Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Fall 2015 MegaBonus® is here ... what's your offer?

Old Aug 18, 2015, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IslesFan
Period of offer: September 15, 2015 through January 15, 2016

1) 2,000 bonus points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to up to 20,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 11 stays, with no bonus on the first stay)
RDB68, King Chung Huang, bgriz18, mookie10, nrdk, philemer, pinniped, mikeef, luv2ctheworld, sjpmurph01, mr27, MDtR-Chicago

2) Earn double points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 20,000 bonus points

Wheezy, op487062, Scotttheking, Jaenks, joeags, sig05, rower2000, yfish, Smiley90, The_Banking_Scot, CMK10, Gigantor, mike929, highOPS, RatherBeOnATrain, Scheitan, Mr. Nacho, shoodawg, nequine, csyoung49

3) Earn 3,000 bonus points for each paid stay that includes a Friday or Saturday, up to 30,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 10 stays that include Fri or Sat)
Rylan, jm1991, Dom Bologna, leeky (by request)

4) 15,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 25 nights)
Harold, Sacfitz, SAT Lawyer, dwcatty, EricH, darthbimmer, freeflyin, Alpha Golf, RewardAddict, Michilander(spouse), dsquared37, mbflyflyaway, WannaTheater, djp98374, nacho, BeanieTX, ChicagoDave, allset2travel, toooldtostayoutlate, rrohio, Kaycee, FullTimeFlyer, sjpmurph01, Nimitz, Voodoo Daddy, Major G

5) 25,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 45,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 30 nights)
VickiSoCal(spouse), Carpboy823, dmodemd, jalves, sdsearch, njcommodore, alrvd83, MsEverywhere, Jon Maiman, Chewie, Michilander, Wickersley, hnewman, MSPeconomist, quattroking, Duke787, jlb3, cova, LoganFlyer, mrvic43, WesTraveller, pbiflyer, apodo77, andersonCooper, cfischer, kb_rembrandt, mekk, billpreston, DELee, flyerfmaz, anotheran2, hginphl, wenzlydale, ross123, SkyHarbor, Jerruh, Pretzelsandpeanuts, beachfan, orca15, jgottlieb, greenskin, atwby2020, CJKatl, IslesFan

6*) 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 55,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 30 nights)
dank0014
* - some report that MR told them this is not a valid promotion option

If You Did Not Receive an Offer
... And then there are a number of people who (as in every MegaBonus cycle) have not had any version of this promo show up in their account. You can try concating Marriott to fix that (and an interactive method such as a phone call may be more likely to succeed than a non-interactive method like email).

Once You Get a MegaBonus
... Once you call or email Marriott and are given a MegaBonus, it will take several days to show in your account. Be patient.

If Your Were Granted a Change to Your MegaBonus Offer
... Your old MegaBonus offer will continue to show on the Marriott site. The agent you spoke to noted your account and will usually make the adjustment about a week after the MegaBonus period ends. If the adjustment is not made by then, call Marriott Rewards and they will adjust it manually for you.
Print Wikipost

Fall 2015 MegaBonus® is here ... what's your offer?

Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:32 am
Community Director Emerita

I was told that I needed to call after the end of the promo to follow up on the manual adjustment. I called yesterday, the agent checked the notes and found I was approved for the alternative offer, and issued the points while I was on the phone.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
They told me the exact opposite. Go figure! I will call later today.

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I was told that I needed to call after the end of the promo to follow up on the manual adjustment. I called yesterday, the agent checked the notes and found I was approved for the alternative offer, and issued the points while I was on the phone.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did a manual change by email and the email confirmation said to respond back after promo was over for manual posting.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Originally Posted by jlb3
They told me the exact opposite. Go figure! I will call later today.
Same as jlb3. Called the PP line today and the very nice agent told me that the manual adjustments take about a week and should be done by Monday. This is what I remember from other offers. She did check my record for me and confirm that the request for the change is still in there.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PP, Hertz PC
Just called and got my 20k extra points. I chose the double the base points offer with a max of 20k points.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by jkim13
Just called and got my 20k extra points. I chose the double the base points offer with a max of 20k points.
Dawg! I made the same choice, but no joy for me, yet.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 4:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Michilander
Dawg! I made the same choice, but no joy for me, yet.
Same choice here, but partial joy. They manually posted everything but from my last stay (which ended on the last day of the promo and normally takes two weeks to process for regular points, let alone MegaBonus points).
Old Jan 19, 2016, 6:13 pm

Mine was done while I was on the phone. I'm still waiting for my husband's last stay to post before calling.

And I'm happy they brought back the certificates for newest bonus.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Michilander
Called the PP line today and the very nice agent told me that the manual adjustments take about a week and should be done by Monday. This is what I remember from other offers. She did check my record for me and confirm that the request for the change is still in there.
MB points posted this afternoon. ^

Now, normally, I would not have been so antsy about this, but these points got me my LT Plat status back.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by dgreen12
Same choice here, but partial joy. They manually posted everything but from my last stay (which ended on the last day of the promo and normally takes two weeks to process for regular points, let alone MegaBonus points).
Exact same situation here - 18k points manually posted from the promo I was changed to, but missing 2k for an eligible stay that ended on 1/15. I sent a request in through the web form, no response yet. Will give them til next week before I call. I have full faith in MR though, they tend to be really good about this kind of stuff.

Update: Just got a response. As expected, MR took care of this with no headaches. Really appreciate when a company fills the minor gaps in their IT systems with efficient customer service!

Last edited by sjpmurph01; Jan 21, 2016 at 6:55 pm
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:34 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Thanks for all the tips on this forum! Without you I wouldn't have known I could request they change the promo for me. I got moved to the double points after the second stay and am getting close to 20k points -- vs nothing on the original promo since I didn't meet the 15 night threshold.

Thanks everyone!
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by dwcatty
I just called and requested a change from 4 to 1 and the agent said, in essence, no problem, "we'll have to manually track it," and made the switch. This is the best promo for me as I'll have mostly single night weeknight stays at government rates.
I also had to call, the agent made the adjustment while I was on the phone and just like that, an additional 16,000 points are in my account. Cool groovy swell.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:09 pm

I've got the offer of a free night after 2 stays, but in addition to that 10,000 points after 15 nights (which I won't do).

If I change my offer from the 10,000 points after 15 nights to another one, will this also affect my free night after 2 stays, or are they separate ?

Also, where can I find a list of the alternative offers this time around ?

Thanks
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djblamire
I've got the offer of a free night after 2 stays, but in addition to that 10,000 points after 15 nights (which I won't do).

If I change my offer from the 10,000 points after 15 nights to another one, will this also affect my free night after 2 stays, or are they separate ?

Thanks
The only other offer was greater. Read the wiki.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djblamire

Thanks
You're in the wrong thread! This thread is about the Fall 2015 Megabonus, which had no combinations of two offers. You seem to referring to the Spring 2016 Megabonus, for which there is a separate thread:
That's where you'll find the wiki that Vicki was referring to in the post above this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.