Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] PAL business class: Bali - Manila - London ~355€

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] PAL business class: Bali - Manila - London ~355€

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2016, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by in2it54
As for a private forum, from a blog viewpoint, it simply will not work. A couple of blog writers that I am aware of have a "post count" greater than most of us. They are experienced and aged.
Perhaps we need a forum for those who 1) have >X posts and 2) have been a member for >X years and 3) agree not to blog about said fares? I like the idea but unfortunately it will never happen on flyertalk.com
Old Jul 9, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA EP, TAM Platinum, Hhonors Diamond
did u guys realize that Ben, posted it at Onemileatatime in the first day of the fare?
Old Jul 10, 2016, 6:37 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Amen. FT gets less and less fares posted anyway, so at some point there will be nothing to call the airline for
The reason is because when it get posted here, it is gone within a few hours or not honoured anymore due to the number of tickets booked.
I have seen this decrease in the number of such fares since I joined > 5 years ago.

Also in this age of blogs, everyone trying to be "travel experts" via their own website, travel heros on who can post the most "interesting fare", this does not help.

As I have mentioned sometime ago when we had this type of discussion, this website has just become it's own victim of success. I am sure now all major airlines in the western world (and OTA) have someone hired to monitor the posts here.

This is also why on the other infamous trick-it thread, a lot of posters don't like it because they can't figure things out easily - of course not the in the best spirit, but understandable to prevent all loopholes closed.

That's why I think the best way to avoid further deterioration, I do hope that the moderators will think seriously to vet new members or recently new members joining this particular forum.

Cheers!
Old Jul 10, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Nando De Marchi
did u guys realize that Ben, posted it at Onemileatatime in the first day of the fare?
Ben is only interested in one thing at a time..... himself, i have a solution to this issue, a joining fee to subscribe to particular forums, that should weed out the riff-raff
Old Jul 10, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by dfs24
For those who insist on calling for their seats, come on. At this price, you should contend with the lousiest seat in the house and if there are still seats left, ask for a better one at the airport.

Because an airline can cancel an error fare ANYTIME they fancy. So calling to check really does not do much and you are pretty much safe only AFTER you have flown.
Completely agree. Especially with more and more airlines adding into their T&Cs that what a single reservation agent tells you is not binding on the corporation...thus, what is the point of "confirming" your reservation, besides calling unnecessary scrutiny to both your particular reservation, as well as to the fare itself.

If you decide to participate in an error fare (I have), you will have to rely on local consumer protections (if they exist). And if they don't, that is why you should book slightly more expensive flexible hotel rooms, etc., just in case. After all, you got a steal on the flight, what's 10-15% more on the hotel rooms?

And yes, agree on the seats too. Select online, or wait some time to select them. Who cares about which seat you get at this price? You would be lucky that the agent didn't note in your PNR that your fare was so low, that you should be one of the first downgraded if necessary. Then you'll really enjoy the seat you get (and probably deserved, if this happens, too).
Old Jul 10, 2016, 6:51 pm

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
So, enough of the griping.

Has anyone flown this fare yet ? Is anyone about to fly it ?
Did you fly as booked ?
What was you reception by Philippine Airlines staff like ?
How were the planes and lounges ?

Anyone want to (loosely) volunteer their journey date ? I'm not booked until May next year. I was trying to hang out to June next year, but the Fare never rolled into that calendar month.

Also, I'm trying to get a handle on the A340 Biz seating. Websites show that the PR 346's used on the LHR route have 36 Biz seats. When you look at Seat Guru it provides seating plans for 346 V1, V2 and V3. From recall, I think it was the V2 that had the 36 Biz seats. This 36 floorplan shows galley/island/WC's between Row 5 and Row 6.
Can anyone confirm if this layout is correct ?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Their A343s are ex-Iberia with the same interior kept. So yes the version you identified is right.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:14 am

Programs: Croatia FlyOnline Buy 5 Get 1 Free
Won't be able to use mine; just cancelled via Expedia and heard it'll be 7-8 weeks before I see my refund! Very disappointed - intuitively, I'd think stuff like this *should* take a week or two at the longest. It's my first time cancelling a flight booked on an OTA; is this a normal waiting time, or are other OTA's faster at refunding?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 9:22 am
AHO

Originally Posted by davidvc
Won't be able to use mine; just cancelled via Expedia and heard it'll be 7-8 weeks before I see my refund! Very disappointed - intuitively, I'd think stuff like this *should* take a week or two at the longest. It's my first time cancelling a flight booked on an OTA; is this a normal waiting time, or are other OTA's faster at refunding?
OTA won't refund you unless they have got money back from the airline, so it depends on how fast the airlines refunds the money to the OTA.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by chocobill
Thanks, that worked!
Did not work for me...anyone else had success with this?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 10:35 am
AHO

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Did not work for me...anyone else had success with this?
The fare is gone (more precisely, it has been corrected to much higher price).
Old Jul 12, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by AHO
The fare is gone (more precisely, it has been corrected to much higher price).
Sorry I have meant with the seat assigment via tripcase. Neither tripcase nor virtuallythere is working for me.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Would you like to at least provide some details so that we can help you?

No need for personal details/trip details but at least
Booking channel: OTA, Airline Direct?
PNR: How many PNR did you see on your confirmation email
Link booking function: What exactly was the error message? Did you try all the PNRs?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:24 pm

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
Just as a data point for Tripcase.

You must have some problem with your input data. The linking process will work if your data is correct. I linked Vayama OTA to PR PNR - seat allocation was revealed.
The website does offer a Support facility from within the site.
It worked fine for me. Thankyou dfs24
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
https://twitter.com/fotograaf/status/757794671162634240

The old Iberia plane set-up looks even worse than I thought, but I assume Bart took advantage of the mistake fare and he made it to London...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.