Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Fall 2015 MegaBonus® is here ... what's your offer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IslesFan
Period of offer: September 15, 2015 through January 15, 2016

1) 2,000 bonus points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to up to 20,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 11 stays, with no bonus on the first stay)
RDB68, King Chung Huang, bgriz18, mookie10, nrdk, philemer, pinniped, mikeef, luv2ctheworld, sjpmurph01, mr27, MDtR-Chicago

2) Earn double points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 20,000 bonus points

Wheezy, op487062, Scotttheking, Jaenks, joeags, sig05, rower2000, yfish, Smiley90, The_Banking_Scot, CMK10, Gigantor, mike929, highOPS, RatherBeOnATrain, Scheitan, Mr. Nacho, shoodawg, nequine, csyoung49

3) Earn 3,000 bonus points for each paid stay that includes a Friday or Saturday, up to 30,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 10 stays that include Fri or Sat)
Rylan, jm1991, Dom Bologna, leeky (by request)

4) 15,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 25 nights)
Harold, Sacfitz, SAT Lawyer, dwcatty, EricH, darthbimmer, freeflyin, Alpha Golf, RewardAddict, Michilander(spouse), dsquared37, mbflyflyaway, WannaTheater, djp98374, nacho, BeanieTX, ChicagoDave, allset2travel, toooldtostayoutlate, rrohio, Kaycee, FullTimeFlyer, sjpmurph01, Nimitz, Voodoo Daddy, Major G

5) 25,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 45,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 30 nights)
VickiSoCal(spouse), Carpboy823, dmodemd, jalves, sdsearch, njcommodore, alrvd83, MsEverywhere, Jon Maiman, Chewie, Michilander, Wickersley, hnewman, MSPeconomist, quattroking, Duke787, jlb3, cova, LoganFlyer, mrvic43, WesTraveller, pbiflyer, apodo77, andersonCooper, cfischer, kb_rembrandt, mekk, billpreston, DELee, flyerfmaz, anotheran2, hginphl, wenzlydale, ross123, SkyHarbor, Jerruh, Pretzelsandpeanuts, beachfan, orca15, jgottlieb, greenskin, atwby2020, CJKatl, IslesFan

6*) 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 55,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 30 nights)
dank0014
* - some report that MR told them this is not a valid promotion option

If You Did Not Receive an Offer
... And then there are a number of people who (as in every MegaBonus cycle) have not had any version of this promo show up in their account. You can try concating Marriott to fix that (and an interactive method such as a phone call may be more likely to succeed than a non-interactive method like email).

Once You Get a MegaBonus
... Once you call or email Marriott and are given a MegaBonus, it will take several days to show in your account. Be patient.

If Your Were Granted a Change to Your MegaBonus Offer
... Your old MegaBonus offer will continue to show on the Marriott site. The agent you spoke to noted your account and will usually make the adjustment about a week after the MegaBonus period ends. If the adjustment is not made by then, call Marriott Rewards and they will adjust it manually for you.
Print Wikipost

Fall 2015 MegaBonus® is here ... what's your offer?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by janetdoe
Agreed, I received a promo e-mail stating "Any stays you make now will earn you big MegaBonus points – just in time for the holidays." When I click through, the offer is for 2000 points per stay, starting with the second stay. As far as I can tell, the only promo that even possibly grants bonus points for the first stay is #3, and then only if the stay includes a Friday or Saturday night.

It is simply inexcusable to have blatant misrepresentations (if not outright lies) in the promo materials, and it just makes it less likely that I will click through on Marriott promos in the future.
While I agree that this promo has been promoted very sloppily, I doubt that the intent was to "outright lie". I don't see where it would benefit Marriott to be deceitful,but it certainly makes them look like their attention to detail is lacking.

I changed mine from #4 to #2. My first stay was a single night,so the double points definitely works better for me
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
Is it possible to move up a promo? Have Offer #2 but will be staying ~ 28 nights between now and Jan 15th over about 7 stays. Offer #5 seems best for me.

Would I need to rebook?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by GoodOmens
Is it possible to move up a promo? Have Offer #2 but will be staying ~ 28 nights between now and Jan 15th over about 7 stays. Offer #5 seems best for me.

Would I need to rebook?
Yes.

No.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 5:54 am
Suspended

I'm not normally a MR defender but in this case there's no deception or lies as the bonuses for years have been starting with second stay so either you've been living under a rock or been in prison as it seems everyone else is aware of how the point promos have been set up.

Originally Posted by janetdoe
Agreed, I received a promo e-mail stating "Any stays you make now will earn you big MegaBonus points – just in time for the holidays." When I click through, the offer is for 2000 points per stay, starting with the second stay. As far as I can tell, the only promo that even possibly grants bonus points for the first stay is #3, and then only if the stay includes a Friday or Saturday night.

It is simply inexcusable to have blatant misrepresentations (if not outright lies) in the promo materials, and it just makes it less likely that I will click through on Marriott promos in the future.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Why don't I have any promo showing at all?
Old Oct 10, 2015, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
Why don't I have any promo showing at all?
We don't know why, but if you read enough of this thread, you'll find it's not uncommon (but there seems to be no rhyme or reason for who doesn't get a promo showing at all).

Just call and they'll add one for you.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Michilander
Yes.

No.
Had to speak to a supervisor as changing the promo was apparently a "curtesy only extended to Platinums" but got it done.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by GoodOmens
Had to speak to a supervisor as changing the promo was apparently a "curtesy only extended to Platinums" but got it done.
If you go through the thread you will see Platinums that were told no and Golds that were told yes. It just seems to depend on which agent you get, and probably the mood they are in, but from the posts here is seems most people are able to change offers. Glad it worked out for you. ^
Old Nov 5, 2015, 1:12 pm

Would #3 count when checking out on a Fri?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by mommafrica
Would #3 count when checking out on a Fri?
I don't think so. I think it means you have to stay a Friday or Saturday night.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 11:06 am

Thanks.
The rep that signed me up for option #3 said that it would count and another the same as you. I'm doing the Gold challenge of 12 nights. 4 separate stays (3,3,2,4). The last stay will end on a Fri whereas the 1st rep said the 3K will count but the other agreed w/ you again.
Would this option still be my best option? Actually, they had me registered for the dbl pts (for some reason I couldn't register online even though it continues to say register) but put in my notes that #3 had to be manually put in after each stay.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by mommafrica
Thanks.
The rep that signed me up for option #3 said that it would count and another the same as you. I'm doing the Gold challenge of 12 nights. 4 separate stays (3,3,2,4). The last stay will end on a Fri whereas the 1st rep said the 3K will count but the other agreed w/ you again.
Would this option still be my best option? Actually, they had me registered for the dbl pts (for some reason I couldn't register online even though it continues to say register) but put in my notes that #3 had to be manually put in after each stay.
Maybe the one agent was saying the nights would count toward the challenge? That should be true.

Usually, the manual adjustments for changed offers takes place a week or two after the MegaBonus ends. In this case, late January.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 4:00 pm

No, he was specifically saying that b/c I checkout on a Fri then it would not count (if you're talking about the 2nd rep).
Old Nov 6, 2015, 4:42 pm

Now that reward nights count towards elite status, do they also count towards the megabonus ??

Thanks
Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:42 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Is the November 15 registration date usually set in stone? Seems odd to set a date when the promotion period runs for 2 months after that, and you could have new members sign up between November 15 and January 15. That's what I and a few family members were going to do, sign up next month before our first stay. Signing up in December makes more sense for us since we can maximize the 2 paid stays = a free night within 120 days of joining, but it would still be nice to participate in the MegaBonus promotion too (specifically, the 3,000 bonus points for a paid Fri-Sat stay if it was offered to us.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.