Old Jul 16, 2008, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Originally Posted by bryice
I had posted stays of
7/8
7/10 AND
7/11

bonus points posted today, 7/16

Thanks. I may still be cutting it pretty close, but maybe the rewards folks will work with me. Think I will give it a try!

If not I still got a good deal on 10,000 points!
Old Jul 16, 2008, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
How long does it take to post the 10,000 bonus points. If it's fast, then this is a better deal then buying 10,000 points (which I estimate would cost $125 plus whatever) I am spending $50 on a hotel I don't plan to sleep at, but... I live close go check in and go visit room and leave LOL! I can run back Friday to "check out" if needed!
My experience so far is that the 10,000 bonus points post right after the third stay posts to your account. Mine have posted on the same day my third stay posted so far.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by ssullivan
My experience so far is that the 10,000 bonus points post right after the third stay posts to your account. Mine have posted on the same day my third stay posted so far.
As did mine.

Third stay departure: 7/12
Stay poiints & bonus posting: 7/16
Old Jul 17, 2008, 9:30 pm

seems consistent - third stay check out 7/11, 10k points posted 7/14
Old Jul 18, 2008, 7:38 am

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Thanks everyone.

I managed to put my reservation on hold without having the points yesterday so that gives the system time to post them. Checked into the $49 Town Place Suites last night, ran by and checked out this morning. So after this weekend I will be at three stays!
Old Aug 16, 2008, 10:16 pm

Now that this promotion is drawing to an end, a quick question: I have an upcoming stay at the Athens Ledra Marriott. Check in is August 28, check out is September 03. Will this qualify as one more stay for the Power Up Promotion? In other words, for this promotion, does Marriott count the check in or check out date, or both? It would be my ninth stay. If it doesn't, I'll have to squeeze in some night elsewhere to get those last 10k points.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 4:05 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by HB-IWC
Now that this promotion is drawing to an end, a quick question: I have an upcoming stay at the Athens Ledra Marriott. Check in is August 28, check out is September 03. Will this qualify as one more stay for the Power Up Promotion? In other words, for this promotion, does Marriott count the check in or check out date, or both? It would be my ninth stay. If it doesn't, I'll have to squeeze in some night elsewhere to get those last 10k points.

Rather than squeezing in an extra stay or having to chase the points later - why don't you just "check out" on the 29th and then check back in? The system will pick it up for sure....
Old Aug 17, 2008, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by sophiegirl

Rather than squeezing in an extra stay or having to chase the points later - why don't you just "check out" on the 29th and then check back in? The system will pick it up for sure....
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll certainly try to do that. This is of course an international (non-US) property and they are not always as flexible as the US hotels, but I presume this should work indeed.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 8:24 am

This is of course an international (non-US) property and they are not always as flexible as the US hotels, but I presume this should work indeed.

If you can, make (2) separatereservations - they will have no choice.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 8:28 am

Programs: AA 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond

It will still only count as one "stay". A stay is defined as any consecutive days, regardless of check-in/check-out activity at the same hotel. For a new stay to be counted the person would have to leave the property for 24 hours and stay at another hotel. Good try though!

To get my last 20k for this promo I have a 12 night stay starting today and will checkout and move to the property on the other side of the parking lot every 2 days, bouncing between the two. I wish they hadnt made this stay based but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

--DD73
Old Aug 17, 2008, 8:44 am
Suspended

If you can, make (2) separatereservations - they will have no choice.
At times a Hotel will combine any res that is consectutive. So if you make say a 2 night res and a 1 night but its for 3 nights consectutive sometimes they will simply have it in their computer as 1 3night stay.

I will simply tell them I need it as booked since 1 client is responsible for the 2 nighter and another for the 1 nighter. So I need 2 separate bills, that usually will do the trick.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Dudleydog73
It will still only count as one "stay". A stay is defined as any consecutive days, regardless of check-in/check-out activity at the same hotel. For a new stay to be counted the person would have to leave the property for 24 hours and stay at another hotel. Good try though!
--DD73

All the OP NEEDS is ONE STAY. Which is why I made the recommendation. The remainder of days will not count at all as they fall beyond the end of the promotion.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Hey I'll be there the 26-28th, sept 3-4. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.