Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Old May 21, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sykes
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!!!!!!
  • Double check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTA's confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as many details as possible about the First / Business fare, including fare class, fare basis, one-way / roundtrip, sales channel, sample dates & total price, including taxes.
  • Post the details within the thread itself and not in the post title field as any information typed here cannot be seen by members accessing the thread using mobile devices.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain country of origin, so don't ask if it works in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Last, but not least, Don't call the Airline!
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Old Aug 12, 2013, 10:43 pm
  #1621  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: BKK
Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 2,395
AC: LAX-BKK rt $3,703 ai

Not a fantastic fare, but certainly one of the better ones under $4k that I've seen to BKK ex-USA in a long time. Limited seats remaining...

LAX>BKK rt US$3,700+ ai on AC in Z via YVR and ICN/HKG/NRT depending on codeshare for BKK leg. Various dates in November. Unable to see fare rules on iPad... appears to be Tu/We/Sa departure ~14day stay, but can't be sure (???).

Be careful as many of the BKK flights do not have exec class and d/g to Y seats for pretty much same money.
aBroadAbroad is offline  
Old Aug 14, 2013, 4:55 am
  #1622  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BHX
Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Posts: 7,392
DXB - KUL/BKK/SIN on UL for <600 return in Z.

UL sale fare. DXB - KUL/BKK/SIN for well under 600 return in Z class. The UL business product isn't too bad at all.

You can get to DXB from MAD on RJ for 1150 return in Business. Or KLM and AF are also around the 1200 mark.

EU return to Asia with a stop in GCC for under 1800 is a fair price; especially when EY/EK don't have any sale fares on. Dates in November but it's probably more widely available.
Wozza2404 is offline  
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:09 pm
  #1623  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 6,392
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Really? It has been a while since I looked at them.

Is DONE4 still available super cheap out of SEZ?
Don't think so anymore. I looked just when QR joined OW, I recall fares were 10k +
yerffej201 is offline  
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:54 pm
  #1624  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere I need to be.
Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 16,046
Originally Posted by aBroadAbroad
Not a fantastic fare, but certainly one of the better ones under $4k that I've seen to BKK ex-USA in a long time. Limited seats remaining...

LAX>BKK rt US$3,700+ ai on AC in Z via YVR and ICN/HKG/NRT depending on codeshare for BKK leg. Various dates in November. Unable to see fare rules on iPad... appears to be Tu/We/Sa departure ~14day stay, but can't be sure (???).

Be careful as many of the BKK flights do not have exec class and d/g to Y seats for pretty much same money.
No...
Interline with Z on TG, I on CX, Z on UA...
AA_EXP09 is offline  
Old Aug 14, 2013, 8:41 pm
  #1625  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ORD, SIN
Programs: TK Elite+, OZ Diamond, CX Silver
Posts: 240
Too bad it doesn't work in reserve. I'd love to fly business class on UL for SIN-DXB-SIN for that price. :-( Economy on MH is only 368 USD but I'll be willing to upgrade myself if the price is right. Right now the cheapest is on AI for 1100 USD.


Originally Posted by Wozza2404
UL sale fare. DXB - KUL/BKK/SIN for well under 600 return in Z class. The UL business product isn't too bad at all.

You can get to DXB from MAD on RJ for 1150 return in Business. Or KLM and AF are also around the 1200 mark.

EU return to Asia with a stop in GCC for under 1800 is a fair price; especially when EY/EK don't have any sale fares on. Dates in November but it's probably more widely available.
bonsaisai is offline  
Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:37 pm
  #1626  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sunny Singapore
Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Posts: 912
Originally Posted by bonsaisai
Too bad it doesn't work in reserve. I'd love to fly business class on UL for SIN-DXB-SIN for that price. :-( Economy on MH is only 368 USD but I'll be willing to upgrade myself if the price is right. Right now the cheapest is on AI for 1100 USD.
Just be aware SIN-CMB on UL is an A320 and CMB-DXB seems to be A320 about 50% of the time too, so make sure you are comparing apples with apples..
cmdsea is offline  
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:49 am
  #1627  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: YVR
Programs: AE, MP, DL, AA, Accor Platinum (But aren't we all?)
Posts: 268
Similar to the $3400 JL YVR-SIN fares mentioned upthread, there are some flights (very limited availability though) running from YVR-HKG for $2401 connecting in NRT on JL. Bookable. Sample dates: Sep3-Sep17 // Sep5-Sep16 // Sep19-Oct7.

Edited to add: these seats are not fully flat type but will be upgraded as of December as was announced in this thread.

Last edited by tcook052; Aug 20, 2013 at 3:49 pm
SOLTATIO is offline  
Old Aug 15, 2013, 5:23 am
  #1628  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BHX
Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Posts: 7,392
DXB-MLE available for 550 on UL as well. ^
Wozza2404 is offline  
Old Aug 15, 2013, 1:46 pm
  #1629  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12
TYO-SHA-DXB China Eastern Business (I) $920 rt.
TheEagle is offline  
Old Aug 15, 2013, 3:16 pm
  #1630  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Posts: 315
ANC-SFO UA & Virgin $596 RT ai First class

This is only good while the seasonal non-stop is running, but it's a nice first class fare.

$596RT Anc to SFO on Virgin and United's non-stop seasonal flights.
TravelMann is offline  
Old Aug 17, 2013, 8:49 am
  #1631  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Programs: United Premier Gold 1 MM
Posts: 113
PR: LAX/SFO-MNL $2559 RT all in

PR (Philippine Airlines) LAX or SFO - MNL $2559 RT including taxes. Bookable at the PR website or Orbitz. Received an email business promo offer that's also published at the PR website.

Not a fantastic fare, but certainly one of the better ones under $4k to MNL. Various dates available. I have not flown with PR in a long time since they do not have any mileage partner at this time. I found an older post from a Flyertalk member reviewing the PR Business class seat

I hope this post might be helpful to some Flyertalk members.
DAsis is offline  
Old Aug 17, 2013, 5:27 pm
  #1632  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: Air France Gold, Emirates Gold, former UA 1K, Marriott/Ritz Gold, Hyatt Diamond...
Posts: 157
SFO LHR First class usd 3,663; lie flat biz for 2455

not sure how good of a deal it is but I haven't seen much lower first class trip from SFO

SFO LHR First class usd 3,663

Nov 27/28 - Dec 1st

I took Nov 28-Dec1st

Business class is about 1200 less (lie flat 777-200)


16,104 pqm (15c/pqm in biz)
FrenchCaliFlyer is offline  
Old Aug 17, 2013, 5:35 pm
  #1633  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 866
Originally Posted by FrenchCaliFlyer
not sure how good of a deal it is but I haven't seen much lower first class trip from SFO

SFO LHR First class usd 3,663

Nov 27/28 - Dec 1st

I took Nov 28-Dec1st

Business class is about 1200 less (lie flat 777-200)


16,104 pqm (15c/pqm in biz)
Welcome to FT!

These are standard Thanksgiving Sale fares which have been around for a long time and also oft discussed in this thread.
FedUp2 is offline  
Old Aug 17, 2013, 5:37 pm
  #1634  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 3,824
Thanksgiving sales. Airfares to Europe all drop in price for the most part during that week.

Originally Posted by FrenchCaliFlyer
not sure how good of a deal it is but I haven't seen much lower first class trip from SFO

SFO LHR First class usd 3,663

Nov 27/28 - Dec 1st

I took Nov 28-Dec1st

Business class is about 1200 less (lie flat 777-200)


16,104 pqm (15c/pqm in biz)
Jimgotkp is offline  
Old Aug 20, 2013, 8:35 am
  #1635  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 372
There is a pretty good fare on CX from NRT to USA CX locations. Obviously flying from Tokyo to USA via HKG is maybe not the best routing but for $2850 if OW miles are needed it will be a pretty comfortable ride.
SAN_Finn is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.