Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Florida Nonstops

Looks like United will continue to operate nonstops to FLL and RSW this winter despite all the low fare competition. 4 airlines will have FLL direct flights.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
F9

http://www.cleveland.com/travel/inde...art_river_home

Originally Posted by 737MAX
DAL probably won't happen unless they somehow get more gates. Tbh the fact that we are serving MKE over MCI is a bit mind blowing. I still don't get get that add at all.

There is an effort to re-start Midwest Express in MKE, so WN added MKE flights to crush the upstart before its first flight.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ess/564940001/

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 18, 2017 at 4:49 pm Reason: merge
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:25 pm

Interesting notion. I would hope they would concentrate on adding frequencies as opposed to just adding destinations. There are certainly additional gates on A available for Frontier to use. Let's hope they focus on reliability, as mentioned in the article. I finally tried F9 in June and, I must admit, was very pleasantly surprised. Both flights (CLE-PDX/PDX-CLE) were early, service was fine, and bags delivered promptly.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
In the most recent announcement from the airport director, there are supposed to be new service announcements from Frontier and Southwest. Interestingly, I got an e-mail from United advertising low fares for CLE-->MCI; makes me wonder if that is a pre-emptive due to WN commencing nonstop service. I'm also curious where F9 would start (or increase) service to, since they say they are planning on connecting passengers in CLE now. It may be that some of their non-daily service will become daily to accommodate these connecting passengers. I love wildly speculating!
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:16 pm

Traffic this summer continues to surge at CLE. Year-over-year, over 100,000 more passengers passed through CLE in July 2017 than in July 2016, the month of the Republican National Convention. I hope the airport passes the 9 million passenger mark again this year.

http://clevelandairport.com/clevelan...arch-july-2017
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by plinth857
In the most recent announcement from the airport director, there are supposed to be new service announcements from Frontier and Southwest. Interestingly, I got an e-mail from United advertising low fares for CLE-->MCI; makes me wonder if that is a pre-emptive due to WN commencing nonstop service. I'm also curious where F9 would start (or increase) service to, since they say they are planning on connecting passengers in CLE now. It may be that some of their non-daily service will become daily to accommodate these connecting passengers. I love wildly speculating!
Confused by the wording as MKE service on WN was previously announced but is "new" service starting in the fall. Tbh the next schedule extension coming up would only take the schedule until very early June and wouldn't be the typical "summer" schedule extension when usually new service for WN starts.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
Finally

Email from UA about my Wed flight...

Beginning August 21, 2017, through August 25, 2017, United® will be piloting new boarding processes at Cleveland International Airport. We are continuously working to enhance and improve the customer experience and we are excited to gather new insights next week.

Only a few gates will be a part of the boarding process test and if your gate is selected you may notice that the boarding process is slightly different than what you’re used to. There is no action to take on your part. We'll have United representatives onsite so please feel free to ask a question or share your thoughts with us.

Thank you for choosing to fly United. We look forward to seeing you on your upcoming flight.*
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by coplatua1k
Email from UA about my Wed flight...

Beginning August 21, 2017, through August 25, 2017, United® will be piloting new boarding processes at Cleveland International Airport. We are continuously working to enhance and improve the customer experience and we are excited to gather new insights next week.

Only a few gates will be a part of the boarding process test and if your gate is selected you may notice that the boarding process is slightly different than what you’re used to. There is no action to take on your part. We'll have United representatives onsite so please feel free to ask a question or share your thoughts with us.

Thank you for choosing to fly United. We look forward to seeing you on your upcoming flight.*
Interesting...wonder what it will be like. Perhaps you can cross-post this onto UA board to get feedback. Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:47 am

Hearing through the grapvine a possible "big announcement" will be made within the next week or so. What it is entails i have no idea but it apparently isn't an F9 announcement.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:17 pm

UA 2537 EWR-CLE is a B767-400. Looks like it arrives in CLE and then turns around and heads back to EWR. Anyone know why?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by FreqFlyerCLE
UA 2537 EWR-CLE is a B767-400. Looks like it arrives in CLE and then turns around and heads back to EWR. Anyone know why?
NY Giants charter I believe

They bounced the landing pretty good, ended up going around to try again. Try number 2 was a success!

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 20, 2017 at 6:59 pm Reason: merge
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:36 pm

Looks like F9 is using the former AA gates (A8, A10) as is G4 (at gate A12).
Attached Images  
Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum Pro, UA Premier Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Hearing through the grapvine a possible "big announcement" will be made within the next week or so. What it is entails i have no idea but it apparently isn't an F9 announcement.
Do you have any details on who you heard this from? WN does have a schedule extension on August 28th...

Last edited by MIDWESTERNFLYER; Aug 20, 2017 at 6:34 pm
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:14 pm

NY Giants charter I believe

They bounced the landing pretty good, ended up going around to try again. Try number 2 was a success!
ok. thanks
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by MIDWESTERNFLYER
Do you have any details on who you heard this from? WN does have a schedule extension on August 28th...
One of our guys was checking out the new TSA room for the new inline bag system (pretty badass setup btw) when one of the airport higher ups was walking through and saw them and gave them a bit of a tour. They got to talking about the airport growing and how CLE was up 100,000 people this July over last year during the RNC. Said there was going to be a "big announcement " at the end of the week. Co worker mentioned Frontier and they said not Frontier but couldn't tell him what it was about. Take it for what it's worth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.