Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Power Up Promotion Summer 2008

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2008, 5:44 pm

Please people. You don't need to post that you signed for this promotion.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Hmmmmm-strange timing on the end date.
I was going to do two two night stays over Labor day weekend=but this ends 8/31 so I do not think a stay with a check out date 0f 9/1 will count.
So It will be a four night say with three hotels( last night will be SPG)Fortunately this is simply a matter of criss crossing the street as the JW,the Marriott,and the Sheraton are within a block of each other
Old Jul 4, 2008, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Hmmmmm-strange timing on the end date.
I was going to do two two night stays over Labor day weekend=but this ends 8/31 so I do not think a stay with a check out date 0f 9/1 will count.
I think it will count bcs the stay will be posted on your account for the day you checked in, not the date you checked out.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by heffa
I think it will count bcs the stay will be posted on your account for the day you checked in, not the date you checked out.
I quick call to the Platinum desk would likely result in it being credited anyway.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K RCC, Marriott Plat Prem, Avis First
9 stays in 9 weeks? $@!*&# u Marriott. I'm gonna give the Platinum desk a call. This is as bad as the last promo I received.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 8:53 pm

I am a third of the way through it already. Staying at the cheapest possible properties to keep the $$/point ratio High.

I think this will be easy actually.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 7:42 am

Programs: AA - ExPlat 1MM Marriott - Platinum, Hertz - Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by rl212
9 stays in 9 weeks? $@!*&# u Marriott. I'm gonna give the Platinum desk a call. This is as bad as the last promo I received.
You can have this done in two weeks. What's the issue?
Old Jul 6, 2008, 8:41 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
The T&Cs were silent on this

so am i correct that all rate codes are eligible for a stay to qualify?

specifically, I'm curious about NPR (Entertainment Book) or AAA or V12 (the $25 visa card offer)?

thx
Old Jul 6, 2008, 9:09 am

All rate codes bookable on the Marriott.com site are eligible.
And you don't have to use a Visa(Yay) .
Old Jul 10, 2008, 9:55 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
The points from this promotion are posting as soon as you finish a required number of stays to earn points (i.e. 10,000 points post after 3 paid stays if your offer is 3/10/30).
Old Jul 10, 2008, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by rl212
I'm assume this was an attempt at sarcasm? If so, please put a smiley at the end of it next time so we know. 9 stays in 9 weeks is a piece of cake especially when there's 30k points to be had.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 10:54 am

Programs: UA PP/Marriott Platinum Elite/Hyatt Diamond/Avis Preferred/Hertz Presidential
another UN-balanced Promotion

9 stays for 9 weeks is easy if you travel to a new hotel a couple of times a week.

Meh, I stay in the same hotel for 4 nights a week. That's one stay. I will stay approx 31 nights or more in the same 8-9 weeks that would take someone 9-14 nights to do and I may barely get the promotion.

Balance the promotions please so we do not have to switch hotels every other night, reward the loyalty. Please.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 12:01 pm

Whatcha mean every other night?
I am switching hotels EVERY night
Old Jul 10, 2008, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA PP/Marriott Platinum Elite/Hyatt Diamond/Avis Preferred/Hertz Presidential
sorry, it was just an example. every night is perfectly acceptable and a common practice.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 1:00 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
[y2k1jetta
Balance the promotions please so we do not have to switch hotels every other night, reward the loyalty. Please.
The mega bonus promotion that ran in the winter/spring was geared to travelers like you. That is the normal way I travel, too. This one is geared to the "other travelers". Quite honestly, I think Marriott IS being balanced.

I am a big grump when it comes to changing hotels, especially for the last 6 months with a broken wrist. But if I am doing 4 nights a week, even I can manage to change hotels every other night for 3 1/2 weeks.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.