Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Fall 2015 MegaBonus® is here ... what's your offer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IslesFan
Period of offer: September 15, 2015 through January 15, 2016

1) 2,000 bonus points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to up to 20,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 11 stays, with no bonus on the first stay)
RDB68, King Chung Huang, bgriz18, mookie10, nrdk, philemer, pinniped, mikeef, luv2ctheworld, sjpmurph01, mr27, MDtR-Chicago

2) Earn double points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 20,000 bonus points

Wheezy, op487062, Scotttheking, Jaenks, joeags, sig05, rower2000, yfish, Smiley90, The_Banking_Scot, CMK10, Gigantor, mike929, highOPS, RatherBeOnATrain, Scheitan, Mr. Nacho, shoodawg, nequine, csyoung49

3) Earn 3,000 bonus points for each paid stay that includes a Friday or Saturday, up to 30,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 10 stays that include Fri or Sat)
Rylan, jm1991, Dom Bologna, leeky (by request)

4) 15,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 25 nights)
Harold, Sacfitz, SAT Lawyer, dwcatty, EricH, darthbimmer, freeflyin, Alpha Golf, RewardAddict, Michilander(spouse), dsquared37, mbflyflyaway, WannaTheater, djp98374, nacho, BeanieTX, ChicagoDave, allset2travel, toooldtostayoutlate, rrohio, Kaycee, FullTimeFlyer, sjpmurph01, Nimitz, Voodoo Daddy, Major G

5) 25,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 45,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 30 nights)
VickiSoCal(spouse), Carpboy823, dmodemd, jalves, sdsearch, njcommodore, alrvd83, MsEverywhere, Jon Maiman, Chewie, Michilander, Wickersley, hnewman, MSPeconomist, quattroking, Duke787, jlb3, cova, LoganFlyer, mrvic43, WesTraveller, pbiflyer, apodo77, andersonCooper, cfischer, kb_rembrandt, mekk, billpreston, DELee, flyerfmaz, anotheran2, hginphl, wenzlydale, ross123, SkyHarbor, Jerruh, Pretzelsandpeanuts, beachfan, orca15, jgottlieb, greenskin, atwby2020, CJKatl, IslesFan

6*) 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 55,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 30 nights)
dank0014
* - some report that MR told them this is not a valid promotion option

If You Did Not Receive an Offer
... And then there are a number of people who (as in every MegaBonus cycle) have not had any version of this promo show up in their account. You can try concating Marriott to fix that (and an interactive method such as a phone call may be more likely to succeed than a non-interactive method like email).

Once You Get a MegaBonus
... Once you call or email Marriott and are given a MegaBonus, it will take several days to show in your account. Be patient.

If Your Were Granted a Change to Your MegaBonus Offer
... Your old MegaBonus offer will continue to show on the Marriott site. The agent you spoke to noted your account and will usually make the adjustment about a week after the MegaBonus period ends. If the adjustment is not made by then, call Marriott Rewards and they will adjust it manually for you.
Print Wikipost

Fall 2015 MegaBonus® is here ... what's your offer?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2015, 5:48 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by carpy1985
i have option 5 - up to 45k points... do you think its worth emailing and asking for promo 6?
Several others in this thread have reported trying that only to be told that 6 does not exist. Of course, you don't really have anything to lose by calling and asking.

If you do call, please report the result back here.

Just as an aside, in my experience calling works better than emailing in this situation.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 9:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This is an unbelievably lame promotion. 15 nights for 15,000 points, plus 2000 for every additional night up to 35,000 points.

The current Hyatt and Hilton promotions have much easier thresholds and are more generous by a factor of at least 2x. (Not to mention that Hyatt points are worth 3-4x compared to Marriott.)

Marriott must be doing well at the moment.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by jlb3
How much effort am I supposed to put into this?
None. Failure on Marriott's part. Knowing many of us did not get any offer posted, they could easily do a sweep, identify those members and correct the mistake. They don't. The fact they feel this would be more costly than having each of us call in speaks volumes. The fact this happens every time there is a MegaBonus makes it clear this is how Marriott wants to operate.

Originally Posted by Kacee
This is an unbelievably lame promotion. 15 nights for 15,000 points, plus 2000 for every additional night up to 35,000 points.
I apologize. Last time, I got this lame offer and didn't bother calling in to ask for something better. My guess is people like me acquiescing to the lame offer emboldened Marriott to thinking members would accept this lame offer.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
So which phone number do you use when U call in the 800-450-xxxx or
888-627-xxxx number ?
I got the stay 15 nights get 15000 then 2000 for every night after. I see a couple others that fit me better.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Gold; National Executive
I got the 15k points for 15 nights, then 2k every night after. Bleh. For comparison, HGP ran a 10 nights for 20k points promo. And 1k points for each night for the first 6 nights.

Because of Marriott's lack of promo during the summer and Hyatt doing a Fast Track Offer along with "Sweet Dreams, Sweet Rewards" promo, I moved all of my summer stays over to HGP. Now I'm Diamond with Hyatt and will be staying there most of my stays.

I don't think Marriott will miss my 60ish nights per year but I think Hyatt will gladly take them.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Note that HGP participants are complaining about Hyatt offers being targeted.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BeanieTX
I got the 15k points for 15 nights, then 2k every night after. Bleh. For comparison, HGP ran a 10 nights for 20k points promo. And 1k points for each night for the first 6 nights.

Because of Marriott's lack of promo during the summer and Hyatt doing a Fast Track Offer along with "Sweet Dreams, Sweet Rewards" promo, I moved all of my summer stays over to HGP. Now I'm Diamond with Hyatt and will be staying there most of my stays.

I don't think Marriott will miss my 60ish nights per year but I think Hyatt will gladly take them.
Same here. I will be canceling 9 paid stays I have booked for Nov and Dec. Not sure what Hyatt promo will be but I doubt I will go back to Marriott unless really really bad promo, even then will probably stick with Hyatt as my megabonus offer is pretty weak.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
I got #4, meh!

During the summer, I moved 22 nights from MR to SPG due to lack of promo.

Now, I will move another 19 nights to SPG.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
#5: Earn 25,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 45,000 bonus points

Meh, Marriott has been disappointing me lately, service and room quality have just been lacking. Also, we are thinking of a trip to New Zealand, not one Marriott in the whole country. So I have been staying at Hilton a little more (I know Hhonors points have been devalued), and they have had double points while Marriott hasn't offered squat this summer.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
A suggestion to Marriott Rewards: In registration proccess to next Megabonus promo, a member can choose one of those options that will be most suitable to him/her. That gives more satisfied members.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
Question

For what it's worth...spoke to MR who said highest level of point earnings is 45,000 not 55,000...agent then spoke to supervisor who told her the same...do see post of the 55,000 availability, so I'm at a loss to explain discrepancy...do not believe they were lying to me....
Old Aug 24, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Jaenks
A suggestion to Marriott Rewards: In registration proccess to next Megabonus promo, a member can choose one of those options that will be most suitable to him/her. That gives more satisfied members.
+1, I've been calling MR with every Megabonus to switch. In the past, only some of the offers are available to switch into.

Offered: 15k bonus after 15 nights + 2k per night
Switched to: 2k points per stay, starting 2nd stay up to 11 stays (20k max)
Old Aug 24, 2015, 7:13 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by fredlisancnc
For what it's worth...spoke to MR who said highest level of point earnings is 45,000 not 55,000...agent then spoke to supervisor who told her the same...do see post of the 55,000 availability, so I'm at a loss to explain discrepancy...do not believe they were lying to me....
Sounds like the single report of the 55k offer is suspect...
Old Aug 24, 2015, 7:17 pm

No Offer

I am a platinum member, with only 3 stays this year. I did not receive an offer at all. Any idea why? Since they haven't had any good ones later, I am just working on Hilton and IHG points. Would like to use this if eligible???

Iam4UK
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is no reason why. Send them a message or call and it will appear

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.