Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Power Up Promotion Summer 2008

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2008, 1:50 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AA Plat, UA Silver, kettle everywhere else
Anyone have any luck with calling and getting the promo? I'm going to call tomorrow and would like to know what exactly to say. "I heard about this promo and I'd like it?"
Old Jun 18, 2008, 2:36 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Originally Posted by PhilC
I can see the registration link when I log in to my account but when I click to register, it says unavailable. I called and the CSR said I wasn't targeted and couldn't be manually added. I'll try calling again but was wondering if any other Plats are being turned down by customer service.
Originally Posted by packet
You're not the only one. I got turned down too. Plat w/ 65 nights this year. Perhaps I'll call back after I requal in 2 weeks
Good afternoon,

All elite members may participate in this promotion. If you are unable to enroll online, please contact Guest Services to be manually enrolled. If you are an elite member and were denied when you contacted Guest Services, please PM or email us.

Best regards,

Drew
Old Jun 18, 2008, 5:10 pm

Programs: Sadly no longer platinum with anyone. Plain old Delta Skymiles member and Marriott Rewards member
Will this count as 1 stay or 2? I will be in Idaho Falls in July for a 1 or 2 day business trip. Not sure at this point. So i've booked 2 one night reservations. If they ask me about it at check in, I'll tell them I'm unsure if I'll be there the 2nd night, depends how things go with the client. So I check out after the first day, then if I end up needing the room the 2nd night, I check back in.

2 reservations back to back at same hotel, but I check out, then check back in. Will that fit the bill of 2 stays?
Old Jun 18, 2008, 5:15 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AA Plat, UA Silver, kettle everywhere else
It doesn't count as two stays unless it's at different hotels, even if you check in and out.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
All elite members may participate in this promotion. If you are unable to enroll online, please contact Guest Services to be manually enrolled. If you are an elite member and were denied when you contacted Guest Services, please PM or email us.
Can elites switch to a different Power Promo from the one they were offered? Specifically, I am SLV and will have 46 nights at 6/30. Can I sign up for the 9 stays / 30k Power Up over my currently selected 5 stays / 10k?
Old Jun 19, 2008, 8:43 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Hi MileageGoblin,

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
Can elites switch to a different Power Promo from the one they were offered?
Elite members are unable to change the offer they were given in this particular promotion.

Best regards,

Drew
Old Jun 19, 2008, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA: 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador, Platinum IHG. Diamond: Hilton. Silver: Delta & Hyatt
I got 2,500 per stay. Thanks to all of you on FT as I almost missed this one and have quite a few stays at Marriott this summer.
-UFFA
Old Jun 23, 2008, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
An email to Marriott Concierge got me signed up for the 30K offer ^
Old Jun 24, 2008, 1:34 pm

Programs: marriott reward
Power up Promotion Summer

What did you say in the email to the concierge to change to 30K promotion?
I would like to send a email also.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
Good afternoon,

Best regards,

Drew
And how may I enroll? Is there a link?
Old Jun 24, 2008, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by braff
Did someone say they were able to "switch"? I didn't see that and don't think you can. All elite members can be "registered" but no switching from what I've read.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Did someone say they were able to "switch"? I didn't see that and don't think you can. All elite members can be "registered" but no switching from what I've read.
That poster is already PLT, so he just signed up for it. As he already qualifies for 30k, he couldn't have switched.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 4:14 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
You are correct. See post #111.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 5:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
Originally Posted by braff
If your question was directed towards me, I didn't switch. I emailed Marriott Concierge to sign up because I was unable to do so by other means.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 5:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I finally called up tonight for a missing platinum gift and was able to register for the promotion. I got the 3/10/30 promotion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.