the one I actually want intact but refunded my other one (that I don't want to fly) in the off chance that it is honored.

Yeah, I know... never call. At this point I don't think that rule applies... clearly Emirates knows about this.
Old May 18, 2017, 6:12 pm

My 2 Orbitz tickets still good and added seat choices this morning no charge. MLE-FLL. CSR showing 05/17/2017 Pending Emirates $289.24.

Last edited by MandMstuff; May 18, 2017 at 6:14 pm Reason: update
Old May 18, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: oneworld *A,Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by ncncyoo
Booked MLE-FRA for $65 , not sure will make any difference book direct or third party website.
Book direct and choose seat online . E-tkt issued 6 hrs later . Hope evervything go smooth. Thanks op for the information.^
Old May 18, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Just got my cancellation email from Orbitz. Oh well. Hope they will credit the charges back to my CC.

Dear Orbitz.com Traveler,

Emirates made the following change(s) to your itinerary:

* Cancelled 2 of your flights
Old May 18, 2017, 7:26 pm

My expedia one just got canceled. No email from my directly-booked ones yet, though.
Old May 18, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
If you booked direct with Emirates, try and pull up your res on their site. Mine says no itinerary now.
Old May 18, 2017, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
If you booked direct with Emirates, try and pull up your res on their site. Mine says no itinerary now.
Yep, mine disappeared within the last hour
Old May 18, 2017, 7:42 pm

On the phone with Orbitz now. They are telling me that EK only issuing travel voucher for future travel and NOT refund to my CC. I told the agent that I am within the 24 hour cancellation period and should get a full refund. The agent is contacting her supervisor to see what can be done.
Old May 18, 2017, 7:43 pm

Mine has also disappeared on the EK site.

Do we wait for a cancellation email?
or attempt to call our credit card company for the reversal?
Old May 18, 2017, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Yep, mine disappeared within the last hour
Same. "Sorry, the booking reference you provided doesn`t have an itinerary. Please call your local Emirates office for assistance."

Also, I had the AS segments on my alaskaair account, and they also disappeared sometime in the last hour.

Hopefully EK would at least send a cancellation email and perhaps a 10% off coupon or a few miles.

Last edited by novocane; May 18, 2017 at 7:59 pm
Old May 18, 2017, 7:47 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Already spoke with Emirates. They told me to fill out this form and it is 100% refundable.

https://www.emirates.com/mv/english/...hanges/refunds
Old May 18, 2017, 7:51 pm

Already spoke with Emirates. They told me to fill out this form and it is 100% refundable.

I don't like this wording "The refund amount you’re due is outlined in the Fare conditions given to you when you made the booking."

I'd be tempted to just open a dispute with my CC company if Emirates does not automatically issue a refund within a week or so.
Old May 18, 2017, 7:53 pm

It only applies to tickets bought on EK website per this verbiage in the form:

"If a travel agent booked your ticket, please contact that travel agent for a refund."
Old May 18, 2017, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by aglp2k
On the phone with Orbitz now. They are telling me that EK only issuing travel voucher for future travel and NOT refund to my CC. I told the agent that I am within the 24 hour cancellation period and should get a full refund. The agent is contacting her supervisor to see what can be done.
Got off the phone with the supervisor and he manually voided the itinerary and issued credit to my CC since I am within the 24 hour cancellation period.

You may want to call and cancel to get the credit before the 24 hour period expires to save from any hassles.
Old May 18, 2017, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
My priceline booking appears to have been cancelled since I get this on the EK website:

"Sorry, the booking reference you provided doesn`t have an itinerary. Please call your local Emirates office for assistance."

Then when I went to Priceline to cancel my flight (since within 24 hrs) it says "Sorry your cancellation cannot be completed at this time"

Hopefully this all gets sorted without too much hassle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.