Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: melrowgo
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
Ok wow I totally messed up my tracking spreadsheet and put in that I need to earn a total of 60,000 EQMs when it should have been 50,000 miles. So I only need 4,013 EQM. But still need the $1,468 EQD.

Maybe a weekend transcon in F or a weekend trip to Paris or London?
How about a trip to ANC in J?

Regarding ICN, you'd just stay airside. I think the return is on the same plane but I could be wrong.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by swingaling
How about a trip to ANC in J?

Regarding ICN, you'd just stay airside. I think the return is on the same plane but I could be wrong.
ANC in j would be fine. What dates and routing?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:02 pm

ANC in j would be fine. What dates and routing?
ORD-SEA-ANC (rt) on AS in J for $1,223 | 1,900 EQD | 9,500 EQM

Different dates/times are also available.

Edit: Corrected to ORD.

Last edited by swingaling; Oct 30, 2017 at 6:20 pm
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond
First time posting in the forum; sorry if I'm not following total protocols.

Trying to hang onto Gold (I almost exclusively travel domestically, but next year has the potential for international travel, plus my honeymoon, hence why holding on to status will be useful). Oddly enough, I just need four segments to requalify -- I'm going to blow past the dollar spend requirement without even trying, due to some last minute bookings to LA.

Departure airport: DCA, BWI, IAD (in preference order)
Segments needed: 4
Spend or budget: As cheap as possible
Travel dates: Flexible. Weekends preferred, but could do a full-day run and take one day off of work.

Thanks all!
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by nporban
First time posting in the forum; sorry if I'm not following total protocols.

Trying to hang onto Gold (I almost exclusively travel domestically, but next year has the potential for international travel, plus my honeymoon, hence why holding on to status will be useful). Oddly enough, I just need four segments to requalify -- I'm going to blow past the dollar spend requirement without even trying, due to some last minute bookings to LA.

Departure airport: DCA, BWI, IAD (in preference order)
Segments needed: 4
Spend or budget: As cheap as possible
Travel dates: Flexible. Weekends preferred, but could do a full-day run and take one day off of work.

Thanks all!
If you can be gone midweek, you can do a 4 segment one day turnaround DCA-MCO-CLT-PHL-DCA for $114.
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...AA;mp=200;eo=e
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: AA Exp
Good morning all. Long time reader, first time post and thank you in advance for the help. Need an additional 9,100 EQM's to obtain EXP for the first time.

Departure Airport: DFW
Miles Needed: 9,100
Required Spend or Budget: like to keep it under/near $1,000; EQD requirement already met
Available Travel Dates: Nov 11/12 or Nov 24/25
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA

Prefer to make this happen in one trip with a quick turn in A, D, I, R, F or J if possible; not sure the budget will allow this. Otherwise as painless as possible!

I appreciate the help. Thanks!

Last edited by charlie r jones; Oct 31, 2017 at 2:14 pm Reason: updated travel dates
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Hertz Gold 5*
Originally Posted by charlie r jones
Good morning all. Long time reader, first time post and thank you in advance for the help. Need an additional 9,100 EQM's to obtain EXP for the first time.

Departure Airport: DFW
Miles Needed: 9,100
Required Spend or Budget: like to keep it under/near $1,000; EQD requirement already met
Available Travel Dates: flexible, weekends b/w now and year end, could include a Friday if needed; not Thanksgiving
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA

Prefer to make this happen in one trip with a quick turn in A, D, I, R, F or J if possible; not sure the budget will allow this. Otherwise as painless as possible!

I appreciate the help. Thanks!
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...c=f;a=ONEWORLD

It's not painless but meets all other criteria.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Can someone tell me how many AA EQMs and EQDs this itin will earn? The flight is operated by Virgin but would be booked through Alaska.

Total distance is 3,682 miles, P Fare. Total base fare is $714.

https://goo.gl/flights/LWEn
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Hertz Gold 5*
Can someone tell me how many AA EQMs and EQDs this itin will earn? The flight is operated by Virgin but would be booked through Alaska.

I don't think it will earn anything on AA because it's not marketed [I]and[I] operated by Alaska. If it does earn then it would be about $1104 EQD and EQM would be about 5523

Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by PDXAA

It's not painless but meets all other criteria.

Thank you PDXAA, very much appreciated. I have been informed that my travel dates are now limited to Nov 11-12 and/or Nov 24-25. Any other magic tricks up your sleeve? Thanks again as I may be able to modify the above schedule if nothing 'less painless' comes available.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 1:33 pm

Zero. AS flights only earn AA miles if operated by AS. I realize AS owns VX, but they are still separate entities.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by charlie r jones
Thank you PDXAA, very much appreciated. I have been informed that my travel dates are now limited to Nov 11-12 and/or Nov 24-25. Any other magic tricks up your sleeve? Thanks again as I may be able to modify the above schedule if nothing 'less painless' comes available.
DFW-MIA-SAL (rt) on AA in J for $679 | 8,500 EQM

Or, if you don't mind a 6hr overnight stop in Kansas City, then it can be done in a single trip.

DFW-MIA-SAP//SAP-MIA-MCI-DFW on AA in J for $733 | 9,200 EQM
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:07 pm

Deleted
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by swingaling
Zero. AS flights only earn AA miles if operated by AS. I realize AS owns VX, but they are still separate entities.
Ok so if I find AS operated and marketed flights that I purchase through AS then I will earn EQDs and EQMs? Like this one? https://goo.gl/flights/Xnty

It should earn $1,032 EQDs right?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:23 pm

Ok so if I find AS operated and marketed flights that I purchase through AS then I will earn EQDs and EQMs? Like this one? https://goo.gl/flights/Xnty

It should earn $1,032 EQDs right?
The EQD calculation looks correct to me. Any flight operated and marketed by AS (excluding flights to/from DAL) will qualify. That particular flight works just fine.

That said, it doesn't matter where you buy it. You can purchase it from AS directly or from a travel agent (or OTA). It will earn the same regardless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.