Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Power Up Promotion Summer 2008

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2008, 7:29 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, AA EXP, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by deac83
Maybe the promo is targeted at those that have already re-qualified for their level and the idea is to keep you from switching hotel programs to start working on their elite status.

Note that the program only runs for 9 weeks. So for those that travel every week they just have to stay with Marriott for July and August.
Or if you have 2 Marriotts close-by, check-in and out every night and do it in 9 days, which for me is only 3 weeks
Old Jun 13, 2008, 8:58 am

I was just in the midst of moving all my stays to Starwoods but Marriott is making me think twice about it now...
Old Jun 13, 2008, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by deac83
Maybe the promo is targeted at those that have already re-qualified for their level and the idea is to keep you from switching hotel programs to start working on their elite status.

Note that the program only runs for 9 weeks. So for those that travel every week they just have to stay with Marriott for July and August.
Not unless you are doing city hops during a week. Like a night here, a night there. One can easily do 3 or more stays in a week.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
Originally Posted by heffa
Participation in the Power Up promotion is limited to Marriott Rewards Elite members solicited for this promotion. A list of current promotions open to all Rewards members is available here.

Grrrr... I will give them a call in the morning instead!
Originally Posted by VA1379
I need to call and get the promotion added to my account.
Were you guys successful? Am I the only Plat that got turned down
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by PhilC
why are plats being turned down?
you should call again and get enrolled.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 3:09 pm
Suspended

This Plat got the 3/10/30

-received a snail about it

-received an email about it

-when I logged onto my acct there was a message awaiting me about it

this means we moved our June trip plans to July
Old Jun 13, 2008, 6:02 pm

How did you get turn down? Does it not show up as option under promotions?
Old Jun 14, 2008, 6:52 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
For those members that had to talk to Customer Support to manually register for this promotion, does the promotion now appear in the Promotions in Progress list? The CSR rep manually registered me for the 2.5K/2/10 promotion but I still do not see it in my profile.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 7:25 am

Programs: all the big ones.. no LCCs for me
what has been the SOP in the past for stays that begin prior to the start of the promo but lapse into the promo period, do these count as stay credits toward the promo
Old Jun 14, 2008, 9:47 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
Originally Posted by qazw1
How did you get turn down? Does it not show up as option under promotions?
I can see the registration link when I log in to my account but when I click to register, it says unavailable. I called and the CSR said I wasn't targeted and couldn't be manually added. I'll try calling again but was wondering if any other Plats are being turned down by customer service.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR Plat
I can see the registration link when I log in to my account but when I click to register, it says unavailable. I called and the CSR said I wasn't targeted and couldn't be manually added. I'll try calling again but was wondering if any other Plats are being turned down by customer service.
You're not the only one. I got turned down too. Plat w/ 65 nights this year. Perhaps I'll call back after I requal in 2 weeks
Old Jun 14, 2008, 8:45 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by packet
You're not the only one. I got turned down too. Plat w/ 65 nights this year. Perhaps I'll call back after I requal in 2 weeks

Dont forget...registration must be COMPLETED BY june 30, IIRC. This is one of the first times I remember MR requiring reg BEFORE the end of the promo.

Or...you could do as I (PP) and take some business AWAY so they understand you DO HAVE A CHOICE!
Old Jun 14, 2008, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Originally Posted by craz
This Plat got the 3/10/30

-received a snail about it

-received an email about it

-when I logged onto my acct there was a message awaiting me about it

this means we moved our June trip plans to July
Same for me and I've been Plat for 7 years now.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 6:05 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by defiance96
The horn that went with that graphic of the two people on the moped was a bit unexpected (when does the Marriott site ever have sound?), which resulted in me getting startled and dropping my laptop on the floor.
same here, well I didnt drop my computer, but I was also started and startling looking around to see where the noise came from
Old Jun 15, 2008, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by blahter
I was just in the midst of moving all my stays to Starwoods but Marriott is making me think twice about it now...
That may have been the idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.