Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] PAL business class: Bali - Manila - London ~355€

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:11 am
Original Poster

I was just planning my trip to Asia and found this one way fare DPS-MNL-LHR Yoy can have this fare for flights departing on mondays, wednesdays and saturdays... https://goo.gl/8O5SzP
And here is some info about PAL business class http://goo.gl/htDbrQ
Old Jul 2, 2016, 6:51 am

Thank you, very nice fare. I can't bring it up on the PAL site, but it's bookable on e.g. expedia. 7h layover in MNL, but free stopovers allowed (didn't try it though).
Old Jul 2, 2016, 7:43 am

Awesome fare, thanks OP ^. Tried r/t but doesn't work. Books in C class & I believe you can credit to NH 125% or EY 150%.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 7:52 am

Thanks OP, a good fare.
I tried booking (19 Sep) on the PAL website but it said no availability, so I booked on Orbitz - US$393.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 8:50 am

Ouch. The longhaul MNL-LHR leg is on one of those old A340 cradle seats - not even lie flat!
Old Jul 2, 2016, 9:51 am

C fare - Fully refundable and stopovers no problem. The 1:30am flight dept time from DPS is a pain though.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Ouch. The longhaul MNL-LHR leg is on one of those old A340 cradle seats - not even lie flat!
Well, still better than in Y anytime! at this price
Old Jul 2, 2016, 10:16 am

Nice fare, have to get back from Manila to Europe in November or so. So I might hop on a LCC and stay in Bali for a few days first.

Does anyone of you have an idea till when that fare will be bookable ?

Edit:

Just tried to book on the PAL website. I used a multi city booking with both legs on the same date, doesn't work as a regular one-way as it shows you that there are no direct flights. Total price: 5.177.300 IDR.

And by the way, thanks for sharing, Rannila.

Last edited by Dani289; Jul 2, 2016 at 1:28 pm
Old Jul 2, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Thanks OP!

Exactly what I was looking for to get back home after my outbound (JAL first class!) award flight!

(also available during the Christmas / New Year period)
Old Jul 2, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Gold, Le Club des Actionnaires
Thanks, a very good price. Now all I need is a ticket from southern india / CMB to DPS in january...
Old Jul 2, 2016, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thanks.

It just so happens I needed to go from Bali to London in September and can now cancel my award flights via HKG. (once the e-ticket is confirmed and assuming nobody reports tickets being cancelled unilaterally by PR)

I booked via Expedia in case PR gets frisky on the mistake fare. I couldn't get a stopover to price properly though, as I might have been inclined to go check out the new Conrad hotel in Manila.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 5:00 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Thanks for sharing OP ^
Now I just need a ticket from CGK-DPS.

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Thanks.

It just so happens I needed to go from Bali to London in September and can now cancel my award flights via HKG. (once the e-ticket is confirmed and assuming nobody reports tickets being cancelled unilaterally by PR)

I booked via Expedia in case PR gets frisky on the mistake fare. I couldn't get a stopover to price properly though, as I might have been inclined to go check out the new Conrad hotel in Manila.
I'm a little confused-- Do you mean that by booking through Expedia, they are less likely to cancel than if you book directly through the airline website?

Like you, I wasn't able to get a stopover priced properly.

I booked through Orbitz via mrrebates for the $3.94 and $3 cash back respectively.

Now I'm confused on where to credit the miles as all 3 options are equally bad. 12k miles won't be enough for CGK-MNL redemption through Mabuhay. The 10k ish miles won't get me anywhere from CGK on EY. The 10k ish miles if credited to ANA won't even be enough for a $100 Amazon gift card.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hightide

I'm a little confused-- Do you mean that by booking through Expedia, they are less likely to cancel than if you book directly through the airline website?
It's not a hard and fast rule, but having Expedia in between should help a little bit. I'd rather talk to Expedia instead of PG in the event my ticket is cancelled close to departure.

I also avoid paying in INR and giving my credit card details to PG which isn't really a big deal, but saves any hassle with having to dispute charges or a dodgy looking charge from the Philippines.

Originally Posted by hightide

Like you, I wasn't able to get a stopover priced properly.

I booked through Orbitz via mrrebates for the $3.94 and $3 cash back respectively.

Now I'm confused on where to credit the miles as all 3 options are equally bad. 12k miles won't be enough for CGK-MNL redemption through Mabuhay. The 10k ish miles won't get me anywhere from CGK on EY. The 10k ish miles if credited to ANA won't even be enough for a $100 Amazon gift card.
ANA for sure. I save 10K SPG points that I otherwise would have moved to ANA pre-merger.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 8:03 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Looks like its gone
Old Jul 2, 2016, 8:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by davistev
Looks like its gone
still available on expedia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.