Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Power Up Promotion Summer 2008

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2008, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hotel hopping is not an option for my husband. He travels in a team, they all stay at the same hotel and get a lot of work done at night and they typically only rent one car for the team of 3 or 4. His colleagues would not be interested in hopping every night nor would the client like the confusing bill. (Especially if one hotel was cheaper, they'd want to know why they didn't stay there the whole week!)
Old Jul 10, 2008, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA PP/Marriott Platinum Elite/Hyatt Diamond/Avis Preferred/Hertz Presidential
That's great that you are willing to hop hotels to get the promotion.

But your right, this promotion is for the frequent hopper, not the long term night guys. No biggie but each promotion should have 2 ways of earning the points IMO, thats all.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 4:29 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, WN CP, Marriott PP, Hilton Gold
ME Too

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Whatcha mean every other night?
I am switching hotels EVERY night
This is the same thing that I am doing. I kinda feel like it may be a Hilton promo. They are the only ones that I do "one-nighters" with just to get status faster.

I am interested to know why Marriott went from a "night" promo to a "stay" promo.

I would really enjoyed staying at just one hotel the last 6 nights, but 30K in points is 30k in points
Old Jul 10, 2008, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Whatever. This, like any other point promo, really won't change my behavior at all. I'll still stay at the same Marriotts for the same nights I would have otherwise. I'm not going to go through crazy hotel-changing just for a measly 10K points...

Last edited by DJ_Iceman; Jul 11, 2008 at 10:55 pm
Old Jul 10, 2008, 10:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
Well this promo actually is ideal for me..I do one to two nights a week as I am just in for meetings so finally a promo that caters to my travel schedule. While I am not a long term night person, I still get my 75 nights to maintain status and average about a $300 a night room so grateful to be able to get some promo points even if just 30k.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 5:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
I completely missed this thread and I didn't recall seeing the sign-up of this promo when I logged on to my Marriott account periodically (and I didn't get the email either) !! I guess the sign-up period is really over and there's no chance for me to sign up anymore (just checked the website) ? I can easily do the 3/9 stays !!
Old Jul 14, 2008, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Whatever. This, like any other point promo, really won't change my behavior at all. I'll still stay at the same Marriotts for the same nights I would have otherwise. I'm not going to go through crazy hotel-changing just for a measly 10K points...
Neither would I but this promo has a max earning level of 30K. To me, it's worth the hopping.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 6:31 pm

Programs: LT Platinum Marriott/Starwood; Exec Plat AA; LT Plat AA
Sadly, since I'm in SPG/Hilton/Hyatt I'm used to hopping (stays not nights)... so this isn't anything new for me. The goodness is there are so many marriotts (and usually close together) that its easy to hop to the 30K.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 5:28 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
This promo hit me perfectly. I'm doing nine one-night-stands in Texas and I'll get my bonus in a week and a half. But, now what? The only reason I endured all of the FI's was for the bonus points. Are there any other promos going on? Or is it back to the HIS for me?

randidliyo
Old Jul 15, 2008, 5:49 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Yeah-it will be back to SPG for me Just doing it for the points as I feel no loyalty to MI at all.
Hyatts promo will be up shortly as well.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by randidliyo
... I'm doing nine one-night-stands in Texas and I'll get my bonus in a week and a half.....
As well as a prescription for penicillin?
Old Jul 15, 2008, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA PP/Marriott Platinum Elite/Hyatt Diamond/Avis Preferred/Hertz Presidential
Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
As well as a prescription for penicillin?
Increasing the chance of Marriott Bedbugs sounds good to me.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
I have a question that I am sure is in here somewhere but...

I need a few extra points for an award stay in early August. If I book the $49 room tomorrow night at the local Towne Place that and my weekend in Newton MA will get me three stays. (HONK) How long does it take to post the 10,000 bonus points. If it's fast, then this is a better deal then buying 10,000 points (which I estimate would cost $125 plus whatever) I am spending $50 on a hotel I don't plan to sleep at, but... I live close go check in and go visit room and leave LOL! I can run back Friday to "check out" if needed!
Old Jul 16, 2008, 6:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
points posting in segments

Just got my 10k for the first three stays. Wish I could get more points for this promo, plan on having 18 stays at least b/f the end of the promo period.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 7:46 pm

Programs: Delta-Platinum; Marriott-Platinum; PC - Gold
Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
How long does it take to post the 10,000 bonus points.
I had posted stays of
7/8
7/10 AND
7/11

bonus points posted today, 7/16

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.