Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Power Up Promotion Summer 2008

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2008, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by InsideThePlane
I received an e-mail today with the 9x30 offer. I saw the promotion mentioned here and had already registered before I received the e-mail.

Oh and the scooter horn sound on the screen that the promotion link takes you to - funny - but as I wasn't prepared for sound from an MR screen. Perfect time for my office to be dead quiet.
Yeah-kind of woke me up
Old Jun 11, 2008, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
Please help me see how 30K>50K
Because it is not an all or nothing type promo
I can do 3,6.maybe nine stays in two months.
25 stays in 3 months=I don't even bother trying/
Old Jun 11, 2008, 9:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Technically, it was 25 nights (with an option for 30,000 if you only did 20 nights). The current promotion is more flexible for those who don't stay as much at hotels. I need to call and get the promotion added to my account. 9 stays should be rather easy to get in 2 months.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 3:49 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Does anyone think it is odd that (even) plats have to sign up for this promotion...are we not usually automatic?

Not that it is a big deal.....just a curiosity!
Old Jun 12, 2008, 4:49 am

I too received an email yesterday. (On top of the snail mail I received on Tuesday.)

Academic inasmuch as I'd located and entered ( nights/30,00 points) based on the OP.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 6:50 am
-DSH-

Programs: BDDC Gold, MR Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, EK Plat
Just wondering.. do priceline stays qualify as well?

What about a stay when you book two rooms? Do both rooms qualify for a stay or just one?
Old Jun 12, 2008, 6:57 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Priceline will not qualify since you won't earn points on the room rate (although you can earn points for incidentals at FS properties if you add your account number to the reservation). You can earn stay credit only for one room if you reserve 2 or more rooms under one account (per Marriott's T&Cs), although you can get points for up to 3 rooms for one property on one stay. Some people have gotten night credit for multiple rooms applied for elite status, but I would be surprised if you can get the night credit for multiple rooms to apply to the promotion.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by -DSH-
What about a stay when you book two rooms? Do both rooms qualify for a stay or just one?
We often need to book more than one room. The best thing to do is open a 2nd MR account in another family member's name. In that way you always get stay credit for each room booked - during a promotion or not.

It just works out for us (that during this promotion) that 2nd account will qualify for at least (3) stays too........... points we would have lost with only one account number.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 8:44 am
-DSH-

Programs: BDDC Gold, MR Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, EK Plat
Thanks, VA1379 and sophiegirl.

It's a shame you don't earn points with PL bookings btw -- I didn't know that. Oh well..
Old Jun 12, 2008, 8:44 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, AAdvantage Platinum (1MM Lifetime Gold), Avis First
I was expecting a better promo
Old Jun 12, 2008, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Northern Traveler
This is about the best promo that Marriott has had for a long time. In general IC, Hyatt, and SPG promos are more lucrative.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Originally Posted by Northern Traveler
For me this is a much better promo compared to the spring Megabonus.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Maybe the promo is targeted at those that have already re-qualified for their level and the idea is to keep you from switching hotel programs to start working on their elite status.

Note that the program only runs for 9 weeks. So for those that travel every week they just have to stay with Marriott for July and August.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 9:59 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AA Plat, UA Silver, kettle everywhere else
I don't have any status at all with Marriott yet - not even silver. I applied for the card, so that will kick in soon, but I'll hit 10 nights next week so it doesn't really matter. Question is, once I become silver, will I be eligible for the promotion? I know silver is essentially meaningless otherwise...

(For the record, I'm not completely new to this - just a Starwood girl who's now branching out to get status at Marriott as well.)
Old Jun 13, 2008, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by SceneStealer7
I don't have any status at all with Marriott yet - not even silver. I applied for the card, so that will kick in soon, but I'll hit 10 nights next week so it doesn't really matter. Question is, once I become silver, will I be eligible for the promotion? I know silver is essentially meaningless otherwise...

(For the record, I'm not completely new to this - just a Starwood girl who's now branching out to get status at Marriott as well.)

I am friends who are in the same boat as you - they did not get the promotion - but are new MR members who will hit silver within a week or 2. I am going to have them call next week - I will post what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.