Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:57 am

Who didn't see this disaster coming? It's impossible to access my SPG account on my laptop and the iPhone app shows only partial listing of past stays and future reservations, and some of this information is just wrong. My account shows 384,000 points deducted for a 4 night stay at category 6 Sheraton that requires 50k points p/n. And gone from the account is a recent 10 night stay at a Design Hotel. I'm LPPP in both programs and the only customer experience I've had is aggravation.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:15 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Combined mine yesterday. Everything is working perfectly, all stats are 100% correct and I can see my future reservations. Some stays do not show in past activity but that's fine. That doesn't interfere with my total points and Life time nights.
I had two different passwords for my SPG/Marriott accounts so it was easy to combine using the same email but different password where I was asked to log in.
Good job Marriott. Sorry to hear others are experiencing issues.
Kept the Marriott number as my new SPG number was starting with 2. Thought that would diverse me from the core Marriott group.

Now, I think the SPG app with the SPG purple colour is a lot more sexier than Marriott's boring blue and font all over the place. So probably wanna go with the SPG app until next year when there's one app for everything. Marriott needs a 100% rethink, let go of the ugly vacuum cleaner company feeling, they need to rehire the markering staff behind SPG (if they haven'y yet) and become cool as SPG was.
More importantly, BRING BACK WILLIAM R SANDERS. I miss that guy.

Last edited by joakgarp; Aug 22, 2018 at 1:57 am
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by beltway
I just combined my DW's accounts & saw the same incorrect "Lifetime nights" label on the YTD nights numbers. (FWIW, did this from the SPG side, i.e., to retain SPG account number.) Once the combination was complete, however, the account showed correct info both for YTD nights and for lifetime nights.

In other words, false alarm. It's just a bad label & not an indication that the data is mangled for your account, forecheck and LIH Prem.
Thanks beltway for the assurance! I went ahead with the combination, all went well, the life time numbers were combined correctly. I was bumped from old Marriott life time Silver and old SPG life time Gold to new life time Platinum Elite. Since my combined number also met the 750 nights + 10 year platinum threshold, hope it will change to life time Platinum Premier Elite at somepoint. Wow, that's the merger I really like!

Last edited by presario1626; Aug 22, 2018 at 2:49 am Reason: adding comments
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald
Sad to hear many people are experiencing issues and problems, but I can confirm mine executed as designed and without incident
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:37 am

Can't log into marriott

major issues for me -
Can log into spg and marriott app all ok
Can log into spg web site with new spg number all ok
Can't merge my account I get this error when logging into marriott ---
Please correct the following and try again. We are unable to process your request at this time due to an unprocessable condition. Please try again later.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:49 am

I ran the merge 48 hours ago and had the "this may take up to 48 hours"
Today, it now says "You recently combined accounts and we are transferring all activity - this may take up to 72 hours".
it's pretty embarrassing for them that it's 4 days post go-live and they are still merging data.
What a bunch of newbs.
I am available for big data work.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by sydneyboi
major issues for me -
Please correct the following and try again. We are unable to process your request at this time due to an unprocessable condition. Please try again later.
To solve this problem you need to change your SPG password and keep it's length under 20, took me a while to figure it out.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by sydneyboi
major issues for me -
I'm getting that for both my Marriott and SPG accounts.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Ord Liza
I'm getting that for both my Marriott and SPG accounts.
Same here. Can't log in to anything. What a disaster.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I think Delta must've transferred their old garbage IT staff to Marriott...
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:48 am

same here.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:10 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mplflyer

How did you resolve the name issue? My SPG had my middle name for airline transfers, so I can’t merge as
names don’t match. I called in to the number given and on hold now for 45 minutes. (And it’s 10 pm pst!).
Thanks!
Quick message to SPG through twitter had it sorted out.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Please correct the following and try again.We are unable to process your request at this time due to an unprocessable condition. Please try again later.

I am only getting this post merge - my old Marriott account says the account has been transferred - the new one says the above.

Since Marriott seems to think it is OK to wait for the end of the year to give SPGs LTPs LTPP. I decided I think it is OK to not use Marriott hotels if there is a reasonable alternative at least till the end of the year. Will try AX Plat hotel program for now,
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by flying_geek
Please correct the following and try again.We are unable to process your request at this time due to an unprocessable condition. Please try again later.

I am only getting this post merge - my old Marriott account says the account has been transferred - the new one says the above.

Since Marriott seems to think it is OK to wait for the end of the year to give SPGs LTPs LTPP. I decided I think it is OK to not use Marriott hotels if there is a reasonable alternative at least till the end of the year. Will try AX Plat hotel program for now,
The system does not seem to be online now (no account log in). I would try again later today.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
As of this morning, I’m showing up (incorrectly) as Platinum in my Marriott Account and (correctly) as Platinum Premier in my SPG account. This was not an issue as of yesterday morning.

I have a stay starting Monday at a Marriott property. Would it be worth trying to either contact Marriott or merge accounts over the weekend to correct my status?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.