FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] PAL business class: Bali - Manila - London ~355€
Old Jul 2, 2016, 5:34 pm
craigthemif
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hightide

I'm a little confused-- Do you mean that by booking through Expedia, they are less likely to cancel than if you book directly through the airline website?
It's not a hard and fast rule, but having Expedia in between should help a little bit. I'd rather talk to Expedia instead of PG in the event my ticket is cancelled close to departure.

I also avoid paying in INR and giving my credit card details to PG which isn't really a big deal, but saves any hassle with having to dispute charges or a dodgy looking charge from the Philippines.

Originally Posted by hightide

Like you, I wasn't able to get a stopover priced properly.

I booked through Orbitz via mrrebates for the $3.94 and $3 cash back respectively.

Now I'm confused on where to credit the miles as all 3 options are equally bad. 12k miles won't be enough for CGK-MNL redemption through Mabuhay. The 10k ish miles won't get me anywhere from CGK on EY. The 10k ish miles if credited to ANA won't even be enough for a $100 Amazon gift card.
ANA for sure. I save 10K SPG points that I otherwise would have moved to ANA pre-merger.