Power Up Promotion Summer 2008

Old Jun 10, 2008, 10:52 am

Programs: DL Plat AA Gold Airtran Elite HH Diamond Marriott Plat *Wood Plat
unavailable for me also (plat). there is a link at the bottom however after i login to marriott.com that says "Power up with 10,000 bonus points. Elite members must register by June 30, 2008." I click on it and i get the unavailable message... called cust serv and she was not able to register me so she put a note on my account and they will credit it manually after the promotion ends. so maybe it was targeted after all and i wasn't picked, but i got a nice rep on the phone?
Old Jun 10, 2008, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by iztok
So if one has two night stay it would be better to split to take advantage? Or will second night count as a second stay?
The second night counts as a different stay if you check out and go to a different Marriott hotel. It can be a different Marriott in the same city, but it can't be the same hotel. Consecutive nights at the same hotel count as a single stay, even if you check out and check back in each day. But if you switch hotels, it's different stays.

I only have two trips on my schedule during the promotion period where I could easily take advantage of it. Both are for 3-4 nights. So I'm planning on hopping around between a FS Marriott, Courtyard, and SpringHill that are all very close to each other. It's a bit of a hassle, but for 20,000 points, I'll do it. And I might even be able to get another week during that period where I'm staying with Marriott and get the max of 30,000 points on my promo.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 11:17 am

Programs: UA1K, UC. AA- EXP, AC, Avis First, Marriott Plat Premier, HH-Diamond
I received an e-mail today with the 9x30 offer. I saw the promotion mentioned here and had already registered before I received the e-mail.

Oh and the scooter horn sound on the screen that the promotion link takes you to - funny - but as I wasn't prepared for sound from an MR screen. Perfect time for my office to be dead quiet.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA CK, UA GS, DL 360, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by InsideThePlane
I received an e-mail today with the 9x30 offer. I saw the promotion mentioned here and had already registered before I received the e-mail.

Oh and the scooter horn sound on the screen that the promotion link takes you to - funny - but as I wasn't prepared for sound from an MR screen. Perfect time for my office to be dead quiet.
Signed up when I read this thread, but just received the email this afternoon. 9x30k... of course, my travel dies off in July during planning and forecasting season. Sigh.

Cheers,

-Andrew
Old Jun 10, 2008, 1:52 pm

Programs: LT Platinum Marriott/Starwood; Exec Plat AA; LT Plat AA
Originally Posted by InsideThePlane

Yup... Beep Beep

Got the 9x30 offer... even better than the 50K mega bonus IMHO
Old Jun 10, 2008, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K, SQ SilverKris, DL MM-Silver
Originally Posted by iztok
Interesting as on my account i have different promotion:

# Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion will earn 2,500 bonus points beginning with their second paid stay, when their first paid stay and subsequent paid stays are made between July 1 and August 31, 2008, at a participating Marriott property up to a maximum 10,000 points.
# Registration is required.
# Registration ends June 30, 2008.
# This offer is not transferable.
# Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit.
# A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
# Only one room per hotel is counted towards a members nights or stay.
# Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
# All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
# Visit MarriottRewards.com, call 1-888-MARRIOTT, or call your local Marriott Rewards Guest Services office for complete details.
THat's what I got. Wonder what separates the 30's from the 10's?
Old Jun 10, 2008, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Frustrated at not being able to register for this online, I called the Platinum desk and she said she registered me for the 3 stays 10K up to 30K.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure if anyone is tracking but I did get a snail mail yesterday for this. Nothing in email yet.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 1:32 am

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by damon2
here is the link and it looks targeted (sign in required) and based on stay pattern. I got the 30K offer, my wife got the 10K.
Participation in the Power Up promotion is limited to Marriott Rewards Elite members solicited for this promotion. A list of current promotions open to all Rewards members is available here.

Grrrr... I will give them a call in the morning instead!
Old Jun 11, 2008, 5:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
I see the link to register when I'm logged in but when I try to register, it says unavailable. Why does the link to register even show up on my account if I'm not targeted? I'll try calling later.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by HereAndThereSC
I didn't receive the promo (I'm Plat.) and I can't find it on the website. Anybody got a link?

JP
I received my promo via "snail mail". Logged on and registered. Here is the link:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/pro...SUM8&psrc=MRTR
Old Jun 11, 2008, 5:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP,Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold, Starbucks Gold card
Got mine via snail mail postcard. Glad to hear that a stay at a different Marriott in the same city counts!
Old Jun 11, 2008, 6:47 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by TooMuchTravel73
even better than the 50K mega bonus IMHO

Please help me see how 30K>50K
Old Jun 11, 2008, 7:23 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
Please help me see how 30K>50K

I believe they mean that 9 nights to reach 30K is more attainable for them than 25 nights to reach 50K...50K is not better if you cannot achieve it.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by annerj
Not sure if anyone is tracking but I did get a snail mail yesterday for this. Nothing in email yet.

Email dated 6:14pm 6/11/2008

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.