FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] PAL business class: Bali - Manila - London ~355€ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1775699-prem-fare-gone-pal-business-class-bali-manila-london-355-a.html)

Rannila Jul 2, 2016 12:11 am

[PREM FARE GONE] PAL business class: Bali - Manila - London ~355€

I was just planning my trip to Asia and found this one way fare DPS-MNL-LHR Yoy can have this fare for flights departing on mondays, wednesdays and saturdays... https://goo.gl/8O5SzP
And here is some info about PAL business class http://goo.gl/htDbrQ

koroleon Jul 2, 2016 6:51 am

Thank you, very nice fare. I can't bring it up on the PAL site, but it's bookable on e.g. expedia. 7h layover in MNL, but free stopovers allowed (didn't try it though).

mileageking Jul 2, 2016 7:43 am

Awesome fare, thanks OP ^. Tried r/t but doesn't work. Books in C class & I believe you can credit to NH 125% or EY 150%.

HarbourGent Jul 2, 2016 7:52 am

Thanks OP, a good fare.
I tried booking (19 Sep) on the PAL website but it said no availability, so I booked on Orbitz - US$393.

carrotjuice Jul 2, 2016 8:50 am

Ouch. The longhaul MNL-LHR leg is on one of those old A340 cradle seats - not even lie flat!

erik123 Jul 2, 2016 9:51 am

C fare - Fully refundable and stopovers no problem. The 1:30am flight dept time from DPS is a pain though.

SQueeze Jul 2, 2016 9:56 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 26861044)
Ouch. The longhaul MNL-LHR leg is on one of those old A340 cradle seats - not even lie flat!

Well, still better than in Y anytime! at this price

Dani289 Jul 2, 2016 10:16 am

Nice fare, have to get back from Manila to Europe in November or so. So I might hop on a LCC and stay in Bali for a few days first.

Does anyone of you have an idea till when that fare will be bookable ?

Edit:

Just tried to book on the PAL website. I used a multi city booking with both legs on the same date, doesn't work as a regular one-way as it shows you that there are no direct flights. Total price: 5.177.300 IDR.

And by the way, thanks for sharing, Rannila.

gnargel Jul 2, 2016 2:30 pm

Thanks OP!

Exactly what I was looking for to get back home after my outbound (JAL first class!) award flight!

(also available during the Christmas / New Year period)

Nestor Jul 2, 2016 3:46 pm

Thanks, a very good price. Now all I need is a ticket from southern india / CMB to DPS in january...

craigthemif Jul 2, 2016 3:58 pm

Thanks.

It just so happens I needed to go from Bali to London in September :) and can now cancel my award flights via HKG. (once the e-ticket is confirmed and assuming nobody reports tickets being cancelled unilaterally by PR)

I booked via Expedia in case PR gets frisky on the mistake fare. I couldn't get a stopover to price properly though, as I might have been inclined to go check out the new Conrad hotel in Manila.

hightide Jul 2, 2016 5:00 pm

Thanks for sharing OP ^
Now I just need a ticket from CGK-DPS.

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 26862525)
Thanks.

It just so happens I needed to go from Bali to London in September :) and can now cancel my award flights via HKG. (once the e-ticket is confirmed and assuming nobody reports tickets being cancelled unilaterally by PR)

I booked via Expedia in case PR gets frisky on the mistake fare. I couldn't get a stopover to price properly though, as I might have been inclined to go check out the new Conrad hotel in Manila.

I'm a little confused-- Do you mean that by booking through Expedia, they are less likely to cancel than if you book directly through the airline website?

Like you, I wasn't able to get a stopover priced properly.

I booked through Orbitz via mrrebates for the $3.94 and $3 cash back respectively.

Now I'm confused on where to credit the miles as all 3 options are equally bad. 12k miles won't be enough for CGK-MNL redemption through Mabuhay. The 10k ish miles won't get me anywhere from CGK on EY. The 10k ish miles if credited to ANA won't even be enough for a $100 Amazon gift card.

craigthemif Jul 2, 2016 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by hightide (Post 26862747)

I'm a little confused-- Do you mean that by booking through Expedia, they are less likely to cancel than if you book directly through the airline website?

It's not a hard and fast rule, but having Expedia in between should help a little bit. I'd rather talk to Expedia instead of PG in the event my ticket is cancelled close to departure.

I also avoid paying in INR and giving my credit card details to PG which isn't really a big deal, but saves any hassle with having to dispute charges or a dodgy looking charge from the Philippines.

Originally Posted by hightide (Post 26862747)

Like you, I wasn't able to get a stopover priced properly.

I booked through Orbitz via mrrebates for the $3.94 and $3 cash back respectively.

Now I'm confused on where to credit the miles as all 3 options are equally bad. 12k miles won't be enough for CGK-MNL redemption through Mabuhay. The 10k ish miles won't get me anywhere from CGK on EY. The 10k ish miles if credited to ANA won't even be enough for a $100 Amazon gift card.

ANA for sure. I save 10K SPG points that I otherwise would have moved to ANA pre-merger.

davistev Jul 2, 2016 8:03 pm

Looks like its gone

tycosiao Jul 2, 2016 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by davistev (Post 26863105)
Looks like its gone

still available on expedia.