Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Fall 2015 MegaBonus® is here ... what's your offer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IslesFan
Period of offer: September 15, 2015 through January 15, 2016

1) 2,000 bonus points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to up to 20,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 11 stays, with no bonus on the first stay)
RDB68, King Chung Huang, bgriz18, mookie10, nrdk, philemer, pinniped, mikeef, luv2ctheworld, sjpmurph01, mr27, MDtR-Chicago

2) Earn double points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 20,000 bonus points

Wheezy, op487062, Scotttheking, Jaenks, joeags, sig05, rower2000, yfish, Smiley90, The_Banking_Scot, CMK10, Gigantor, mike929, highOPS, RatherBeOnATrain, Scheitan, Mr. Nacho, shoodawg, nequine, csyoung49

3) Earn 3,000 bonus points for each paid stay that includes a Friday or Saturday, up to 30,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 10 stays that include Fri or Sat)
Rylan, jm1991, Dom Bologna, leeky (by request)

4) 15,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 25 nights)
Harold, Sacfitz, SAT Lawyer, dwcatty, EricH, darthbimmer, freeflyin, Alpha Golf, RewardAddict, Michilander(spouse), dsquared37, mbflyflyaway, WannaTheater, djp98374, nacho, BeanieTX, ChicagoDave, allset2travel, toooldtostayoutlate, rrohio, Kaycee, FullTimeFlyer, sjpmurph01, Nimitz, Voodoo Daddy, Major G

5) 25,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 45,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 30 nights)
VickiSoCal(spouse), Carpboy823, dmodemd, jalves, sdsearch, njcommodore, alrvd83, MsEverywhere, Jon Maiman, Chewie, Michilander, Wickersley, hnewman, MSPeconomist, quattroking, Duke787, jlb3, cova, LoganFlyer, mrvic43, WesTraveller, pbiflyer, apodo77, andersonCooper, cfischer, kb_rembrandt, mekk, billpreston, DELee, flyerfmaz, anotheran2, hginphl, wenzlydale, ross123, SkyHarbor, Jerruh, Pretzelsandpeanuts, beachfan, orca15, jgottlieb, greenskin, atwby2020, CJKatl, IslesFan

6*) 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 55,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 30 nights)
dank0014
* - some report that MR told them this is not a valid promotion option

If You Did Not Receive an Offer
... And then there are a number of people who (as in every MegaBonus cycle) have not had any version of this promo show up in their account. You can try concating Marriott to fix that (and an interactive method such as a phone call may be more likely to succeed than a non-interactive method like email).

Once You Get a MegaBonus
... Once you call or email Marriott and are given a MegaBonus, it will take several days to show in your account. Be patient.

If Your Were Granted a Change to Your MegaBonus Offer
... Your old MegaBonus offer will continue to show on the Marriott site. The agent you spoke to noted your account and will usually make the adjustment about a week after the MegaBonus period ends. If the adjustment is not made by then, call Marriott Rewards and they will adjust it manually for you.
Print Wikipost

Fall 2015 MegaBonus® is here ... what's your offer?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2015, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
There is no promotion in my account, so I called this morning. Agent said that she could see one (#4) and automatically enrolled me before I could say anything. There is no way I will be staying 15 nights, so I was going to ask for #2. Agent said, don't worry, at the end of the promo period, if you didn't do the 15 nights, the system will automatically change my promo for one I did achieve. Does this make sense, or should I HUCA?

(Still can't see anything in my account.)
Old Sep 3, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
I just called and requested a change from 4 to 1 and the agent said, in essence, no problem, "we'll have to manually track it," and made the switch. This is the best promo for me as I'll have mostly single night weeknight stays at government rates.

Thanks FT!
Old Sep 3, 2015, 2:58 pm

Wife was originally booked into #4, but we have only 3 stays for 12 days but close to $2000 booked, so she e-mailed and was switched to #2. We'll have to do an overnight before the first 8 day stay over the Christmas holidays, but it will be worth it for an extra 20K points. She forgot to register prior to the e-mail, but they switched and manually registered her.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
There is no promotion in my account, so I called this morning. Agent said that she could see one (#4) and automatically enrolled me before I could say anything. There is no way I will be staying 15 nights, so I was going to ask for #2. Agent said, don't worry, at the end of the promo period, if you didn't do the 15 nights, the system will automatically change my promo for one I did achieve. Does this make sense, or should I HUCA?

(Still can't see anything in my account.)
1. It may take a day or two at least for an offline registration to show up online.

2. I'm not sure if you told us every single word the agent said. So it might make sense or not (depending on what they said exactly). If the agent actually made a note at their end that you wanted #2, then it almost makes sense the way you worded it, except the computer "system" isn't what will do it automatically, but rather an agent will do it (usually) automatically if it has been noted in your account that you requested a change to #2. (But the "system" in the sense of the Marriott operation will. So, again, exact wording matters as to how much sense it does or doesn't make.) The part that definitely could make sense is that if you do achieve the higher promo (that you were automatically selected for) after all, I don't think the agent is going to take anything back.

3. It's not exactly at the end of the promo period that your "alternate" promo is computed, it's typically a week or two after the end (to allow everything to post first).
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Made the switch from 4 to 1. However, now I am having second thoughts and think 2 may have been better as a couple of stays are 3 days.... we will see.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by VisaW
I'm MR Gold and not seeing anything on my promotions page.

When I click on the small advert on the main page, it goes to a Promotion Unavailable page.

Anyone else getting this and know the solution?
Originally Posted by tide
Login into your account and use web form to contact Cust Svc.
https://www.marriott.com/marriott/contact.mi

This not worth wasting your time calling it in. Happened to me. 1 day later, was registered. This is a good time to ask for what specific MegaBonus you want.
Thanks for the information, I have the same issue as VisaW. No promotions listed under Promotion Central and the link that goes to an offer not available page. Asked for the 2000 bonus points after 2nd stay. Will see how it goes.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Platinum here. I got NOTHING in the Spring, NOTHING in August, and NOTHING this time around either. I've called numerous times this year about the lack of promotions and the lack of notifications when there are promotions, and haven't got anywhere. The last time I called must have been a few days before this promotion started. I haven't checked again, until today (and still nothing).

I tried calling, but Elite Customer Service is closed on the weekends.

I'm booking all of my hotel stays for the rest of the year this weekend. Without knowing what bonus to shoot for, I'm going to assume NO BONUS FROM MARRIOTT while comparing my options. Marriott's loss. Other chains' gain.

I'm likely not going to requalify this year, because I've picked other chains that DO have promotions over and over this year. I'm only at 40 nights so far. I have almost 100 nights left to book, but I really doubt 35 of them will be at Marriott without a promotion. (I've already requalified for Hilton Diamond and Starwood Gold.)

Thanks for NOTHING Marriott.

I think I'm going to check status matching options and just eliminate Marriott from my stays.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 7:59 pm
Suspended

?????? this promo doesn't start until 15 September and as always ALL reward members can get a promo even if they must first contact MR.

Originally Posted by MichaelColey
Platinum here. I got NOTHING in the Spring, NOTHING in August, and NOTHING this time around either. I've called numerous times this year about the lack of promotions and the lack of notifications when there are promotions, and haven't got anywhere. The last time I called must have been a few days before this promotion started. I haven't checked again, until today (and still nothing).
Old Sep 6, 2015, 10:56 pm

Programs: United-Gold, Marriott-Plat, Hertz Gold 5 Star
Newly minted Plat here. I got #5 (25k points for 20 night stay, 2k for any stay above 20, max 45k9). Joined MR in 2013, got Gold last year. No way I'll hit 20 nights between Sept. 15 and Jan. 15. I have 10 nights booked already through the end of the year, there is a chance I could hit 15 but with my wife and I expecting a baby in Nov., I'll have no biz trips from mid Oct. until the new year (will have 3 stays in hotels over the holidays though, but that's included in the 10 night total).

Thinking about calling to change but I doubt they would do it, as they can see my reservations already-why would they offer me a promotion when they basically have my business? I really don't have a choice in the matter-my boss is a lifetime Plat, and since we travel together on business, I stay where he stays, which is a Marriott property. Still, it's worth a try and I'll keep you all posted.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have never, ever heard of anyone not getting a promo after asking. Just use contact us on the webpage.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 5:00 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by MichaelColey

Thanks for NOTHING Marriott.

I think I'm going to check status matching options and just eliminate Marriott from my stays.
Gosh, it must be tough to not be loved.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 11:20 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Since the changing of promo is allowed, would it be simplier to give an options to choose starting from next Megabonus promo?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Jaenks
Since the changing of promo is allowed, would it be simplier to give an options to choose starting from next Megabonus promo?
Uh, since the beginning of Flyertalk and the Marriott Rewards forum, you'll find other threads that ask the same question. Unfortunately, MR and its minders haven't received the hint that we'd like to choose what make sense for us for a given travel period and end up tying up phone lines and e-mail responses to our requests to change each new promotion - Megabonus or not.

Perhaps the MR Insider can shed some light - or others who more fully grasp the intricacies of running a rewards program.

David
Old Sep 8, 2015, 1:02 am
Suspended

Based upon history, while everyone will/can get a promo, not everyone will be able to change their promo as put forward below.

While being able to choose ones promo, ala SPG/HH has been put forward (repeatedly) before, MRs does not seem to want to adopt this practice.

Originally Posted by Jaenks
Old Sep 9, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Didn't get an offer. Sent an email without requesting any specific promo & got an email offer (#5) that day. Shouldn't be a problem for me to hit 20+ nights - 10 already planned & another 20 at a minimum likely.

As an added bonus, I'll hit Plat. during this period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.