Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] PAL business class: Bali - Manila - London ~355€

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] PAL business class: Bali - Manila - London ~355€

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Yes, gone. Thanks to the OP!
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Numb3rs
Couldn't you just change the dates as it's flexible fare?
No. If you change before the outbound is flown the fare is repriced to the current fare available.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA ExecPlat, TK Elite
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Don't Call the Airline!

Assuming this is indeed a mistake fare (although I can't see how it wouldn't be), it should be pulled in due course. After that, and once you have an e-ticket number, it should be ok to call PR for a seat assignment. Hopefully enough FT-ers have booked so that we can get some data points on whether the bookings will be honoured.

BTW, I'm booked for September and seem to have been pre-assigned an aisle in the middle block, so maybe you've gotten lucky as well.
How did you find out that you have an assigned seat? I can't pull up my PNR on the PR website.

I know th drill regarding not calling the airline, but I also want to ensure an aisle seat in the middle, so nobody is going to climb over me.

Is anyone flying before mid-august?
When do you guys think it will be safe to call PR to make seat assignments?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: VS, CO, BA
Is it gone?

The fare is still filed but when I try to price it in Galileo it jumps up for over £2k

Last edited by barnstaple; Jul 4, 2016 at 11:55 am
Old Jul 4, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: SQ AA TK
If you want to see what seat you have been assigned, your PR PNR is actually accessible via Sabre.

You cannot go to virtuallythere.com to access it unless you have an email attached to your booking. Most OTA will not forward this information to Sabre.
So you need to use tripcase instead. sign up for an account, create a trip, link a booking, add your PNR and Last name. Retrieve. Viola.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LX64A332
How did you find out that you have an assigned seat? I can't pull up my PNR on the PR website.
When I review my itinerary on Expedia (where I booked) it shows my assigned seats.

I also can't pull up my PNR on PR but will test the other method mentioned.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Pissed I did not book this. Should have jumped on it earlier.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Pissed I did not book this. Should have jumped on it earlier.
You have helped me out in the past.....I should have sent you PM when I found out
Old Jul 4, 2016, 11:01 pm

Programs: AP 75k
Originally Posted by dfs24
If you want to see what seat you have been assigned, your PR PNR is actually accessible via Sabre.

You cannot go to virtuallythere.com to access it unless you have an email attached to your booking. Most OTA will not forward this information to Sabre.
So you need to use tripcase instead. sign up for an account, create a trip, link a booking, add your PNR and Last name. Retrieve. Viola.
Thanks, that worked!
Old Jul 4, 2016, 11:42 pm
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for posting I will try it on my return from Asia
Old Jul 6, 2016, 11:47 pm

Thanks very much to OP. What are the guidelines on calling PAL for seat assignments? Advisable to hold off? Where do you go to find seats on expedia?

Last edited by travellingnewyorker; Jul 7, 2016 at 1:30 am
Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA, KLM, United, Amex, Chase, Hilton
I booked this on Vayama when the ticket was bookable. I'm flying DPS-MNL-LHR, with a 5 hour layover in Manila. At first I thought it was a mistake fare because the price was so low, but not too much later I got an email that my flight was ticketed. I called PA immediately and picked my seats

I didn't know that a stopover was allowed. Now reading through the thread I'm wondering if I should call to extend my layover in Manila to have enough time to sightsee. Will the entire ticket reprice if I do that? Also, can I treat LHR as a stopover? My ultimate destination is NYC, but I tentatively plan on staying in London for a week.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 2:30 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MissMiles
At first I thought it was a mistake fare because the price was so low
It was a mistake fare

Also, can I treat LHR as a stopover? My ultimate destination is NYC, but I tentatively plan on staying in London for a week.
LHR is the termination point, so any travel beyond that will need to be on a separate ticket, making LHR by definition a stopover. You can stay for an hour, or a year...
Old Jul 7, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA, KLM, United, Amex, Chase, Hilton
Originally Posted by Far Siren
LHR is the termination point, so any travel beyond that will need to be on a separate ticket, making LHR by definition a stopover. You can stay for an hour, or a year...
So basically I cannot change LHR as the final destination on this ticket without incurring an additional cost?

Just wondering all this bc it looks like a fully refundable ticket, and I don't usually book fully refundable business class fares.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
So basically I cannot change LHR as the final destination on this ticket without incurring an additional cost?

Just wondering all this bc it looks like a fully refundable ticket, and I don't usually book fully refundable business class fares.
You can't change the final destination of LHR. Moreover, Philippines Airlines don't fly from London to New York so I'm not sure how you would expect to be flown onwards from London. As mentioned, you simply buy another ticket (or use miles) to go wherever you want from London.

This ticket looks like a fully refundable and changeable ticket, but I have previously seen mistake fares where the airline will begrudgingly agree to honour the original fare, as long as the booking is converted to be inflexible.

Personally, I might want to change things to add a stopover in MNL as well, so by all means call PAL and see what they say, then report back here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.