Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Fall 2015 MegaBonus® is here ... what's your offer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IslesFan
Period of offer: September 15, 2015 through January 15, 2016

1) 2,000 bonus points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to up to 20,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 11 stays, with no bonus on the first stay)
RDB68, King Chung Huang, bgriz18, mookie10, nrdk, philemer, pinniped, mikeef, luv2ctheworld, sjpmurph01, mr27, MDtR-Chicago

2) Earn double points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 20,000 bonus points

Wheezy, op487062, Scotttheking, Jaenks, joeags, sig05, rower2000, yfish, Smiley90, The_Banking_Scot, CMK10, Gigantor, mike929, highOPS, RatherBeOnATrain, Scheitan, Mr. Nacho, shoodawg, nequine, csyoung49

3) Earn 3,000 bonus points for each paid stay that includes a Friday or Saturday, up to 30,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 10 stays that include Fri or Sat)
Rylan, jm1991, Dom Bologna, leeky (by request)

4) 15,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 25 nights)
Harold, Sacfitz, SAT Lawyer, dwcatty, EricH, darthbimmer, freeflyin, Alpha Golf, RewardAddict, Michilander(spouse), dsquared37, mbflyflyaway, WannaTheater, djp98374, nacho, BeanieTX, ChicagoDave, allset2travel, toooldtostayoutlate, rrohio, Kaycee, FullTimeFlyer, sjpmurph01, Nimitz, Voodoo Daddy, Major G

5) 25,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 45,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 30 nights)
VickiSoCal(spouse), Carpboy823, dmodemd, jalves, sdsearch, njcommodore, alrvd83, MsEverywhere, Jon Maiman, Chewie, Michilander, Wickersley, hnewman, MSPeconomist, quattroking, Duke787, jlb3, cova, LoganFlyer, mrvic43, WesTraveller, pbiflyer, apodo77, andersonCooper, cfischer, kb_rembrandt, mekk, billpreston, DELee, flyerfmaz, anotheran2, hginphl, wenzlydale, ross123, SkyHarbor, Jerruh, Pretzelsandpeanuts, beachfan, orca15, jgottlieb, greenskin, atwby2020, CJKatl, IslesFan

6*) 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 55,000 bonus points
dank0014
* - some report that MR told them this is not a valid promotion option

If You Did Not Receive an Offer
... And then there are a number of people who (as in every MegaBonus cycle) have not had any version of this promo show up in their account. You can try concating Marriott to fix that (and an interactive method such as a phone call may be more likely to succeed than a non-interactive method like email).

Once You Get a MegaBonus
... Once you call or email Marriott and are given a MegaBonus, it will take several days to show in your account. Be patient.

If Your Were Granted a Change to Your MegaBonus Offer
... Your old MegaBonus offer will continue to show on the Marriott site. The agent you spoke to noted your account and will usually make the adjustment about a week after the MegaBonus period ends. If the adjustment is not made by then, call Marriott Rewards and they will adjust it manually for you.
Print Wikipost

Fall 2015 MegaBonus® is here ... what's your offer?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
17 people so far have reported the "lesser" 45K offer and 2 people have reported the better 55K offer for the same number of nights (30)
@VickiSoCal regarding the wiki, i didnt receive the 3k bonus offer. I mentioned i was going to try and switch to that.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please fell free to edit. I was trying to get a pic in my mind of relatively how many people are offered each and thought others might find it interesting.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Please fell free to edit. I was trying to get a pic in my mind of relatively how many people are offered each and thought others might find it interesting.
Still no offer
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
My offer was 1b. Nada for my spouse.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I received option 2B: 2k points per stay, starting with 2nd stay.

Certainly doesn't cause me to move any stays to Marriott, as SPG and HH both have better promos right now.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:54 am

Called and successfully switched to "Earn 3,000 bonus points for each paid stay that includes a Friday or Saturday, up to 30,000 bonus points" offer.

The agent noted that down in my account, and I have to call back after Jan 15 so that the agent can manually posted the points for me.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge

On August 19 you will be able to visit your Promotion Central page to receive your unique offer. All offers will be available by 5:00pm EST on the 19th. Qualifying stays can be paid using any method or credit card of your choice.
Still no promos for me! I think I had this problem with the last MegaBonus too. Maybe I should just take it to mean that I can wait until later and pick whatever looks best for me?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:39 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by rylan
I got an interesting one that I've never seen before...

Earn 3,000 bonus points for each paid stay that includes a Friday or Saturday, up to 30,000 bonus points.

Same here. All my stays recently have been weekends due to kids sports!
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: American Airlines, United, Delta, Marriott, Hilton, Hertz.. and MORE
A little confused...

The Wiki seems to indicate that at least one person has a 35,000 offer with a possibility of 20,000 more, to total 55,000.

I am one of those with no offer received, but did get enrolled via chat with Marriott (I am PP and lifetime Plat).

My offer is, like many's, 25,000 + 20,000 = 45,000.

She assured me this is the TOP offer this go-round, and that the 55,000 was an old promo.

I asked whether it would help to get back with Marriott if I had some proof that there is currently a better offer on the table. She said yes.

So, is there proof of a current better offer, or is the 45,000 it?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just edited the wiki format (no content changes), to hopefully make it easier to read with the extra information you added (btw, thanks for adding that).
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat., SPG Plat.
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Yes. Many of us are in the same boat. This happens with every MegaBonus. You would think Marriott would fix this, instead of wasting our time and their paid phone agents' time dealing with this. One IT person must be less expensive than all that agents' time.

As others have pointe out, maybe this saves Marriott in the long run because there are those who won't know to call in, although if the MegaBonus is a marketing tool that drives business, you'd think Marriott would want to get the word out to all customers. And as others have pointed out, you may be able to finagle a better-for-you offer, although IME, when you call in, the agent tells you which bonus you have been given. I've had some success and not had some success asking to switch promos.
I agree, you'd think the marketing group @ Marriott would get a grip on their IT, especially for a tool that is supposed to provide incentives for loyal Marriott rewards members. This is the first time I've experienced this though, in the past I've been automatically registered.

I just called and I was offered the 25K points for 20 nights, I inquired about the 35K points for 20 nights, and she said that promotion doesn't exist, anyone else hear that?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold Elite
I have offer 4 but I want offer 1.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
I got offer 4 (15k after 15 nights). Not gonna do anything for me, specially since I haven't been able to get into my favoured hotel the last couple of times.

Didn't even bother registering
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So offer 6 is a mystery. dank0014, Michilander(removed, didn't get it) have it. MR is telling people who got offer 5 that 6 doesn't exist.

Did anyone else get 6? Can someone who did grab a screenshot?

Last edited by VickiSoCal; Aug 20, 2015 at 5:56 pm
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
5) 25,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 45,000 bonus points

This one for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.