Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ek mle-nyc 101 ow / 141 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Ek mle-nyc 101 ow / 141 rt

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
How's everyone coming along with positioning flights? The only decent itinerary I found besides usa-dxb-mle is with condor via fra as they fly direct.

Im avoiding IST, SIN and SVO and KUL. Any other suggestions?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Gold; PC Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ga8riel
How's everyone coming along with positioning flights? The only decent itinerary I found besides usa-dxb-mle is with condor via fra as they fly direct.

I was able to book JFK-AUH-MLE in EY J with AAdvantage miles. (Shared my booking experience data point here as well: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28375692-post2793.html)
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:22 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by ga8riel

The Maldives severed diplomatic relations with Qatar today as part of the GCC drama. Avoid Doha - I don't have issues with the other airports except SVO.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:26 am

What's the reason for avoid SVO? weather or politics issues? my flight is going through there with 10 hrs layover. sux.

thanx.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Clar
What's the reason for avoid SVO? weather or politics issues? my flight is going through there with 10 hrs layover. sux.
i don't want to go too far off-topic but i recently stayed in the airside hotel at SVO -- def not luxury by any means but if it's 10 hours overnight, it's def worth it, imho. http://www.v-exp.ru/en/ (the "terminal e" option)
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
Originally Posted by Clar

thanx.
All cnxs through there were super long like that, and also politics...would just rather avoid that air space atm.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:10 am

thanks for quick reply. 10 hrs layover is a day time one for me. wanted to go take a picture of that red square and have lunch near by, but didn't want to mess with transit visa(heard they won't give unless it's 24+ hrs) and potential weather issue. I also dont know if they just give me any temp visa for < 24 hrs. Might be safer just stay on the air side so i dont have to mess with any potential issues exiting that country.

i bought the round trip tix (JFK-SVO-MLE / MLE-DBX-JFK) after reading blogs but too late to cancel the whole things since emirates re-instated my tickets.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: O6*G, Delta Silver, Air Berlin Silver, Marriott Gold, A|Club Gold, SPG Gold, AMEX Platinum
I received a credit card refund from Emirates last week from my Priceline purchased MLE-BTV ticket after it was previously reinstated (without needing to call) a couple weeks prior. My ticket is still intact on the Emirates websites and agents saw it as ticketed when I called in. Is it possible that my ticket is still intact, but that Priceline refunded the amount paid accidently? I don’t want to arrive in MLE and find out that I have no ticket back. Suggestions?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:35 am

canceled ... again

I received another email from Priceline last night that said, "We have received notification from your airline that your reservation has been changed according to your request, or has been cancelled due to day-of-travel flight cancellation or traveler no-show." (Same email I received on May 20 after Emirates initially cancelled these tickets.) As of 2 days ago, the booking was still active on emirates - it's gone now.

Called Emirates and they said Priceline requested the cancellation.

Called Priceline and supervisor there told me Emirates never informed Priceline that the fares were being reinstated, so they just continued to process the refund. They are supposedly reaching out to Emirates for more info.

Any thoughts on how to proceed? I booked a hotel once Emirates announced that they'd be honoring the fares.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: O6*G, Delta Silver, Air Berlin Silver, Marriott Gold, A|Club Gold, SPG Gold, AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by bdtorp
I received another email from Priceline last night that said, "We have received notification from your airline that your reservation has been changed according to your request, or has been cancelled due to day-of-travel flight cancellation or traveler no-show." (Same email I received on May 20 after Emirates initially cancelled these tickets.) As of 2 days ago, the booking was still active on emirates - it's gone now.

Called Emirates and they said Priceline requested the cancellation.

Called Priceline and supervisor there told me Emirates never informed Priceline that the fares were being reinstated, so they just continued to process the refund. They are supposedly reaching out to Emirates for more info.

Any thoughts on how to proceed? I booked a hotel once Emirates announced that they'd be honoring the fares.
We are in the exact same situation. Received a Priceline cancellation email today and booking is no longer visible on the Emirates site. Will call Emirates to see what can be done. From reading other messages in the thread, it seems that Priceline may have to call into the agents line to reinstate.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by thunder007
We are in the exact same situation. Received a Priceline cancellation email today and booking is no longer visible on the Emirates site. Will call Emirates to see what can be done. From reading other messages in the thread, it seems that Priceline may have to call into the agents line to reinstate.
Don't bother calling Priceline. You'll waste your time. After many hours on the phone with Priceline, I was told that the account team of Priceline discussed with Emirates account team on a call, and decided against reinstating any tickets, to avoid accounting/legal issues and confusion. This is because they already sent out a cancellation and refund email prior to Emirate's decision to reinstate the reservations, which means they have no recourse but to cancel and refund everyone who booked on Priceline.

In the future do not book error fare with Priceline. If possible always book directly with the airline.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by ncben
Don't bother calling Priceline. You'll waste your time. After many hours on the phone with Priceline, I was told that the account team of Priceline discussed with Emirates account team on a call, and decided against reinstating any tickets, to avoid accounting/legal issues and confusion. This is because they already sent out a cancellation and refund email prior to Emirate's decision to reinstate the reservations, which means they have no recourse but to cancel and refund everyone who booked on Priceline.

In the future do not book error fare with Priceline. If possible always book directly with the airline.
Thanks for the info. So you weren't able to get them to reinstated? No luck in trying to deal with Emirates either?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by bdtorp
Thanks for the info. So you weren't able to get them to reinstated? No luck in trying to deal with Emirates either?
No luck after many attempts. Emirates would only refer me back to Priceline, as they don't have control over the ticket.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:54 am

I booked one of these with cheapoair. I cancelled same day with cheapoair (which then charged me a cancellation fee of $75/ticket. Separate issue.). A week or so ago, I got an email from Emirates saying that they reinstated my tickets. So right now I have two tickets on Emirates that I never paid for. ???

(I'm not going to use, so will contact them at future date to clear up.)
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:25 am

Tried to ask Cheapoair to refund me the day Emirate cancelled the ticket but they just keep stalling, says they tried to contact airline but unable to refund. Pissed me off. I'm planning to go elsewhere and dont wanna go to MLE but can't until I get this mess settled.

Originally Posted by FlyerJudd
I booked one of these with cheapoair. I cancelled same day with cheapoair (which then charged me a cancellation fee of $75/ticket. Separate issue.). A week or so ago, I got an email from Emirates saying that they reinstated my tickets. So right now I have two tickets on Emirates that I never paid for. ???

(I'm not going to use, so will contact them at future date to clear up.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.