Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] PAL business class: Bali - Manila - London ~355

[PREM FARE GONE] PAL business class: Bali - Manila - London ~355

Reply

Old Jul 2, 16, 1:11 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 14
[PREM FARE GONE] PAL business class: Bali - Manila - London ~355

I was just planning my trip to Asia and found this one way fare DPS-MNL-LHR Yoy can have this fare for flights departing on mondays, wednesdays and saturdays... https://goo.gl/8O5SzP
And here is some info about PAL business class http://goo.gl/htDbrQ
Rannila is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 16, 7:51 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: London
Posts: 871
Thank you, very nice fare. I can't bring it up on the PAL site, but it's bookable on e.g. expedia. 7h layover in MNL, but free stopovers allowed (didn't try it though).
koroleon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 16, 8:43 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,408
Awesome fare, thanks OP . Tried r/t but doesn't work. Books in C class & I believe you can credit to NH 125% or EY 150%.
mileageking is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 16, 8:52 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Programs: CX, NH, KE
Posts: 233
Thanks OP, a good fare.
I tried booking (19 Sep) on the PAL website but it said no availability, so I booked on Orbitz - US$393.
HarbourGent is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 16, 9:50 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 3,151
Ouch. The longhaul MNL-LHR leg is on one of those old A340 cradle seats - not even lie flat!
carrotjuice is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 16, 10:51 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,420
C fare - Fully refundable and stopovers no problem. The 1:30am flight dept time from DPS is a pain though.
erik123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 16, 10:56 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Singapore
Programs: SQ QPP, 9W JP Platinum, VN GL Silver
Posts: 596
Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post
Ouch. The longhaul MNL-LHR leg is on one of those old A340 cradle seats - not even lie flat!
Well, still better than in Y anytime! at this price
SQueeze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 16, 11:16 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 45
Nice fare, have to get back from Manila to Europe in November or so. So I might hop on a LCC and stay in Bali for a few days first.

Does anyone of you have an idea till when that fare will be bookable ?

Edit:

Just tried to book on the PAL website. I used a multi city booking with both legs on the same date, doesn't work as a regular one-way as it shows you that there are no direct flights. Total price: 5.177.300 IDR.

And by the way, thanks for sharing, Rannila.

Last edited by Dani289; Jul 2, 16 at 2:28 pm
Dani289 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 16, 3:30 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Programs: AA Exp
Posts: 631
Thanks OP!

Exactly what I was looking for to get back home after my outbound (JAL first class!) award flight!

(also available during the Christmas / New Year period)
gnargel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 16, 4:46 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Helsinki
Programs: HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Gold, Le Club des Actionnaires
Posts: 126
Thanks, a very good price. Now all I need is a ticket from southern india / CMB to DPS in january...
Nestor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 16, 4:58 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barcelona, London, on a plane
Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 5,880
Thanks.

It just so happens I needed to go from Bali to London in September and can now cancel my award flights via HKG. (once the e-ticket is confirmed and assuming nobody reports tickets being cancelled unilaterally by PR)

I booked via Expedia in case PR gets frisky on the mistake fare. I couldn't get a stopover to price properly though, as I might have been inclined to go check out the new Conrad hotel in Manila.
craigthemif is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 16, 6:00 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Indonesia
Programs: IHG Platinum
Posts: 863
Thanks for sharing OP
Now I just need a ticket from CGK-DPS.


Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
Thanks.

It just so happens I needed to go from Bali to London in September and can now cancel my award flights via HKG. (once the e-ticket is confirmed and assuming nobody reports tickets being cancelled unilaterally by PR)

I booked via Expedia in case PR gets frisky on the mistake fare. I couldn't get a stopover to price properly though, as I might have been inclined to go check out the new Conrad hotel in Manila.
I'm a little confused-- Do you mean that by booking through Expedia, they are less likely to cancel than if you book directly through the airline website?

Like you, I wasn't able to get a stopover priced properly.

I booked through Orbitz via mrrebates for the $3.94 and $3 cash back respectively.

Now I'm confused on where to credit the miles as all 3 options are equally bad. 12k miles won't be enough for CGK-MNL redemption through Mabuhay. The 10k ish miles won't get me anywhere from CGK on EY. The 10k ish miles if credited to ANA won't even be enough for a $100 Amazon gift card.
hightide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 16, 6:34 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barcelona, London, on a plane
Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 5,880
Originally Posted by hightide View Post

I'm a little confused-- Do you mean that by booking through Expedia, they are less likely to cancel than if you book directly through the airline website?
It's not a hard and fast rule, but having Expedia in between should help a little bit. I'd rather talk to Expedia instead of PG in the event my ticket is cancelled close to departure.

I also avoid paying in INR and giving my credit card details to PG which isn't really a big deal, but saves any hassle with having to dispute charges or a dodgy looking charge from the Philippines.

Originally Posted by hightide View Post

Like you, I wasn't able to get a stopover priced properly.

I booked through Orbitz via mrrebates for the $3.94 and $3 cash back respectively.

Now I'm confused on where to credit the miles as all 3 options are equally bad. 12k miles won't be enough for CGK-MNL redemption through Mabuhay. The 10k ish miles won't get me anywhere from CGK on EY. The 10k ish miles if credited to ANA won't even be enough for a $100 Amazon gift card.
ANA for sure. I save 10K SPG points that I otherwise would have moved to ANA pre-merger.
craigthemif is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 16, 9:03 pm
  #14  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Programs: Hilton, IHG, Alaska, ANA, JAL
Posts: 4,317
Looks like its gone
davistev is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 16, 9:26 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Posts: 1,376
Originally Posted by davistev View Post
Looks like its gone
still available on expedia.
tycosiao is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: